Naples has long been the largest city in Italy for tourists to visit and with an influx of tourists annually, business in Naples is always expanding to new heights almost daily. Naples is also the host to the port of Naples and the largest cargo terminal in Italy, making it the easiest city to import a motor vehicle to in Italy. Along with business and easy cargo terminal access, the weather in Naples makes this city a perfect city when relocating to Italy. The Mediterranean climate provides ample perfect weather for sight-seeing, traveling for work or play and enjoying each day when heading out in the city. You may want to study traffic patterns for Naples as traffic in the city can be quite different than driving in the United States. Things that Americans take for granted like red lights, stop signs and right of way are almost never used in Italy, and driving takes quite a bit of practice and defensive driving skills to get used to the massive congestion that is often seen on roadways, whether during interstate travel or on secondary roads. Primarily when motorists are on the roads, the main thing that people consider is doing all that you can to not be involved in an automobile accident.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Professional Transport Services.
When you need your car shipped you will need to hire a professional transport service to relocate the car for you. You’ll provide specific details about your car when submitting information for an international shipping price, and you’ll make a decision on the type of shipping you will use to have your car transported overseas. Most people use RORO shipping when relocating their car to Naples as it is the quickest and most inexpensive form of international shipping available. For those who need to ship personal items, or have a classic or antique car to ship, enclosed shipping is also available for Naples. Enclosed shipping places your car in a more secure environment during shipment and with the use of a shipping container it allows the shipment of household goods at the same time. The total price of international shipping will be based on the type of car you have, the distance from port to port, and the method of transport that you will have your car shipped. Once you have the car scheduled for shipment you will want to make sure you have it cleaned, fluid levels and battery charge complete and all alarms disabled before the transport carrier picks the car up for shipment. You will also be required to provide the transport company with documents to verify your identity as well as vehicle ownership.
- Driver’s License.
- Social Security Card.
- Motor vehicle Registration.
You may also be required to sign a Power of Attorney that will give the transporter permission to relocate your car without your physical presence.
Automobile Registration in Naples.
When you have your personal vehicle imported to Naples, you will be required to register the vehicle with the local Department of Motor Vehicles. All cars driving in Italy are required to have Italian license tags and cars not displaying an Italian tag will be removed from the roadways by the Police. You will also be required to register for a tax code number and will have to pay taxes, regardless of motor vehicle ownership status, when living in Naples. All residents, foreign and domestic, must pay taxes to the Italian Government. Upon importation you will need to pay import duties and taxes on your car, although if you have owned the car for at least one year prior to import you can apply for an exemption of the duty fees. While customs regulations are very slim, you will need to have specific documents to register your motor vehicle and to pay taxes. The documents include:
- Original Car Registration.
- Driver’s License (Foreign or Domestic).
- Commercial Sales Invoice.
- Tax Code Number showing Car Owners Name.
- Driver’s License (Foreign or Domestic but must have Italian translation available).
- Residency Certificate.
- T2119 Application as well as an NP2B registration.
- Sales Invoice.
- Original Car Registration and a copy of the registration.
- Company cars must have a Certificate of Commerce and must also provide a statement showing the name of the driver of the car when in Naples.
- Tax Code Number of Car Owner.
When you contact the international shipping company your agent will be able to answer any questions you may have about items you may be able to ship with your car if any, the total price of shipping and how it is calculated, the pick-up and delivery schedule times and all other automobile shipping questions. For important information pertaining to international overseas shipping, you can also check with the Federal Maritime Convention or with U.S. Customs and Border Protection Agency.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?