Gostivar is a city which is located in the Republic of Macedonia in the upper valley region of Polog. It is without a doubt one of the largest municipalities in the country and it is situated in the foothills of one of the largest mountains in the country – the Sar Mountains.
If you are planning to move to the country, you might be interested in getting your vehicle with you. However, you would have to adhere to the laws and the regulations of the Republic of Macedonia and you would have to plan for it ahead of time.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
There are quite a few specific regulations which are set forth by the Macedonia Customs Administration and they are applicable to all of the vehicles which are going to be used on the roads in Gostivar. You are going to need to take the following into consideration:
- You need to have a valid passport.
- Driver’s license issued in the USA.
- Clear title, registration documents, and license plates.
- You have to register it with the PD of Gostivar within 48 hours of arrival.
- Payment of the entry tax which is at least 14.5% but it’s going to vary based on the overall value of your vehicle.
As per the regulations set forth by the Ministry of Transport and Communications, there are additional documents that you are going to need to submit to the customs departments and they include:
- Original Bill of Sale which is showing details about your engine, number of chassis, VIN, make and model as well as year of your vehicle.
- Original title deed and registration documents are required as used vehicles are allowed into the country.
- Valid driving license from the U.S.
- Import-license if the vehicle is new.
- Insurance policy.
- Bill of Lading.
You also have to be aware of the fact that Macedonia is a land-locked country and you would need to get your car to the Port of Thessaloniki in Greece and drive it to the country from there. You could also authorize your shipping agent to do so.
Prior to the Export.
You would have to finalize the overall shipping service before you can ship your vehicle. You have to get a written estimate of the entire cost of the service. You would also have to prepare the vehicle if you are using the RORO method. The total cost is going to feature different service fees, taxes and duties as well as the cost of the RORO or Container Shipping method.
If you choose to go with Container shipping the prepping of the vehicle won’t take that much as there are no specific requirements for you to adhere to. All you need to do is to choose between a 20ft or 40ft container. You can also choose to ship other belongings along with your vehicle. However, if you pick the cheaper method – the RORO one, you are going to have to take some details into consideration. They include:
- Remove all of your personal belongings in advance.
- Remove all of the fuel and flammable material and leave only ¼ of a gas tank full.
- Steam clean the vehicle to avoid quarantine at the port in Greece.
You can also take advantage of the information which is provided at the Republic of Macedonia Consulate in Washington, D.C.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?