- Car Shipping Democratic Republic Of The Congo
- Shipping An Automobile To The Democratic Republic Of The Congo From The United States
- Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Cost & Time Examples For Shipping A Car To Democratic Republic Of The Congo
- Popular Shipping Destinations
- About The Democratic Republic Of The Congo
- The Methods Of Shipping From The U.s
- Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To The Congo
- Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To The Democratic Republic Of The Congo
- Transporting Your Cargo Overseas
- Other Services
- Related Information & Faqs
Car Shipping Democratic Republic of the Congo
Shipping an Automobile to the Democratic Republic of the Congo From the United States
Shipping A Car To The Democratic Republic of the Congo
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Most vehicle shipments from the U.S. to the Democratic Republic of the Congo cost $3,300 to $6,000.
- It costs a little more to ship to the area than some other countries because of the limited access and transport infrastructure.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Democratic Republic of the Congo
|San Jose, CA to (California port) to Matadi||$200||$5,300||5+35|
|Las Vegas, NV to (California port) to Matadi||$450||$5,300||5+35|
|Phoenix, AZ to (California port) to Matadi||$550||$5,300||6+35|
|Columbus, OH to (New York port) to Matadi||$550||$4,500||5+24|
|Detroit, MI to (New York port) to Matadi||$575||$4,500||6+24|
|Chicago, IL to (New York port) to Matadi||$675||$4,500||6+24|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Matadi||$775||$5,300||7+35|
|Memphis, TN to (New York port) to Matadi||$800||$4,500||6+24|
|Miami, FL to (New York port) to Matadi||$925||$4,500||7+24|
|Dallas, TX to (California port) to Matadi||$1,025||$5,300||7+35|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
When heading to the Democratic Republic of the Congo for an extended stay or residence, consider having a personal vehicle shipped/exported. This will only prove to be a valuable asset out in the Congo and will allow the freedom of travel. With so much to do and see, an automobile will prove to be helpful.
Water transportation is the most used form of public transit in the Congo. The harsh climates make it hard to maintain railways and roadways, yet without roads, reaching all regions of the Congo would be nearly impossible. So, if vehicle shipment is a possibility, make sure the vehicle is in great shape and can withstand the harsh climate and rough roadways.
Popular Shipping Destinations
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Auto Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
About the Democratic Republic of the Congo
The Democratic Republic of the Congo is located in Central Africa. It is the 11th largest country in the world. It consists mostly of rainforest and many come there to study the wildlife.
The rainfall is heavy and thunderstorms are persistent, making the Congo full of endangered species and wildlife. Gorillas, elephants, and hippopotamus are just a few of the species that can be found roaming the mountains and rough terrains.
The Methods of Shipping from the U.S.
There are various automobile shipping/importing methods that can be chosen from. Regardless of the type of vehicle being shipped/imported, there are two main forms of shipping that people tend to use for international vehicle shipping.
The RO/RO shipping method is the cheapest. The car must be completely empty. Only a car jack, floor mats and a spare tire may be included in the vehicle. The car will then roll onto the ship and roll off of it when it reaches the port. The owner must be present when it arrives.
The container technique is more expensive, but it enables the shipper to transport additional items alongside the vehicle. Both the car and the container have storage capacity for personal belongings. You can choose from various different containers, and you and a friend can even share one. This will be helpful in reducing expenses.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To The Congo
When shipping/exporting a vehicle to the Democratic Republic of the Congo, make sure to have the following documentation on hand:
- Original title and vehicle registration (registration card)
- Bill of lading
- Packing (freight) invoice
- Receipt of duties and taxes paid
- Passport and picture ID or license
- Proof of purchase
Contact the Embassy of the Democratic Republic of the Congo for current information in regards to vehicle shipment. Also, make sure that there is transportation prepared on the day that the vehicle is due to arrive in Congo. The vehicle owner will need to be there for its pickup.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To the Democratic Republic of the Congo
You might assume that shipping your heavy equipment or oversized cargo out of the U.S. and to the Democratic Republic of the Congo is too much of a challenge. By hiring longstanding transporters to tend to the transport, you can relax knowing your cargo is in good hands. Luckily, at A1 Auto Transport we have access to all the best transport equipment and technology. We know we can ship your cargo affordably and safely to the Congo without any concern. Here are some types of heavy equipment and oversized cargo we’ve shipped internationally in the past…
- Road Rollers
- Asphalt Pavers
- Dump Trucks
- Pile Drivers and more…
The way your heavy equipment or oversized equipment is shipped overseas depends on the type of cargo it is. Even so, no matter the details of your international transport services, you will receive free insurance coverage. This coverage may not protect the entire value of your equipment but we do have additional insurance options if you’re concerned for the security of your cargo during its travels overseas.
Transporting Your Cargo Overseas
When you call in to schedule your transport and talk over your options, our representatives will help you make any decisions regarding your future shipping process. To provide you with a little information concerning our different shipping options, continue reading below.
- The Lift On/Lift Off method of transport is also referred to as LoLo. It is an affordable shipping service that requires the use of a crane to lift your inoperable or crated cargo onto the ship.
- The Roll On/Roll Off shipping method is also called RoRo shipping and it is our most popular and affordable option. This particular open air service requires your vehicle to have the ability to roll onto and off of the ship with the help of a ramp.
- The Flat Rack shipping method secures your cargo to an open rack or metal frame. It is then carefully placed aboard the ship.
- Container shipping is for heavy cargo that can fit into a 40ft shipping container. Since this method is the most secure form of transport, it tends to be pricier than the other transport options available.