Shipping an Automobile to the Democratic Republic of the Congo From the United States
Shipping A Car To The Democratic Republic of the Congo
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Most vehicle shipments from the U.S. to the Democratic Republic of the Congo cost $3,300 to $6,000.
- It costs a little more to ship to the area than some other countries because of the limited access and transport infrastructure.
When heading to the Democratic Republic of the Congo for an extended stay or residence, consider having a personal vehicle shipped/exported. This will only prove to be a valuable asset out in the Congo and will allow the freedom of travel. With so much to do and see, an automobile will prove to be helpful.
Water transportation is the most used form of public transit in the Congo. The harsh climates make it hard to maintain railways and roadways, yet without roads, reaching all regions of the Congo would be nearly impossible. So, if vehicle shipment is a possibility, make sure the vehicle is in great shape and can withstand the harsh climate and rough roadways.
Popular Shipping Destinations
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
About the Democratic Republic of the Congo
The Democratic Republic of the Congo is located in Central Africa. It is the 11th largest country in the world. It consists mostly of rainforest and many come there to study the wildlife.
The rainfall is heavy and thunderstorms are persistent, making the Congo full of endangered species and wildlife. Gorillas, elephants, and hippopotamus are just a few of the species that can be found roaming the mountains and rough terrains.
The Methods of Shipping from the U.S.
There are various automobile shipping/importing methods that can be chosen from. Regardless of the type of vehicle being shipped/imported, there are two main forms of shipping that people tend to use for international vehicle shipping.
The RO/RO shipping method is the cheapest. The car must be completely empty. Only a car jack, floor mats and a spare tire may be included in the vehicle. The car will then roll onto the ship and roll off of it when it reaches the port. The owner must be present when it arrives.
The container method is a bit pricier, but it allows a person to ship other belongings with the vehicle. The automobile can be filled with property as well as the container. There are several containers to select from and they can be split with another individual. This will help to ease the costs.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To The Congo
When shipping/exporting a vehicle to the Democratic Republic of the Congo, make sure to have the following documentation on hand:
- Original title and vehicle registration (registration card)
- Bill of lading
- Packing (freight) invoice
- Receipt of duties and taxes paid
- Passport and picture ID or license
- Proof of purchase
Contact the Embassy of the Democratic Republic of the Congo for current information in regards to vehicle shipment. Also, make sure that there is transportation prepared on the day that the vehicle is due to arrive in Congo. The vehicle owner will need to be there for its pickup.
Related Information & FAQs
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?