Deliver Your Car Stress Free
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Damascus
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers ready to serve
- RORO, container & air freight transport overseas
- BBB A+ rated award winning service, always on time
- Get an instant quote using our form, or call: 1-800-518-8708
The capital of Syria is Damascus. It is found in the southwestern part along the foothills of the Anti- Lebanon Mountains that range about fifty miles inland from the Mediterranean. The climate here is very dry.
The river that flows through Damascus is called the Barada River. It is pivotal in the trade and commerce of the region despite the unrest and war in the region. If you are moving to Damascus temporarily, you may want to import your car here as well. The Mediterranean Sea offers five different ports that are close to Syria so you can import much easier from the United States.
You can get around in Damascus easier if you have your own transportation. To purchase a vehicle in Syria would certainly cost more money than if you purchased one from the United States.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Rules to Import.
If you want to import your vehicle to Damascus from the United States, you will need to follow the protocol to do so. All documentation listed below will need to be presented to Customs in order to obtain your vehicle. If not, you will not be able to import your vehicle to one of the five ports.
- The vehicle will need to be less than two years old.
- The vehicle’s owner must be present at Customs before it can be cleared.
- No vehicles with diesel engines are allowed.
- You must be a foreign expert or diplomat to import the vehicle tax free.
- You have four months to clear Customs once it arrives.
- If you are there for work, your vehicle must be sent back or re-exported after you leave Damascus.
Documents Needed to Import.
You need a permit from the Syrian General Directorate of Customs stating that your vehicle has cleared for temporary admission into Syria. Additionally, a letter stating your place of employment in Syria is needed while if you are on diplomatic exemption, then an authorized letter stating you are a foreign diplomat from the Syrian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
When shipping from the U.S to Syria, you will have two shipping methods to choose from. The first is the Roll On/ Roll Off method and the other is Container Shipping. You will need to choose between these two.
Traveling in Syria.
Traveling around in Syria is not bad as almost all roads are paved and taken care of. When you drive your vehicle, you shouldn’t have any problems getting from one place to another. If you choose to use public transportation in Syria, you will quickly learn that it can be very costly over a period of time.
For further updates on the current laws and conditions in Syria, call in the Embassy of Syria today, before you ship your vehicle.