Shipping a Vehicle to Chad from the United States
Shipping A Car To Chad.
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Costs generally fall between $1,900 to $4,100 for shipping a car to Chad from the United States, though in some cases, it can cost as much as $6,000 or more for certain types of vehicles and shipment requests. (Mainly, this applies to larger vehicles and specialized services.)
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Chad
|New York, NY to (New York port) to Moundou||$275||$8,800||5+25|
|Los Angeles to (California port) to N'Djamena||$350||$11,100||5+35|
|Boston, MA to (New York port) to Moundou||$400||$8,800||5+25|
|Las Vegas, NV to (California port) to Moundou||$450||$9,700||5+35|
|Seattle, WA to (California port) to N'Djamena||$550||$11,100||6+35|
|Detroit, MI to (New York port) to N'Djamena||$575||$10,100||6+25|
|Chicago, IL to (New York port) to N'Djamena||$675||$10,100||6+25|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Moundou||$775||$9,700||7+35|
|Memphis, TN to (New York port) to N'Djamena||$800||$10,100||6+25|
|Dallas, TX to (California port) to N'Djamena||$1,025||$11,100||7+35|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
When arranging to ship a vehicle to Chad there are several considerations you need to be aware of when making your plans. You will naturally have paperwork to complete and will have to produce valid identification and vehicle documents as well as pay shipping fees. Another important aspect to consider is the weather pattern on the part of Chad you are relocating to. Chad has a typically hot and tropical climate throughout the year, but there are rainy seasons that vary from one area to another.
The central regions of Chad have a rainy season that runs from June through September, while the Southern regions have rainy season from May through October. In the Northern regions, there is usually not very much rain and all. During the rainy season, severe storms flood many of the roadways and make them impassable for driving.
Also to note is that if you plan on driving outside of the city of N’Djamena, you will need to have a 4x4 because the roads are not well built and very rugged. You will also need to ensure that when driving in Chad you keep your passport, driver’ license and vehicle registration in your vehicle at all times due to police roadblocks that are frequently set up to deter highway bandits.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click Here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Popular Shipping Destinations
Other Types Of Vehicles We Transport To Chad
Motor Vehicle Regulations
You need to know the Motor Vehicle Regulations for Chad before you plan to ship. There are very strict regulations on shipping vehicles into the country. These are the regulations for shipping your vehicle to Chad:
- Vehicles that are older than 3 years old are not allowed to be shipped into Chad.
- All new vehicles shipped into Chad are required to be taxed and have to show the duty base of the vehicle. In other words, you will have to show why you need your own vehicle while living in Chad.
- Used vehicles do not have to show duty base.
- The import taxes for shipping a new vehicle is based upon the make, model and year of the vehicle or up to 60% of the cost, insurance and freight fees paid for shipping.
Required Paperwork For Shipping A Vehicle To Chad
- Original Bill of Sale.
- Original Title and Registration.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Social Security Number (Card)
- Certificate of non-sale which shows you are not selling your vehicle.
- Import License if your vehicle is new.
- If you are unable to be with your vehicle at the point of departure, you will need a signed Power of Attorney.
Prior to Shipping
Before you ship your vehicle you will want to make sure you have a written total quote from the transporter to ship your vehicle to Chad. Your quote needs to contain the original shipping origin and the destination in Chad. Since Chad does not have any ports, you will need to make plans with the shipping transporter to unload your vehicle and have it driven into Chad unless you plan on meeting the freight shipper and driving yourself, or have hired someone else to pick the vehicle up and drive into Chad for you.
There are also regulations on the condition of any vehicle being imported to Chad. Prior to shipping, you will need to make sure that you clean your vehicle out well. Empty the trunk and the interior of the vehicle of any personal items you may have inside. Make sure there is nothing on the exterior that can separate or fall off during shipping. You’ll also need to empty the gasoline and any other flammable substances, and either disconnect or remove the car battery.
Your transporter will be able to advise you on any other area of your vehicle that may need repaired or taken care of before shipping. If you need further information on what is allowed when transporting your vehicle, or for assistance with other Chad customs questions, you can contact The Republic of Chad Embassy in Washington, DC.
The Cost and Types of Shipping
The final cost you will pay for shipping will depend on the weight of your vehicle, the distance from the port of origin to the port of entry in Chad, and the type of shipping you decide on. Other things to consider will be whether you pick the vehicle up at the port of entry, or if you hire a company to deliver it to Chad from the port. Delivery will be added into your final cost when you make the reservation with the transporter.
The two main types of international vehicle shipping are:
- Ro-Ro (Roll On/Roll Off) Shipping: Ro-Ro Shipping is generally the choice made by most when shipping their vehicle to another country. With Ro-Ro Shipping, vehicles are driven directly on the carrier ship at the point of origin and driven off at the destination point. This is the simplest and most inexpensive way of shipping a vehicle to Chad. There are 50 ports near Chad to choose from to have your vehicle shipped to. Your transporter will be able to help you decide which port is most convenient for you. Ro-Ro Shipping is generally anywhere between $1500 and $2500 for shipping.
- Container Vehicle Shipping: Container Shipping is exactly what the name says. Your vehicle will be shipped inside of a container on a carrier ship from the United States to the closest port to Chad. While Container Shipping is a bit more expensive than Ro-Ro Shipping due to having to have more stability for safety reasons while shipping your vehicle, it is a great value when you want to ship other items with your vehicle. You have an option of a 20ft or a 40ft container and can easily have your vehicle and other items shipped at the same time. You can also opt to share a container with another shipper who may be shipping a vehicle to the same port. Container Vehicle Shipping can cost you on average around $1000 more than Ro-Ro Shipping depending on the size of the container.
Prior to shipping your vehicle to Chad, you will need to gather all of the paperwork for exporting from the U.S Customs and Border Protection Agency. When you contact them they will give you all of the information pertaining to exact paperwork necessary for exporting your vehicle to Chad.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Chad
The process of shipping heavy or oversized cargo overseas is a challenge if you’ve never had to before. It takes careful planning, attention to detail, the latest transport technology and equipment, and knowledge of foreign import policies to properly execute an international transport. This needn’t be a concern if you hire reliable international transporters to ship your heavy equipment or oversized cargo to Chad for you. In fact, A1 Auto Transport has been helping people ship their cargo overseas for nearly 30 years. We’re confident we can get your cargo shipped outside of the U.S. safely and quickly.
The Types of Heavy Equipment and Oversized Cargo We Can Ship Overseas
There is no limit to the types of heavy equipment and oversized cargo we’re able to ship. In the decades we’ve been established as transporters we have shipped countless types of large cargo and we’re pretty certain there’s nothing we can’t have shipped nationally or internationally. Below is a list containing some of the heavy equipment and oversized cargo we have shipped in the past and will ship again.
- Farm Equipment
- Industrial Equipment
- Agricultural Equipment
- Mining Equipment
- Dump Trucks
- Hydraulic Equipment
- Track Loaders
- Pile Drivers
- Asphalt Pavers
- Large Trucks & Heavy Vehicles
- Engineering Equipment
What Are the Transport Methods I Have to Choose From?
Through A1, we offer four different overseas transport methods for oversized cargo and heavy equipment. However, the shipping methods available to you will depend on what type of cargo you’re shipping. For instance, container shipping is the safest method of transport we offer yet if your cargo is too large to fit into the container, this method is not available to you. In some cases, we can disassemble your heavy equipment to fit into the container if necessary.
We offer three open air shipping methods. These methods include RoRo shipping, LoLo shipping, and flat rack shipping. These shipping methods are all cost efficient and inexpensive but each is carried out differently. RoRo shipping is the cheapest and it is only available to those shipping operable vehicles and equipment. LoLo shipping is best for those shipping crated equipment or inoperable vehicles. Flat rack shipping is available to any shipping customer. With this particular method, your cargo is strapped to a metal rack which is placed aboard the ship.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
🇹🇩 Chad, (TD)
Our Services and Information
Car International Destinations
Motorcycle International Destinations
🇹🇩 Chad, (TD)
🇹🇩 Chad, (TD)
A-1 Auto Transport Worldwide Locations
We Strive to Serve Countries around the World.
- Car Shipping To Or From Port of Ponce, Puerto RicoShip Car To AalborgShip Car To AarhusShip Car To AbbotsfordShip Car To AbéchéShip Car To AberdeenShip Car To AbhaShip Car To AbidjanShip Car To AboboShip Car To Abomey-CalaviShip Car To AbovyanShip Car To Abu DhabiShip Car To Abū GhuraybShip Car To AcapulcoShip Car To AccraShip Car To AcharnesShip Car To AdamaShip Car To AdanaShip Car To Adda-DoueniShip Car To Addis AbabaShip Car To AdelaideShip Car To AdenShip Car To AfghanistanShip Car To AgadezShip Car To Aguascalientes
What A Pet Mover Does“Uber” for Kids?$500 Auto Transport | Finding Affordable Shippers10 Important Areas You Need To Know Around Your Neighborhood10 Questions To Ask An Auto Transport Company2016 Sturgis Motorcycle Rally2016 Utah International Auto Expo25 Years Old Cars: Import into the U.S.3 Tips for Getting Discount Auto Transport3 Tips For Moving Back To School3 Tips When Shipping Your Motorcycle5 Free Auto Shipping Quotes5 Great Additions You Can Add To Your Home’s Outdoors 5 Major Issues That Could Turn Your Move Upside Down5 Things You Never Knew About American Auto Transport5 Tips For Buying a Used Car5 Tips On How To Put Your Used Packing Materials To Good Use5 Ways to Ensure Your Car Delivery Is A Pleasant One5 Ways to Find a Real Professional Auto Transport Company5 ways to tell that your new house is now organized5 Worst Pickup Trucks of All Time6 Different Ways To Meet Your New Neighbors6 Gift Ideas For Your New Neighbors6 Great Ways To Get Involved In Your New Community6 Reasons Why You Should Keep Your House Organized
- What A Pet Mover Does“Uber” for Kids?$500 Auto Transport | Finding Affordable Shippers10 Important Areas You Need To Know Around Your Neighborhood10 Questions To Ask An Auto Transport Company2016 Sturgis Motorcycle Rally2016 Utah International Auto Expo25 Years Old Cars: Import into the U.S.3 Tips for Getting Discount Auto Transport3 Tips For Moving Back To School3 Tips When Shipping Your Motorcycle5 Free Auto Shipping Quotes5 Great Additions You Can Add To Your Home’s Outdoors 5 Major Issues That Could Turn Your Move Upside Down5 Things You Never Knew About American Auto Transport5 Tips For Buying a Used Car5 Tips On How To Put Your Used Packing Materials To Good Use5 Ways to Ensure Your Car Delivery Is A Pleasant One5 Ways to Find a Real Professional Auto Transport Company5 ways to tell that your new house is now organized5 Worst Pickup Trucks of All Time6 Different Ways To Meet Your New Neighbors6 Gift Ideas For Your New Neighbors6 Great Ways To Get Involved In Your New Community6 Reasons Why You Should Keep Your House Organized
- 2019 - October2019 - September2019 - August2019 - July2019 - April2019 - March2019 - February2019 - January2018 - December2018 - November2018 - October2018 - September2018 - August2018 - July2018 - June2018 - May2018 - April2018 - March2018 - February2018 - January2017 - December2017 - November2017 - October2017 - September2017 - August