Shipping a Vehicle to Chad from the United States.
Shipping A Car To Chad.
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Costs generally fall between $1,900 to $4,100 for shipping a car to Chad from the United States, though in some cases, it can cost as much as $6,000 or more for certain types of vehicles and shipment requests. (Mainly, this applies to larger vehicles and specialized services.)
When arranging to ship a vehicle to Chad there are several considerations you need to be aware of when making your plans. You will naturally have paperwork to complete and will have to produce valid identification and vehicle documents as well as pay shipping fees. Another important aspect to consider is the weather pattern on the part of Chad you are relocating to. Chad has a typically hot and tropical climate throughout the year, but there are rainy seasons that vary from one area to another.
The central regions of Chad have a rainy season that runs from June through September, while the Southern regions have rainy season from May through October. In the Northern regions, there is usually not very much rain and all. During the rainy season, severe storms flood many of the roadways and make them impassable for driving.
Also to note is that if you plan on driving outside of the city of N’Djamena, you will need to have a 4×4 because the roads are not well built and very rugged. You will also need to ensure that when driving in Chad you keep your passport, driver’ license and vehicle registration in your vehicle at all times due to police roadblocks that are frequently set up to deter highway bandits.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Popular Shipping Destinations:
Other Types Of Vehicles We Transport To Chad.
Motor Vehicle Regulations.
You need to know the Motor Vehicle Regulations for Chad before you plan to ship. There are very strict regulations on shipping vehicles into the country. These are the regulations for shipping your vehicle to Chad:
- Vehicles that are older than 3 years old are not allowed to be shipped into Chad.
- All new vehicles shipped into Chad are required to be taxed and have to show the duty base of the vehicle. In other words, you will have to show why you need your own vehicle while living in Chad.
- Used vehicles do not have to show duty base.
- The import taxes for shipping a new vehicle is based upon the make, model and year of the vehicle or up to 60% of the cost, insurance and freight fees paid for shipping.
Required Paperwork For Shipping A Vehicle To Chad.
- Original Bill of Sale.
- Original Title and Registration.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Social Security Number (Card)
- Certificate of non-sale which shows you are not selling your vehicle.
- Import License if your vehicle is new.
- If you are unable to be with your vehicle at the point of departure, you will need a signed Power of Attorney.
Prior to Shipping.
Before you ship your vehicle you will want to make sure you have a written total quote from the transporter to ship your vehicle to Chad. Your quote needs to contain the original shipping origin and the destination in Chad. Since Chad does not have any ports, you will need to make plans with the shipping transporter to unload your vehicle and have it driven into Chad unless you plan on meeting the freight shipper and driving yourself, or have hired someone else to pick the vehicle up and drive into Chad for you.
There are also regulations on the condition of any vehicle being imported to Chad. Prior to shipping, you will need to make sure that you clean your vehicle out well. Empty the trunk and the interior of the vehicle of any personal items you may have inside. Make sure there is nothing on the exterior that can separate or fall off during shipping. You’ll also need to empty the gasoline and any other flammable substances, and either disconnect or remove the car battery.
Your transporter will be able to advise you on any other area of your vehicle that may need repaired or taken care of before shipping. If you need further information on what is allowed when transporting your vehicle, or for assistance with other Chad customs questions, you can contact The Republic of Chad Embassy in Washington, DC.
The Cost and Types of Shipping.
The final cost you will pay for shipping will depend on the weight of your vehicle, the distance from the port of origin to the port of entry in Chad, and the type of shipping you decide on. Other things to consider will be whether you pick the vehicle up at the port of entry, or if you hire a company to deliver it to Chad from the port. Delivery will be added into your final cost when you make the reservation with the transporter.
The two main types of international vehicle shipping are:
Ro-Ro Shipping is generally the choice made by most when shipping their vehicle to another country. With Ro-Ro Shipping, vehicles are driven directly on the carrier ship at the point of origin and driven off at the destination point. This is the simplest and most inexpensive way of shipping a vehicle to Chad. There are 50 ports near Chad to choose from to have your vehicle shipped to. Your transporter will be able to help you decide which port is most convenient for you. Ro-Ro Shipping is generally anywhere between $1500 and $2500 for shipping.
Container Shipping is exactly what the name says. Your vehicle will be shipped inside of a container on a carrier ship from the United States to the closest port to Chad. While Container Shipping is a bit more expensive than Ro-Ro Shipping due to having to have more stability for safety reasons while shipping your vehicle, it is a great value when you want to ship other items with your vehicle. You have an option of a 20ft or a 40ft container and can easily have your vehicle and other items shipped at the same time. You can also opt to share a container with another shipper who may be shipping a vehicle to the same port. Container Vehicle Shipping can cost you on average around $1000 more than Ro-Ro Shipping depending on the size of the container.
Prior to shipping your vehicle to Chad, you will need to gather all of the paperwork for exporting from the U.S Customs and Border Protection Agency. When you contact them they will give you all of the information pertaining to exact paperwork necessary for exporting your vehicle to Chad.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?