Shipping Car from California to Florida
I’m going to teach you how to ship a car from California to Florida without any headaches.
It’s not that hard if you follow these steps
The thought of shipping a car from the west coast to the east coast may seem stressful for most, but it doesn’t have to be.
But don’t make this mistake
Some people try and brave it on their own. Don’t do this. You may think you want to drive 2,700 miles, but you don’t. There is no need to put additional wear and tear on your car and yourself.
You also have to think about how much gas, food, lodging, and time you will waste making the trip. In most cases you will spend the same amount that it would have cost to ship your vehicle in the first place.
Auto shipping companies usually schedule multiple deliveries at once in order to maximize the return on making a lengthy trip. This is how they manage to offer you competitive prices.
Shipping routes have become increasingly efficient over the years, shipping rates are as competitive as ever, and more and more people are doing it.
So, you probably have a few questions
- How much does it cost?
- How long is it going to take?
- How does my car get shipped?
- What do I need to do?
These are common questions, and great ones!
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Auto Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
Let us unpack them one by one.
How much does it cost?
The price will vary depending on several factors.
How big is your vehicle?
Larger vehicles may require special treatment and that tends to cost more. It’s a lot easier to ship a compact car than it is to ship a large truck that doesn’t fit in a traditional trailer.
How quickly do you need it shipped?
Like anything in life, the quicker you want it, the more it will cost. These same rules apply to shipping.
Are you shipping it to a location along a major highway?
A lot of people don’t think about this one, but it can actually cost you more if you want your car to be dropped off far from a major highway.
Do you require additional insurance?
All auto shipping companies carry insurance by default. The amount of coverage will depend on the minimum requirement and whether they offer extended insurance plans.
If you are shipping a rare or valuable car, it is always recommended that you purchase enough insurance to cover any damage that may be caused to your car during shipping.
What time of year are you shipping?
Have you ever heard the term snowbirds? If you haven’t, it is a term used to describe retirees that migrate south during the winter.
They are fairly harmless, but you should try and avoid shipping your car during snowbird season. Demand is usually high around this time and it can cause auto shipping prices to go up. This is especially true if you are trying to ship a car from California to Florida.
Here’s what I recommend in the end
Price isn’t everything. It is almost always worth it to pay for a quality auto shipping company if you want it to be shipped properly and arrive undamaged.
So many customers have had bad auto shipping experiences because they try and price gouge.
Remember this one rule
You get what you pay for.
How long is it going to take?
Shipping a car from California to Florida takes a long time.
You should expect your car to take a little over a week, or 7-10 days. Pickup usually takes around 3 days, while total delivery time is around 6 days.
How does my car get shipped?
The two most common domestic shipping methods for cars are open auto transport and enclosed auto transport.
Here’s the main difference
- Open auto transport is the most common. You’ve no doubt seen trucks pulling a rack full of cars before. This method tends to be cheaper than an enclosed trailer, but your car is susceptible to the elements and other unforeseen accidents. For your average vehicle, you should choose this method. Still, the chances of something going wrong are slim. When you think about it, almost every car in the United States was shipped after being manufactured. I’m willing to bet that the majority of those cars are perfectly fine.
- Enclosed auto transport is another option that is available to you. As its name suggests, your car is loaded on to an enclosed trailer and shipped across the country. This method tends to be a little more expensive, but it provides you with an extra degree of protection. We usually recommend this method if you are shipping rare or exotic cars.
What do I need to do?
There are a couple of things you are going to need to do before you can ship your car from California to Florida.
I’m going to condense it for you below:
- Make sure your driver’s license is valid and that your vehicle is properly registered and insured
- Wash and inspect your car for any damage before you ship it. Document everything. Make sure your auto shipment company takes note of your concerns
- Clean your car thoroughly. Leave nothing behind. Auto shipment companies typically refuse cars that have stuff in them – it has to do with liability
- Decide if you want to get additional insurance to protect your vehicle
- Make sure that you or someone is able to retrieve your vehicle after delivery is made
- Shop around for multiple quotes
Shipping doesn’t have to be hard
Shipping a car from California to Florida is pretty easy now. Gone are the days where shipping is a confusing and stressful experience.
The auto shipping industry is extremely efficient and competitive these days.
Here’s how we can help you
We want to give you the best price possible and help you get your car to Florida, in good condition, and on time. That’s why we got into this industry in the first place.
A-1 Auto Transport has been in the business for decades and we’ve delivered thousands of vehicles over the years.
If you want to ship a car from California to Florida, we say no problem.