Every day people move from one home to another. The highway is full of unexpected obstacles and hazards that can lead to unwanted mileage as well as irreplaceable damage to a motorcycle. The most efficient way to transport a motorcycle to San Jose, California is by means of a professional. San Jose is the largest city in Northern California and is home to many people.
Heavy traffic is common in the city of San Jose and if a motorist is unfamiliar with the area it would be wise for a mover to utilize a professional to transport their motorcycle.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Method of Transporting Motorcycle.
- Enclosed Transportation- This method is considered the most secure means of transporting a motorcycle.
- Open Air Transportation- This method is another safe way to get your bike to its destination as long as the owner does not mind their motorcycle being slightly exposed to the elements.
- Terminal to Terminal Transportation- This method is cost efficient however, it is not the most convenient means of transportation.
- Crated Transportation- This method requires some preparation before transportation. All fluids must me drained, the battery needs to be disconnected and sometimes the handlebars and mirrors must be removed.
- Door to Door Transportation- This method means your motorcycle is picked up at a specific location and delivered directly to its new home.
The methods of transportation are all viable means of shipment. The best way to ensure the integrity of the motorcycle during a move is by choosing from the options listed above. Some methods offer extra layers of protection against the elements and driving conditions but each is a safer alternative to driving the motorcycle itself to its destination.
Procedures Before Transporting a Motorcycle.
- Clean all dirt and deposits from the motorcycle.
- Remove any dangling accessories.
- Disable the alarm.
- Check fluids, tire pressure and battery.
- Gas should not be filled more than ¼ tank prior to transportation.
- List all damages to the motorcycle before shipment.
To be sure that the motorcycle has the best chance at making it to its destination without any problems, it is important that the owner completes these tasks.
Motorcycle Shipment Companies in San Jose, CA.
San Jose Auto Transport
102 1399 S. Winchester Blvd.
1625 The Alameda
San Jose, CA 95126
1025 Lincoln Ave.
San Jose, CA 95125
Motorcycle Shipping: Tips & Frequently Asked Questions
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?