RV transport has some unique challenges due to the variance in size and shape among different recreational vehicles. In order to better serve our RV shipping customers, we’ve recently purchased several state-of-the-art transport trailers to provide the safest and most secure transport possible. We offer professional transport services for the following recreational vehicles:
- Travel trailers
- Fifth wheels
- Pop up campers
- Class A, B, & C motorhomes
- Recreational vehicles
- Folding camping trailers
- Camper Vans
- Converted buses
- Teardrop trailers
- Toy haulers
- Motor coaches
- Hybrid trailers
Cost & Time To Ship Your RV Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Transit Days|
|New York to Columbus||$1070||535 miles||2-4 days|
|Portland to San Jose||$1330||665 miles||3-5 days|
|New York to Chicago||$1580||790 miles||3-5 days|
|Los Angeles to Denver||$2030||1015 miles||4-6 days|
|Houston to Miami||$2380||1190 miles||4-6 days|
|San Diego to Dallas||$2720||1360 miles||4-6 days|
|Atlanta to Phoenix||$3690||1845 miles||5-7 days|
|Detroit to Las Vegas||$4030||2015 miles||6-8 days|
|Seattle to Memphis||$4570||2285 miles||6-8 days|
|Portland to Miami||$6510||3255 miles||7-9 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of RV you are shipping.
*$2.00 to $2.50 a mile depending on your pick up location, drop off location and the size.
*Call us for specific date requests.
Preparing Your Recreational Vehicle For Transport
As with any other vehicle, some minimal preparation is recommended before having an RV moved by a professional. Following these simple steps will help make sure that there are no hang ups, incidents or delays after we pick up your RV to start the transport process.
- Secure Everything: This includes anything that’s loose or might come loose during transport, both on the inside and outside of the RV. Make sure to double check latches, drawers, windows, doors, vents and awnings. Don’t forget about wall hangings and appliances!
- Remove Personal Items: This goes along with the first point about preparing an RV for shipping. Anything that has a chance of rattling around over the course of a long delivery can cause problems for the transporter, and worse, potential damage to your recreational vehicle.
- Document the RV Condition: Don’t forget to document the condition of your RV before it’s picked up by a transporter. A transport company will also record the condition of your RV and having your own notes ready for comparison is a good idea. We also recommend to our customers that they take photos of their RV before having it moved.
- General Maintenance: Some basic RV maintenance can go a long way in making your experience with an RV shipping company a good one. Things like tire pressure and fluid levels should be checked before pick up of your RV, motorhome or trailer. This step will guard against any mechanical mishaps during transport and ensure that your RV is in great road-ready condition when it arrives.
- Disconnect Gas & Power: Any gas liens or power supplies should be turned off or disconnected prior to transport. This also includes lights, fans, refrigerators and any other appliance inside the RV.
Online Resources For RV Shippers
Family Motor Coach Association - The FMCA is one of the largest motorhome clubs in the U.S. and provides information about the motor home lifestyle, as well as news, information, and discounts for motorhome owners.
Your RV Lifestyle - A website chock full of information that RV owners will find useful: types of RVs, full-time RV living, internet access and more!
Related Information & FAQ
- What is the cheapest way to ship RVs?
- International RV shipping
- International travel in an recreational vehicle
- Cheap RV shipping
- Hire the right RV shipping company for services
- How to properly prepare an RV for transport
- Insurance coverage during an RVs shipping process
- The cost of shipping an RV
- The shipping methods and services available for national and international transport
- How long will my RV's transport take
- What happens if my RV gets damaged while shipping
- What's the difference between international and domestic RV shipping
- Shipping RVs to Europe
- Long distance RV movers
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - email@example.com