RV transport has some unique challenges due to the variance in size and shape among different recreational vehicles. In order to better serve our RV shipping customers, we’ve recently purchased several state-of-the-art transport trailers to provide the safest and most secure transport possible. We offer professional transport services for the following recreational vehicles:
- Travel trailers
- Fifth wheels
- Pop up campers
- Class A, B, & C motorhomes
- Recreational vehicles
- Folding camping trailers
- Camper vans
- Converted buses
- Teardrop trailers
- Toy haulers
- Motor coaches
- Hybrid trailers
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Preparing Your Recreational Vehicle For Transport
As with any other vehicle, some minimal preparation is recommended before having an RV moved by a professional. Following these simple steps will help make sure that there are no hang ups, incidents or delays after we pick up your RV to start the transport process.
- Secure Everything: This includes anything that’s loose or might come loose during transport, both on the inside and outside of the RV. Make sure to double check latches, drawers, windows, doors, vents and awnings. Don’t forget about wall hangings and appliances!
- Remove Personal Items: This goes along with the first point about preparing an RV for shipping. Anything that has a chance of rattling around over the course of a long delivery can cause problems for the transporter, and worse, potential damage to your recreational vehicle.
- Document the RV Condition: Don’t forget to document the condition of your RV before it’s picked up by a transporter. A transport company will also record the condition of your RV and having your own notes ready for comparison is a good idea. We also recommend to our customers that they take photos of their RV before having it moved.
- General Maintenance: Some basic RV maintenance can go a long way in making your experience with an RV shipping company a good one. Things like tire pressure and fluid levels should be checked before pick up of your RV, motorhome or trailer. This step will guard against any mechanical mishaps during transport and ensure that your RV is in great road-ready condition when it arrives.
- Disconnect Gas & Power: Any gas liens or power supplies should be turned off or disconnected prior to transport. This also includes lights, fans, refrigerators and any other appliance inside the RV.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your RV.
Online Resources For RV Shippers
Family Motor Coach Association – The FMCA is one of the largest motorhome clubs in the U.S. and provides information about the motor home lifestyle, as well as news, information and discounts for motorhome owners.
Open Road Forum – An active forum with tons of helpful discussion and resources for RV enthusiasts from around the world.
Your RV Lifestyle – A website chock full of information that RV owners will find useful: types of RVs, full time RV living, internet access and more!
Related Information & FAQ
- What is the cheapest way to ship RVs?
RV Shipping: Frequently Asked Questions
- About RV Camper Shipping and Why It’s Wise to Hire Professionals
- Cheapest Way to Ship RVs
- Compare RV Shipping Companies before Booking Your Transport
- Enjoy Professional RV Shipping from USA to Europe
- Find RV Shipping in the USA That You Can Afford
- Find the Best RV Shipping for an International Delivery
- How Does an RV Shipping Calculator Work and Is It Accurate?
- International RV Shipping Services
- Preparing an RV for Transport
- RV Movers near Me
- RV Shipping Cost per Mile
- RV Shipping Quote
- Shipping a Motorhome
- Shipping an RV by Train
- Shipping an RV from USA to Australia
- Shipping an RV to Chile
- Shipping an RV to Hawaii
- Shipping RV to South America
- What is the Average RV Shipping Cost?
- What Is The Cost Of Shipping A Recreational Vehicle (RV)?
Auto Transport Services
- All Terrain Vehicles / ATVs
- Boats & Yachts
- Car Transportation
- Classic & Antique Cars
- Dealer To Dealer Auto Transport & Car Shipping Services
- Domestic Motorcycles
- Door To Door, Pickup Dropoff
- Enclosed / Covered
- Freight Shipping
- Golf Cart Shipping
- International / RoRo
- International Boat & Yacht Shipping Services
- International Motorcycle
- Luxury Vehicles
- Military & Armed Forces
- Multi Car Shipping & Transport
- RVs & Motor Homes
- Truck Shipping
Auto Transport Information
- A-1 Auto Transport Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?