Insurance Coverage during an RV’s Shipping Process
By law, all transport carriers must have insurance coverage. This coverage is meant to protect every shipping customer of the transporter. Each state sets its own minimum standards which in most cases is liability coverage. As the owner of an RV, it is best to have full insurance protection during the vehicle’s travels, especially if it is being delivered overseas. You can purchase additional coverage through most transport companies if what they provide free of charge isn’t enough to put your mind at ease.
To ensure that the insurance coverage provided through the transporter will protect your RV fully, make sure that you fulfill any preparation requirements. Preparing the RV ensures the safety of the vehicle and those caring for its delivery.
When you complete the preparation tasks, you can rest assured that the insurance coverage will fully protect your RV regardless of what happens. During the process of preparation, take photographs of the RV’s interior and exterior. This will serve as proof of the vehicle’s condition before the shipping process.
Once the RV is delivered, check it over for damages. If you spot any harm done to the RV that wasn’t there prior to its delivery process, let the shipping company know. They’ll perform an assessment and fill out a report. They’ll then ask the shipping customer to sign the report before they turn it in to their insurance agent. A claim is then filed so that the necessary repairs and replacements can be made at the expense of the insurance company and transporter.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory