- The Shipping Methods And Services Available For National And International Rv Transport
- Different Shipping Methods And Options
The Shipping Methods and Services Available for National and International RV Transport
When it comes to the delivery of your RV, there are many different options. Whether you’re shipping your RV nationally or internationally, you can expect to have options as long as you hire a reliable shipping company. If you find it hard to decide on what method to use or options are best for your RV’s delivery, let the transporter’s customer service representatives assist you in your decisions.
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, RV Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
Different Shipping Methods and Options
- Roll-On/Roll-Off- This is a common transport method for RV deliveries made to countries overseas. A flatbed ship is the vessel used to haul an RV. Height and weight restrictions do exist.
- Flat Rack Shipping- This method delivers RV’s and other heavy vehicles on a flat rack that is then secured atop a ship. This open-air method is favorable due to its cheaper shipping rates and ability to ship a broader range of cargo.
- Container Shipping- If your RV can fit into a large shipping container this is a great transport method. It offers your RV more protection against poor weather conditions as it makes its way to another nation. Not all transporters have containers large enough to harbor an RV.
- Lift-On/Lift-Off- This method is best used for shipping non-operable vehicles, engines, farm equipment, and other forms heavy equipment. Your RV is lifted with a crane and placed on top of the ship for its transport.
- Open Air Ground Methods- A car hauler or large flatbed trailer is used to deliver your RV by ground transportation. The RV may need lifted atop the trailer or hauler unless it is operable. This method of delivery leaves the RV exposed to outside elements along its travels.
- Enclosed Ground Transport Methods- This method serves to offer more protection to the RV as it travels. The RV is placed inside a large shipping container that is hauled behind a freight truck. If the RV is large enough to fit into one of the shipping company’s containers, this method provides much more protection from poor weather, road construction and criminal activity.
- Door to Door Delivery- This optional service is very convenient. The transport company will come retrieve the RV from its current location and deliver it to the door of its next home without using the use of terminals.
- High Priority Services- High priority services include expedited and guaranteed delivery options. By putting your RV at the top of the priority list, it is guaranteed to ship faster or reach its destination by a specific date.