With most motorhomes and RVs getting 15 miles to the gallon or less, driving across the country could require 200 gallons of gas! While shipping an RV isn’t cheap due to the large size and weight of the vehicles, it can be a cost-effective method for getting your motorhome from one place to another.
The cost of shipping a motorhome will depend greatly on the size and weight of the vehicle, with larger options like a class A motorhome being pricier than shipping the smaller class B and class C motorhomes. Here are the most popular types of RVs, motorhomes and trailers that we ship on a regular basis:
- Travel trailers
- Teardrop trailers
- Pop up campers
- Fifth wheels
- Type A, B, & C motorhomes
- Toy haulers
- Bus conversions
Another factor that can affect the price you pay for shipping will be the method of shipping, in particular, whether you want it shipped to a specific location or address. This door-to-door service costs more than delivery to a local shipment terminal where it must be retrieved by the customer.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Comparing Prices & Getting Cost Estimates For Motorhome Shipping
- Information You’ll Need For An Estimate – When you contact a prospective shipper to get a price quote for shipping a motorhome, there are a few pieces of information that you’ll need to have ready. The type of motorhome being shipped, as well as its weight, location and dimensions are important starting points for an accurate cost estimate. The destination for your motorhome, as well as your timeframe for delivery and pickup will also be requested.
- Price Isn’t Everything – Part of the reason that it’s helpful to get competing estimates from different shippers is so that you can get a clear idea of what the price range will be. This can be very helpful in eliminating options that are either too pricey or suspiciously low. Just like any other service you pay for, shipping a motorhome requires experience, expertise, and a thorough grasp of the process and requirements of vehicle transport.
- International Motorhome Shipping – For shipments destined for a location outside of the continental U.S. or another country, it’s best to get a direct price quote. The vast majority of shipments to foreign countries, Hawaii and Alaska are done on a bit. This means there is a little more preparation and, for other countries, documents and import taxes that will be required.
Call us today at the number at the top of the page if you’d like a FREE no-obligation cost estimate for shipping a motorhome! Our staff is happy to answer your questions and all estimates are FREE, regardless of shipping distance or destination!
Auto Transport Services
- All Terrain Vehicles / ATVs
- Boats & Yachts
- Car Transportation
- Classic & Antique Cars
- Dealer To Dealer Auto Transport & Car Shipping Services
- Domestic Motorcycles
- Door To Door, Pickup Dropoff
- Enclosed / Covered
- Freight Shipping
- Golf Cart Shipping
- International / RoRo
- International Boat & Yacht Shipping Services
- International Motorcycle
- Interstate Car Towing
- Jet Ski Shipping & Transport Services
- Luxury Vehicles
- Military & Armed Forces
- Motorhome Shipping & Transport Services
- Multi Car Shipping & Transport
- Non Op Car Shipping & Transport Services
- RVs & Motor Homes
- Salvaged Car Shipping & Transport Services
- SUV Shipping & Transport Services
- Truck Shipping
Auto Transport Information
- A-1 Auto Transport Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?