Cheap RV Shipping
It may seem silly to ship an RV but this is actually a very common practice. It’s often necessary for dealerships and manufacturers to use a shipping service to get their RVs from one location to the next. A lot of RV owners also use professional auto transport services to get their RV elsewhere. By using a shipping service, you’re protecting the RV from increased mileage and normal wear and tear from the road. Fortunately, it isn’t that expensive to buy RV transport services.
What Affects the Cost of RV Shipping?
- The RV’s specifications including the model, age, weight and overall condition
- The distance of travel between the pickup and drop off locations
- The type of shipping services you purchase
- The total weight of the RV and anything else being shipped
- The time of year that the RV is to ship
- Current fuel costs at the time of the transport
When you call a shipping company for a quote, be as detailed as possible when giving a company representative information. Be prepared with the RV’s specifics. It should only take a few minutes for them to come up with a quote.
The Cheapest Way to Ship an RV
The absolute cheapest way to ship an RV is through an open air service. With this shipping service, the RV will either travel atop a flatbed trailer or pulled by a freight truck. It all depends on what the auto transport company you hired suggests. They’ll know the best and safest way to ship your RV.
Although the open air shipping method leaves the RV susceptible to poor weather conditions and other potential hazards while on the road, this method is used often by many RV owners, dealers and enthusiasts. A reputable, licensed transport company will protect the RV by covering it under their insurance policy. If any damages occur during the shipping process, the insurance coverage will pay for the cost of repairs and replacements. By law, transport companies must provide insurance protection to all their customers. If the transporter doesn’t have insurance coverage, you shouldn’t trust them to ship your RV.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?