Shipping a motorcycle out of is simple with just a little bit of research. By paying attention to the reviews and ratings that people give, it's easier to find a shipping company that is reliable.
Regardless of your need for shipping services, it is a great idea to have your bike transported through professionals
What Shipping Methods Are Best for Motorcycles?
Before shipping a motorcycle across the country, consider the variety of available shipping services. They are all dependable, but some of them are a bit safer than others. Customer service will assist you in your selections. They can even customize your shipping process if necessary.
Many shipping customers choose enclosed shipping services for their bikes. It offers protection from vandalism, poor weather and other obstacles faced on the road. This added protection along with insurance coverage, assures your motorcycle will arrive safe and sound at its new home.
Methods Of Motorcycle Shipment.
- Crated shipping is the safest form of shipment. The motorcycle's placed on a wooden pallet and strapped down. Then, it's placed within a small crate. Drain all fluids and disconnect the battery before it's packed for transport.
- Open air shipping will mean that the bike's placed on the back of a flatbed and tied down. It is open to the possibility of poor weather and road conditions.
- Enclosed shipping is when the bike's placed within an enclosed a trailer for shipment. This is another safe method of transport.
- Terminal to terminal is when the motorcycle must be dropped off at a terminal and retrieved from another terminal.
- Door to door services will send a hauler to your home to retrieve the motorcycle. It is then dropped off at the address specified by the customer.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.