Shipping Cars To Or From Port Of Richmond
The Port of Richmond is a harbor located in the San Francisco Bay, California. The port consists of seven publicly-owned terminals and 11 privately-owned terminals. It is a popular vehicle shipping destination. In fact, among the ports of San Francisco Bay, it ranks first in automobile tonnage.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time In Transit|
|Port Of Richmond to San Diego||$375||501 miles||2 - 4 days|
|Port Of Richmond to Portland||$464||619 miles||3 - 5 days|
|Albuquerque to Port Of Richmond||$652||1087 miles||4 - 6 days|
|Denver to Port Of Richmond||$741||1236 miles||4 - 6 days|
|Port Of Richmond to Dallas||$1039||1733 miles||5 - 7 days|
|Port Of Richmond to Indianapolis||$1129||2258 miles||6 - 8 days|
|New Orleans to Port Of Richmond||$1137||2274 miles||6 - 8 days|
|New York to Port Of Richmond||$1159||2898 miles||7 - 9 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Car shipping terminal
The Pt. Potrero Marine Terminal facilitates the shipping of cars to or from port of Richmond. It has storage that helps in the distribution of automobiles. It also has a large berth that can accommodate large Ro/Ro ships. New vehicles are processed at the automobile processing facility.
Reasons for shipping cars to or from the port of Richmond
People transport cars to the port of Richmond for two reasons;
- To export a car to an overseas country. In this case, you have to choose between having an auto transport company shipping the car to the port, or driving the car to the port. The latter is only realistic if the current location of the vehicle is near the port, and adding to the car’s mileage is not an issue. It is possible to find an auto transport company that will ship the car to the port and ship it to your overseas destination.
- To import a car into the US. In this case, you have to avail yourself at the port to clear your vehicle through customs. If you will not be available, you can hire a customs broker. After the customs clearance, the shipper who delivered your car to the port can ship it to any inland location you want. But, only US licensed car shipping companies are allowed to transport vehicles within the US. If you hired a foreign company to deliver the vehicle to the port you might have to hire another company to ship the car to an inland location. Driving from the port is also an option, especially if you are looking to cut your shipping costs.
Get a free, no obligation to buy, price quote for your shipment.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
A good ort of Richmond car carrier
A good car carrier from or to the port of Richmond has the following characteristics;
- Experience auto shippers know the industry well. Over the years they have acquired the best shipping equipment and familiarized with regulations at the port of Richmond.
- A good auto carrier is insured. Should anything happen to your car during shipping it is the responsibility of the company. With cargo insurance, your claims will be compensated fast. Ask for proof of insurance and check that the amount is enough to replace your vehicle.
- Offers a wide range of services. A good auto transporter offers a wide range of services including door-to-door services, motorbike shipping, classic car shipping, express shipping from the port, and shipment tracking. The best auto port of Richmond transporter is one who can transport to and from the port.
A-1 Auto Transport offers services of shipping cars to or from Port of Richmond. We have national coverage including Hawaii and Alaska, and ship cars to and from countries and cities all over the world. With over 20 years of experience in the auto transport industry, we provide excellent services and have many happy customers to show for it. Call us today, or visit this page for a free quote.