- Safe And Reliable Nevada Car Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
- Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
- Car Delivery Service Near Me
- Nevada Car Shipping Companies Near Me
- Using Nevada Auto Transport Companies
- Long Distance Auto Transport To/From Nevada
- International Auto Transport From/To Nevada
- Cheap Car Shipping Options In Nevada
- Shipping Luxury And Classic Cars In Nevada
- Nevada Special Discounts For Auto Shipping
- Auto Transport Safety Measures In Nevada
- How To Request A Price Estimate For Auto Transport Nevada
- Ship Car To Another State
- Cost To Ship Car To Another State
- Interstate Towing
- Transport Car To Another State
- Car Movers Near Me
- Nevada Auto Transport Company Directory
- Best Rate Auto Transport, Inc
- Atn Auto Transport
- Long Time Auto Transportation
- Bj Interstate Auto Transporters
- Auto Trans Broker Inc
- Transwest Auto Transport Inc
- Nationwide Transport Services
Safe And Reliable Nevada Car Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
There’s a lot to see in the state of Nevada, not that anyone would ever know it. Overshadowing the various positive attributes of this landlocked state are the glittering lights and glamour of Las Vegas. The City of Sin actually offers fun for all ages; in fact, in recent years, it’s become quite the tourist destination for families. While the casino scene is still at the forefront of any visit to Vegas, there are Broadway caliber shows, shopping galore, Lake Tahoe, and a ton of exciting sights to see, no matter what your age. It is also known as silver state.
However, for those making the trip to Nevada, outside of Vegas lays a desert playground for the recreationist at heart. Endless winding trails through stunningly beautiful natural terrain as well as a slew of eclectic small towns that line the map in Nevada, begging for tourists to come and sample delectable foods, browse in funky gift shops, visit Lake Tahoe, and see what more Nevada has to offer.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time In Transit|
|Phoenix to Las Vegas||$298||298 miles||2 - 4 days|
|Las Vegas to Carson City||$431||431 miles||2 - 4 days|
|San Francisco to Las Vegas||$428||570 miles||2 - 4 days|
|Nevada to Denver||$619||825 miles||3 - 5 days|
|Carson City to Oklahoma City||$927||1545 miles||5 - 7 days|
|Illinois to Nevada||$1042||1736 miles||5 - 7 days|
|Nevada to Louisiana||$1095||1825 miles||5 - 7 days|
|Nashville to Nevada||$1189||1981 miles||5 - 7 days|
|Nevada to Asheville||$1136||2271 miles||6 - 8 days|
|New York to Las Vegas||$1009||2522 miles||7 - 9 days|
|Nevada to Florida||$1048||2621 miles||7 - 9 days|
*Prices and times for Nevada auto transport are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Car Delivery Service Near Me
Nevada Car Shipping Companies Near Me
Looking for auto transport company near you in Nevada? It might not be too hard on you to move your car to California from your Nevada location, but beyond that, you might need back up. Connect with the team that has years of experience in the auto transport industry and works with thousands of people to get their cars from one point to another. We make the auto shipping process as simple as possible and keep you up to speed on your auto transport Nevada services while it’s en route.
Using Nevada Auto Transport Companies
When you are looking to book auto transport Nevada services, keep a few key tips in mind.
- Make a plan to get out of the city: Yes, you may
- come to experience all that Vegas has to offer, but if you have your vehicle, then you don’t have to stay here. Explore other areas of the state and enjoy all that Nevada has to offer outside of Vegas.
- Prepare for driving in Vegas traffic: If Vegas is your initial destination, then as you pick-up your vehicle, remember big city traffic might be different than what you are accustomed to driving in. Prepare yourself mentally for the challenge of navigating traffic in Vegas.
- Shop around for an affordable rate: Anything you do in Vegas is not necessarily going to be your most affordable option. If you plan to use Nevada auto transport services, shop around a bit until you get the best possible rate for car shipping service.
Don’t be pulled in by the glitz and glamour of Vegas; get out and see other parts of the state as well, so that you end up with a well-rounded experience you won’t soon forget.
Visit the Nevada Department of Transportation website for more information on Nevada and the plentiful opportunities in which it can offer those visiting or relocating to the state.
Long Distance Auto Transport to/from Nevada
If you’re moving to or from Nevada, you can hire a moving company to take your personal belongings, but you’ll need an auto transport carrier for your car. Open carriers are the most convenient choice, but make sure you program the transport properly, since they can be a bit slow in car transport for Las Vegas Nevada.
Movers will probably go directly to the delivery location you’ve selected, while an open carrier may have to drop multiple vehicles along the way. If you want both shipments to arrive at a similar time, some planning and synchronizing is necessary in north Las Vegas. If you want your car to head directly to your new home, then opting for an express delivery with an enclosed transport carrier is also an option.
International Auto Transport from/to Nevada
Whether you need car shipping services to Europe or to anywhere else, A1 Auto Transport can take care of it. After discussing the details, a carrier will pick up your car for Nevada auto transport and the necessary paperwork.
You have the option of leaving it at a terminal as well. You may also choose between an open and an enclosed carrier. If your car must be taken across the Atlantic, we can ship it using either the RoRo method or with a container. More details on these car shipping options will be explained by our staff.
Cheap Car Shipping Options in Nevada
Besides using our car shipping discounts, there are several other ways to lower Nevada auto transport services cost:
- If you have sufficient planning time, set your auto shipping for one of the colder periods of the year. Summer is extremely busy for car transport companies, so prices for Nevada auto transport tend to be higher.
- Enclosed car shipping is more expensive to book due to their scarcity and features. So, when given a choice between open and enclosed transport, go for an open truck. It’s very safe and gets the job done.
- Finally, if your car is in driving condition, take it the nearest terminal instead of asking the Nevada auto transport company to pick it up from your home. Although the latter option is more convenient, it’s also pricier for car shipping in Las Vegas or Nevada.
Shipping Luxury and Classic Cars in Nevada
You should consider using an enclosed auto carrier if you own a classic, exotic, antique, or luxury car. Your vehicle will be protected from debris, weather adversities, and even theft. Enclosed trailers are equipped with air ride suspension, with special ramps or hydraulic lift gates for extremely low clearance vehicles, and with soft tie downs to make sure they remain in perfect condition.
Your vehicle is insured with carrier's insurance and truck driver provides white glove treatment. You can also get in touch with the driver during the transport process to or from Nevada. This Nevada auto transport service is slightly more expensive, but if you value speedy and quality service, it’s the superior option for auto shipping in Las Vegas.
Nevada Special Discounts for Auto Shipping
A1 Auto Transport takes special care of its senior citizens, even by lowering our Nevada car shipping costs. Students and military personnel receive discounts as well. However, even normal citizens of Nevada can ship their vehicles at a lower price if they choose the right months to do it in. You can inquire about our seasonal car shipping offers by phone or by mail.
Auto Transport Safety Measures in Nevada
You need not worry about your car making it safely to its destination. Although it will have cargo insurance throughout the duration of the transport, there’s rarely a need for it.
Since your car is stationary and fixed on the trailer, there’re very few things that can happen to it. Other cars cannot hit it, since they are strapped as well. At most, unpredictable weather conditions or pebbles sent flying by the wheels of some passing vehicle may damage the paint slightly.
Such problems occur all the time when driving a car, so most people understand it comes with the territory. However, since you have left it in our hand, we take full responsibility for even the smallest scratch. If you notice a bump or anything else when we deliver your vehicle, you can get reimbursed with our Nevada auto transport insurance policy.
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Auto Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
How to Request a Price Estimate for Auto Transport Nevada
Our phone line is always open for people requesting instant quote. You may get a free quote through our online form. Both the form and our phone number can be found at the top of the page.
If you call us directly, we may be able to reduce your Nevada car shipping costs or pick a faster route depending on the situation. Some clients managed to save up to 15% with enclosed transporters. However, this is only if the situation allows it. If you’d like to receive an instant quote in private, please complete the fields in our form and wait for a response.
Ship Car To Another State
Cost to ship car to another state
If you're shipping your car to or from Nevada, the most important factor affecting the cost is the distance the car needs to travel. The further the distance, the more it will cost to ship the car.
Other factors that can affect shipping costs include the size and weight of the car and any special shipping requirements (e.g., insurance, etc.).
A good online shipping calculator can give you a rough estimate of the cost of shipping your car to or from Nevada. Keep in mind that the final cost may be higher or lower than the estimate, depending on actual shipping conditions.
If you're looking to have a vehicle towed to or from Nevada, there are a few things you should know.
First, make sure you choose a reputable company that has experience with interstate towing to or from Nevada. A lot of companies out there claim to be able to handle interstate towing, but not all of them provide equal service.
It's also important to keep in mind the different rules and regulations that apply in Nevada and other states. Make sure you're familiar with the laws in both the state you're coming from and the state you're going to. A good shipping company should understand these regulations well.
Transport car to another state
There are a few things to keep in mind when transporting a car to another state from Nevada. First, make sure the car is in good condition and roadworthy. You'll also want to get all the necessary paperwork in order, including a bill of sale and registration. Finally, it's important to plan your route carefully and allow plenty of time for rest stops and emergencies.
Alternatively, you can hire the Nv car transport services of a reputable car shipping company, like A-1 Auto Transport. We'll take care of everything, making the whole process easy for you.
Car Movers Near Me
Nevada Auto Transport Company Directory
Best Rate Auto Transport, Inc
Offering some of the most affordable rates in Vegas, Best Rate can work with just about any Nevada auto transport budget. Licensed, bonded and insured auto shippers with great BBB (Better Business Bureau) accredited customer reviews.
2780 South Jones Boulevard, Las Vegas, NV
ATN Auto Transport
ATN provides enclosed shipping, as well as open-air for those who are a bit more cost conscious when getting their car from one point to the next, nationwide. Transports automobiles, vans, trucks, SUVs, motorcycles, boats and other heavy hauling.
3635 South Fort Apache Road, Las Vegas, NV
Long Time Auto Transportation
The name might imply otherwise, but it doesn’t take this Nevada car shipping company a long time to get your vehicle(s) where they need to be.
4797 Monaco Road, Las Vegas, NV
BJ Interstate Auto Transporters
This longtime Vegas mainstay offers long distance Nevada car shipping for both individuals that may have bought a car elsewhere or dealers that need to move a great deal of inventory.
8473 Majestic View Avenue, Las Vegas
Auto Trans Broker Inc
When you need your car with you during a stint in Nevada, then this Nevada car shipping company should be on your list of quotes to consider, as it offers a variety of auto shipping options.
5320 Ganado Dr., Las Vegas
Transwest Auto Transport Inc
If you want to work with a regional company that can get your car to places around the region, then Transwest might be a good fit for your car shipping needs.
16th St.Las Vegas, NV 89101
Nationwide Transport Services
If you want a company with national reach, the Nationwide Transport services might be your best pick for auto shipping. Offering a plethora of Nevada car transport services, this company is also easy on the budget, which is important during a relocation to north Las Vegas.
3722 Las Vegas Blvd S., Suite 1211 E, Las Vegas
VP Auto Transportation
With an outstanding record of customer service and car shipping quality, VP Auto Transport provides a well-rounded and affordable transport experience. It is a top auto shipping company to get your car arrived in time.
535 Glen Overton, NV
Plantation Auto Transport, Inc
Located in the small locale of Sandy Valley, this car shipping company is capable of transporting your vehicle(s) over long distances, depending on where you need it to end up.
601 Eagle Avenue
Sandy Valley, NV
Direct Connect Auto Transport
Offering countless connecting depots to make it easy to transport your car in a decent transit time and pick it up from its new location, Direct Connect is one of the only car shipping company in the Carson City area.
Carson City, NV
Vehicle Relocation Specialists
When you need a specialist to relocate your vehicle with less transit time, if you are in Sparks, this is the place to go for enclosed car shipping.
Vehicle Registration Process in Nevada
There are two options for registering a vehicle model in Nevada, online or in person. Your options vary if the car was purchased through a dealership within or outside the state. An applicant needs to provide an insurance certificate once their car arrived, the car’s title, and a payment for applicable taxes and fees. There is a probability that additional documents will be requested by an applicant according to his vehicle's age and residency.
Registration of the vehicle is processed at the DMV, so you may use it on highways and roads in Nevada. Instructions are listed below on how to process vehicle registration.
You are given 30 days to process registration and secure a driver's license in Nevada. You need to bring the following upon registration:
- Insurance Card issued in Nevada;
- Vehicle evaluation report.
Proceed to the local DMV office in Nevada and submit the following:
- Recent license plates and registration;
- Title of the vehicle;
- NV Emission Vehicle Evaluation Report if applicable;
- Vehicle Inspection Certification;
- Vehicle Registration Application form;
- Payment of applicable fees.
Before you leave the DMV office, you will receive the license plates and a certificate for the new registration.
How to Register Your Vehicle in NV
Residents in Nevada who recently purchased a vehicle need to register it in 30 days, including the purchase date or prior to the expiry date of the placard given by the dealership.
The registration process varies based on whether the vehicle was purchased from a private person, a dealership within the state or a dealership outside Nevada.
Purchasing Vehicles from a Dealership in Nevada
Proceed to the local DMV office in Nevada prior to the expiry date of the tag obtained from the dealership and do the following:
- Show the Insurance Card issued in Nevada;
- Provide a copy of a Sale Report from the dealership;
- Completely fill out the Vehicle Registration Application form;
- Submit your Emission Vehicle Evaluation Report if necessary;
- Pay all the applicable fees.
Electronic Sales Report from a Dealership
Few dealerships in Nevada make use of the Electronic Sale Report. You may register your car online if you purchase the vehicle from this dealership. You will be given a reference number on the EDRS when you purchase the car.
In order to create an account, you need:
- Your birth date,
- A Driver's license issued in Nevada,
- Your social Security Information,
- Your email address.
To register the vehicle online, do the following:
- Visit the Vehicle Registration Online.
- From the website's home page, sign in and create your account.
- Be sure to follow and carefully read the instructions online. (Note: You need the EDRS control number and last 4 numbers of your VIN).
- Pay the applicable fees using a credit card or checking account.
You will receive the stickers and registration in 4 to 7 calendar days after you register online. If required, your license plates are sent out separately. It takes 4-7 days to receive them.
Purchasing Vehicles from a Dealer outside Nevada
You need to register the vehicle in person if you purchase a car outside Nevada. Proceed to the local DMV office in Nevada in 30 days or prior to the expiry date of the permit, and do the following:
- Show the Sale Report from your dealership.
- Present the Insurance Card issued in Nevada.
- If your vehicle is under 10 years, present the car's Odometer Statement.
- Submit the title of the vehicle, your lease agreement, your manufacturer's origin certificate, your security agreement, and the purchase order.
- If necessary, submit the Emission Vehicle Evaluation Report.
- Show the Vehicle Evaluation Certificate.
- Completely fill out the Vehicle Registration Application form.
- Pay the sales tax difference between the two states.
- Pay fees associated with the registration.
Purchasing Vehicles from a Private Person
Pre-owned vehicles need to be registered at the DMV in 30 days, even if it was bought from a private individual or was received a gift. The vehicle's title must be properly endorsed under your name (a sales certificate is not enough).
To register your vehicle:
- Submit the Insurance Card Proof issued in Nevada.
- Show the title of the vehicle or the security agreement with the lien holder.
- Submit an Emission Vehicle Evaluation Report if necessary.
- Show your Vehicle Inspection Proof, if your vehicle wasn't registered in NV last time.
- For used vehicles which don’t exceed ten years old, present your odometer statement.
- Completely fill out a Vehicle Registration Application form.
- Pay the sales tax according to the DMV.
- Pay any associated fees for registration.
Transferred or Discontinued Registrations
If the vehicle registration is cancelled or transferred, the DMV in Nevada will credit a pro-rated amount of any unused portion based on how much you paid during the last registration. The credit may be applied on either a renewal of another vehicle listed under your name or a new vehicle for a first time registration.
There is a 6 US dollar processing fee to transfer the credits. The transferred credit is valid until the expiry date of your last registration. You also have an option to allocate it to the renewal/new vehicle registration.
Military Vehicle Registration in Nevada
Residents of Nevada who are in the military and assigned outside the state may secure an original copy of registration by sending an email to the DMV in Nevada.
The email must include the following details:
- The location of the purchased vehicle (city/state).
- The VIN.
- A method of payment for the vehicle purchase (cash, auto loan, non-dealer, or dealer).
- Vehicle's invoice.
- Taxes associated with the purchase.
You will receive an email from the DMV in Nevada containing an estimate of the fees and instructions to process the registration, as well as how to obtain your NV license plates.
Servicemen who are non-residents of Nevada and assigned in the state, do not need to register the vehicle at the DMV. However, the current registration details must be listed under their home state.
Vehicles Imported from Foreign Countries
If a vehicle is purchased from a different country by a serviceman, a 190-1A AE form needs to be filled out as long as the car complies with the US emission and safety standards. These types of vehicles don’t need clearance from the DOT/EPA or shipping papers.
The registration instructions listed above must still be followed. Those vehicles which do not meet US standards need to secure clearance from the US Environmental Protection Office and the DOT.
Vehicle Registration Charges in Nevada
All residents of Nevada pay car registration charges and government taxes. There are supplemental public taxes depending on the county you reside in.
These are the basic vehicle registration charges:
- Passenger car: 33 US dollars,
- Title: 29 US dollars,
- Low-speed cars: 33 US dollars,
- Golf vehicle: 10 US dollars,
- Motorcycle: 33 US dollars,
- Safety fee for motorcycles: 6 US dollars,
- Travel Trailer Vehicles: 27 US dollars,
- Trailer exceeding 1,000 pounds: 24 US dollars,
- Semi-trailers not exceeding 1,000 in weight: 12 US dollars,
- Credit transfer processing fee for the registration: 6 US dollars,
Truck charges depend on its weight:
- Not exceeding 6,000 pounds: 33 US dollars,
- 6,000 to 8,500 pounds: 38 US dollars,
- 8,500 to 10,000 pounds: 48 US dollars,
- 10,001 to 26,000 lbs.: 12 US dollars for adding 1,000 lbs. each,
- 26,001 to 80,000: 17 US dollars for adding 1,000 pounds each,
- The maximum charge is 1,300 US dollars.
The calculation of taxes on vehicles is based on the suggested retail fees of the manufacturing company, the year of the vehicle, and depreciation value.
If you purchase a vehicle outside the state and it is your first time registering it in Nevada, you are required to take care of the difference of the sales taxes between the two states.
There are a few counties that charge an additional public tax in addition to the regular fees. You need to contact the local DMV office in Nevada to verify this charge.
Some vehicle owners may be exempted from taxes. These include:
- Disabled spouses/or veterans.
- Veterans indicating their date of service.
- Blind residents.
The tax exemption needs to be applied the first time they register the vehicle. There is no tax refund after vehicle registration.
Contact the local DMV in Nevada to check if you are qualified for this exemption.
Vehicle Inspections in Nevada
Vehicles manufactured in 1968 or recent models need to pass an emissions evaluation before they can be registered in Reno and Las Vegas. Brand new cars are not required to get an emissions test particularly for their initial and second time registrations. Hybrid model vehicles are exempted from inspection for the initial five years.
Newly moved residents need to get a vehicle inspection, even when a recent inspection was completed in the previous state they reside. You will receive an Emissions Vehicle Evaluation Report from the inspection station which is valid for ninety days. The inspection results are forwarded electronically to the local DMV.
New Nevada residents need to complete the vehicle safety evaluation aside from registration. This process is done at your local DMV office.
License plates in Nevada
If it is your first time registering the vehicle in Nevada, as resident of the state, you will receive license plates immediately.
Issued license plates in Nevada do not have anything to do with the type of vehicle. If you intend to switch vehicles, you may use the same license plates on the new vehicle.
You can transfer the plates to your new vehicle or send them to the Department of Motor Vehicles if you intend to let go of your vehicle. You will be given 60 days to complete the process for regular plates and up to 30 calendar days for specialty ones.
Services And Information
Other Nevada Resources
Nevada.gov - official government website for the state of Nevada.
Nevada Wikipedia Page - everything you need to know about the state of Nevada.
University Of Reno Nevada - Founded in 1831 as Nevada's first public college, The University of Nevada is dedicated to excellence in teaching, research, and service.
Frequently Asked Questions
In general, all motor shipping carriers that operate a truck in interstate or international commerce must comply with the Unified Carrier Registration Agreement (UCR).
Nevada doesn’t participate in this and does not offer UCR registration. However, Nevada-based carriers must comply with UCR and must register with a participating state.
So, any auto transport company you’re considering must be registered with UCR. In addition, intrastate (moving within the state of Nevada) commercial vehicles are also required to have a USDOT number if rated over 26,000 pounds.
To find out more about the shipping companies that may transport your car, go to the Consumer Advisory About Automobile Transporters
Any business that offers pick-up and delivery services to the general public falls under state and federal Motor Carrier regulations. Therefore, higher liability insurance coverage is required to ship a car via enclosed car shipping or open carriers. To ask more about the specific insurance, you can go to the Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles Motor Carrier Division.
- Empty your car of any personal items and household goods
- Keep your fuel gauge low – ¼ tank is good to ship a car
- Wash your car
- Take pictures of your car before you ship it– to show what your car looked like, including any dings, dents, or scratches, at pick-up and as proof of original condition at delivery
- If the carrier is coming to your residence, make sure the loading area is clear for the driver
- Remove tags and registration – keeping the tags and title with you during transport
- Find and fix tire leaks
- If there are any fluid leaks, let the driver know
- Remove or adjust, as needed, any special modifications to the car. This makes loading and unloading easier
*NOTE – it is the owner’s sole responsibility to prepare the car for transport.
Yes, you can. Many auto transport companies in Nevada allow this, but at the same time make sure the one you select has experience to ship inoperable vehicles.
An experienced transport company will know that your vehicle needs to roll, steer, and brake while you ship it. It’s essential that you understand and can communicate the condition of your car when speaking with a company or broker. If you don’t, you could rack up some extra fees to ship your car. These would come from sending a carrier without the proper equipment to ship and any delay from you. If you are unsure of the vehicle’s condition, make sure you learn and understand it clearly before calling a transport company to ship your car.
There are two common types of shipping methods for transporting to and from Nevada.
- Open-air carriers. For longer trips, there are 8-10 car open-air carriers and smaller carriers that carry 2-3 cars for shorter trips. They are less expensive because you are exposing your vehicle to elements such as road grime, rocks, and weather.
- Enclosed carriers are best for shipping luxury, classic, and exotic vehicles. They guarantee maximum protection from exposure to open-air elements and the road. Any day, customers love is what every shipping company wants.