Deliver Your Car Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Massachusetts
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call: 1-800-452-2880
Safe And Reliable Massachusetts Car Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
Massachusetts is perhaps well known for being a super small state with a very big city: Boston. Home of the Red Sox, and the most die-hard baseball fans you will find anywhere, this glittering city offers as much to do as its large NYC counterpart, just to its southwest. From the culture of the theater to the bustling business district, many people relocate here both for professional and educational opportunities. However, along with relocation comes the need for a vehicle and this is where Massachusetts auto transport comes into play.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time|
|Boston to Philadelphia||$311||311 miles||2 – 4 days|
|Columbus to Boston||$583||777 miles||3 – 5 days|
|Boston to Asheville||$683||911 miles||3 – 5 days|
|Chicago to Massachusetts||$728||970 miles||3 – 5 days|
|Atlanta to Boston||$646||1077 miles||4 – 6 days|
|Massachusetts to Texas||$1184||1973 miles||5 – 7 days|
|Colorado to Massachusetts||$1012||2023 miles||6 – 8 days|
|Massachusetts to Las Vegas||$1081||2703 miles||7 – 9 days|
|Oregon to Massachusetts||$1169||2923 miles||7 – 9 days|
|Boston to California||$1242||3106 miles||7 – 9 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Car Shipping Companies Near Me
Looking for auto transport companies near you in Massachusetts? A trip from Boston to Atlanta will take about 18-hours, or 1,100 miles. That might not be so bad if it’s for a fun road trip, but if it’s for a move, that’s a whole other story. If you’re moving, or you just need your car in the area for an extended time but aren’t too excited to drive it there, reach out to us. We can plan your entire trip and walk you through our industry-leading transport process. We have teams all over your state waiting to move your vehicle. Head to A1 Auto Transport to compare brokerages and carriers with trucks in your area right now.
Using Massachusetts Car Transport Companies
When you are looking to book Massachusetts car transport services, keep a few key tips in mind.
- Determine the type of transport you need
- Get quotes from various companies
- Determine how you want to get your car back
There are plenty of points around the state where Massachusetts auto shippers have depots, so despite the small geographic area of the state, you have more options that might normally have. Take advantage of that and try to choose a depot or company office closest to the area in which you plan to visit or relocate.
Visit the Massachusetts Department of Transportation website for more information on Massachusetts and the plentiful opportunities in which it can offer those visiting or relocating to the state.
Long Distance Auto Transport to/from Massachusetts
If you’re moving to another state from Massachusetts, you may not want to also drive your car there. It is a very time consuming process and quite inefficient, especially when there are carriers that can move it for you.
A1 Auto Transport’s fleet of carriers can take your car anywhere in the US, and we provide international shipping services as well. Especially when moving abroad, there’ll be a lot of paperwork and preparation needed to deal with customs and get past borders. Our company is used to such a hassle, and we can either take care of it for you or guide you through the process when your presence is necessary.
International Auto Transport from/to Massachusetts
A1 Auto Transport simplifies international car shipping by taking the entire process off your shoulders. We take care of moving your car on land and book the ship that will take it overseas (if necessary). We will communicate with customs and get your car’s entry approved.
On your end, all you have to do is prepare some basic documents and sign a simple contract. You have full control over how the transport will be carried out and can request more information if necessary.
Call now to discuss your options.
Cheap Car Transportation Options in Massachusetts
Among the ways you can reduce your auto transportation costs, a few stand out:
- Although driving your car may seem cheaper, especially over long distances, it’s often not. Because hotel bills, fuel costs, and meals add up, not to mention potential damage and added mileage to the car, it’s often cheaper to use an auto transport service.
- Larger companies like A1 Auto Transport have many available carriers and a defined system that reduce costs and allow for the price to be set at a reasonable level. Although you should be careful of scammers, comparing prices is a standard and very efficient way to get a better deal.
- Our company offers both enclosed and open carriers. Enclosed carriers are ideal for expedited deliveries, though open carriers are more affordable and therefore preferred by the vast majority.
- Large companies also have a solid terminal system which can lower your costs considerably.
Finally, when calling regarding your transport, make sure to ask about our discounts and seasonal offerings.
Shipping Luxury and Classic Cars in Massachusetts
Choosing an enclosed auto carrier is a great way to move exotic and antique cars to Massachusetts. While open auto transportation is easier to book due to its high demand, enclosed vehicle carriers offer additional services in shipping and maintaining classic and luxury cars while in transit. These include hydraulic lift gates to load and unload low-clearance vehicles, a tracking system that monitors and gives phone and email updates about the car’s transport status, as well as an option to ship either by a covered single or multi-car carrier.
Since the vehicles are shipped in a covered truck or trailer, the likelihood of damage due to bad road conditions and weather elements is low, thereby reducing the risk for expensive repairs. If you own luxury, antique, or classic cars that require shipping to Massachusetts, the high insurance policy limits of enclosed auto carriers may prove beneficial. Our carriers and drivers are experienced in moving such vehicles and provide high quality transport services.
Massachusetts Special Discounts
Special discounts are offered to students who plan on moving a car with A1 Auto Transport. We also give special consideration to senior citizens and military members who wish to use our services. Finally, all our customers can take advantage of our seasonal discounts, so everyone can afford to transport their vehicles.
Auto Transport Safety Measures in Massachusetts
While enclosed carriers offer ideal protection against all outside elements, open ones can be just as good and much more affordable. The surrounding cars and beams limit the area exposed to the elements, and our drivers avoid bad roads, so accidents don’t happen.
Most importantly, regardless of which type of carrier you choose, because you’re not driving the car to its destination, no extra mileage, wear, or tear is added. You can think of it as leaving your automobile in a surveyed mobile parking lot for a few days. It’s just as safe.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
How to Request a Price Estimate
If you’re going to call our office, make sure you have a few minutes free to properly discuss things. This way, our staff can give you more details and personalize the transport according to your wishes.
If you’d like to use our online form, you can find it in the upper corner of the screen. Please read all the instructions and fill all the fields. For the form to give you an accurate response, you need to put in real information.
Massachusetts Auto Transport Companies Directory
American Auto Transporters, Inc.
1033 Turnpike Street, Canton, MA
Chip’s Transport Services
295 Union Street, East Walpole, MA
Car Shipping Inc
65 Sprague Street, Boston, MA
Fisher Shipping Company
76 Webster St, Worcester, MA
2 South Bridge Drive #1b, Agawam, MA
1st Call Auto Transport
34 Adams Place, South Weymouth, MA
Auto Driveaway – Boston
480 Neponset Street, Canton, MA
Military Auto Transport
5 Bickford Road #1, Malden, MA
Trinity Auto Transport
32 Streeter Hill Road, N. Falmouth, MA
Forge Motors Auto Transport
96 North Bedford Street, East Bridgewater, MA
Forge Motors Auto Transport
655 West Lowell Avenue #1, Haverhill, MA
Sharp Automobile Transport LLC
70 James St # 231, Worcester, MA
Nationwide Transport Services
75 Arlington Street #500, Boston, MA
Daizy Dukes Transport
21 Ardmore Road, Holland, MA
Fox Auto Transport
17 Hawley Street #102, Northampton, MA
Ranix Auto Transport
141 Memorial Parkway, Randolph, MA
JT Autotransport Inc.
200 Burkhall Street #804, Weymouth, MA
Vehicle Registration in Massachusetts
All vehicles circulating legally on the roads of Massachusetts are registered with the Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles.
To register a car in Massachusetts, you have to submit your vehicle title, auto insurance policy, pay the fees for registration, and provide an odometer disclosure at the RMV office nearest to you. The required paperwork might differ according to the provenience of the vehicle, whether it was acquired from a dealer, or if it was gifted. The fees for registration will differ as well according to your desired time of registration and your car’s type.
Registration for New Massachusetts Residents
As a new resident, you are obliged to convert the car registration from your previous state of residency to a Massachusetts registration at the RMV office within the first 30 days of your move. You will have to get your car titled as well, and you can perform the titling simultaneously with the registration.
You’re exempt from the Massachusetts sales tax if your car used to be registered in another state for more than 6 months. The same exemption applies if you bought your car in MA, registered it in another state and you are now looking to change its registration to Massachusetts.
If your car is older than 1980 or if you purchased it before the 26th of November 1990, you are exempt from paying a titling fee.
To change your vehicle registration to a Massachusetts registration, you will have to go through a few steps:
- Visit a licensed Massachusetts insurance agent:
- Buy an auto insurance policy;
- Ask the agent to prepare a title and registration application:
- Verify that the agent stamps and signs the application;
- Verify that the application has the number of the vehicle title and the full name of the lienholder, if there’s a lien on the car;
- Sign the completed application;
- Submit the following paperwork to the local Registry of Motor Vehicles office:
- The application for the title and registration signed and dated;
- The form exempting you from the tax for vehicles purchased out of the Massachusetts state;
- The title from your previous state of residency;
- Proof of payment for the required fees and taxes.
Depending on the license plate type chosen, the period of validity for your registration will vary between biennial or annual.
Please note you are obliged to get your vehicle inspected in 7 days from the registration. You will get the new title by mail in a maximum of ten business days.
How to Get Your Vehicle Registered in Massachusetts
The registration process in Massachusetts differs if you bought your car from a private individual or if you purchased it from a dealership.
Registration for cars bought from a dealership
For a car bought from dealership, be it used or new, you must follow these steps to register it with the Massachusetts’ Registry of Motor Vehicles:
- Get a completed form of title and registration from the dealer that should contain the lienholder’s information if the car will be the object of a lien;
- With the above form, visit the office of an insurance agent and buy a car insurance policy stamped and signed by the approved Massachusetts agent;
- Submit the paperwork mentioned below at the RMV office:
- The form for title and registration;
- Proof of ownership;
- Origin certificate issued by the manufacturer (applicable for new vehicles);
- A form of re-assignment or the title certificate of the previous owner (applicable for used cars);
- Previous certificate of registration and sale bill for cars that are exempt of titling due to their age;
- Payment for the sales tax of the car, registration taxes, and titling fee.
In the same day, you will be handed your license plates and the certificate of registration for your vehicle. However, the car’s title will arrive by mail within 10 working days.
In a maximum of 7 days from the registration, you will have to submit your vehicle to an inspection.
Registration of Cars Bought or Received as Gifts
The registration process is slightly different depending on the manner in which you came in possession of the vehicle: whether it was gifted to you or if you bought it.
The steps you should follow to register a car bought in a private transaction are:
- Purchase a car insurance policy from an agent that is licensed in Massachusetts;
- Get the agent to complete, stamp, and sign an official form for titling and registration;
- Be wary to include the information of the lienholder if your vehicle is the object of a lien.
After obtaining an insurance policy on your name and a completed form as requested by the law, you should submit the following paperwork to the Registry of Motor Vehicles:
- An application for the title and registration with the signature and stamp of the insurance agent;
- The title certificate of the first owner, signed by the buyer and the seller;
- The previous certificate of registration or the sale bill for cars exempt of titling due to their age;
- A mileage statement;
- Payment for the sales tax, titling fee, and registration fee.
You will receive the license plates and vehicle registration on the spot and the title will arrive by mail in 10 working days. In the next 7 days following the registration, your new car will have to undergo an inspection, as per Massachusetts state law.
For vehicles received as gifts from one of the following family members, you may not have to a sales tax:
- Mother or father,
- Wife or husband,
- Brother or sister,
- Daughter or son.
The registration of a vehicle received as a gift consists on the following steps:
- Purchase an auto insurance policy;
- The acquisition of a title and registration application. It must be completed, stamped, and signed by the insurance agent;
- The submission of these documents at the RMV office:
- The application of the title and registration;
- A form in support of exemption from use or sales tax for cars purchased out of Massachusetts;
- The title certificate of the first owner or the sale bill.
- Payment for the titling fee, registration fee, and the gift fee.
You will receive the license plates and the registration certificate at the RMV office. But you will have to wait up to 10 working days to receive the title certificate by mail. It becomes your responsibility to submit your vehicle to an inspection in the 7 days following the registration.
How to Transfer an Existing Massachusetts Car Registration
There are some conditions that have to be met to transfer your car registration to a new vehicle:
- The registration of the old vehicle has to be active;
- Both vehicles must have the same owner on their registration;
- The standards met by the two cars should be similar (I.e. the registration fee should be of the same value).
You can transfer the registration of your old car onto a new vehicle in a period of maximum 7 days since you sold or got rid of the old one if you meet these conditions:
- You’re older than 18 years.
- The two vehicles are similar (registration cost, wheels’ number, etc.).
- You must carry on you the documents of transfer that contain the first registration information.
- You sold your old vehicle or disposed of it in some way;
- You placed the license plates onto your new car.
The registration transfer will be complete once you went through all the steps mentioned above, depending on the way you acquired the vehicle, and after you paid the legal transfer fee.
Fees for Registration in Massachusetts
The amount of fees required for vehicle registrations in the state of Massachusetts differ depending on criteria like:
- Type of car that will be registered;
- The period of time chosen for the renewal of the registration (biennial or annual);
- The type of license plates: specialty or standard plates.
Sales Tax Exemptions and Requirements
6% of the acquisition rate of the car is to be paid in sales taxes. You won’t have to pay sales taxes if:
- The car is being transferred from or gifted by a family member;
- The vehicle was registered for at least 6 months in the state where it was purchased (other than Massachusetts);
- You purchased in the past a car in Massachusetts and you had it registered in another state.
If the vehicle you are registering was purchased in the state of Massachusetts, but it was registered somewhere else, you should submit the following documents if you wish to be exempted from paying a sales tax:
- The invoice or bill of sale;
- The delivery letter containing:
- Phone, address, and name of the person selling the car;
- Name of the person that delivered the vehicle;
- Address of deliverance;
- Name of the person that received the vehicle;
- Method of delivery;
- Signature of the one who sold the car (the authorized representative, for dealerships).
Car Registration in Massachusetts for Non-Residents and Military Members
Military members stationed in Massachusetts should follow the registration steps mentioned for civilians. Military members stationed outside of the state of Massachusetts that desire to get a registration for a car they bought in MA should complete the registration using mail.
Military personnel stationed in the state of Massachusetts that aren’t residents should keep the registrations from their own states. However, if they wish to register their cars in Massachusetts, they should follow the registration steps listed for civilians.
If you are a Massachusetts student and you maintained your residency in your home state while commuting to or living in Massachusetts for work, school, etc. you are not obliged to register your car with the Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles.
However, you must submit a statement as a driver from another state to the local police. Failure to doing so might cost you $200 in fines.
How to Obtain a Vehicle Registration Duplicate or Plates Duplicate
If you find yourself in the situation where your license plates or registration are either damaged or lost, you may request a duplicate in person, by mail, by phone, or online.
Replacements requested online
- Go to the portal for duplicate registration on the DMV website;
- Submit the requested information:
- The type of plate,
- The plate number or registration,
- Your driver’s license number,
- An e-mail address;
- Payment of the duplicate plates fee and of the duplicate registration fee.
The new certificate of registration will be delivered to the address completed on the file, or to the leasing company for leased vehicles.
Replacement requested by mail
To request the replacement of your registration by mail:
- Send a request to the RMV by detailing the information of your vehicle: model, make, year, plate number, VIN.
- Submit a proof of payment for the fee for duplicate license plates or registration.
Replacement requested in person
To get your registration or license plates replaced in person, you should visit the RMV office, complete a Universal Form, and pay the required fees.
After the registration of the vehicle, you get a grace period of seven days to undergo a VIN inspection that includes a safety test and an emissions check.
Services And Information
Other Massachusetts Resources
Mass.gov – official government website for the state of Massachusetts.
Massachusetts Wikipedia Page – everything you need to know about the state of Massachusetts.
MIT.edu – The mission of MIT is to advance knowledge and educate students in science, technology and other areas of scholarship that will best serve the nation and the world in the 21st century — whether the focus is cancer, energy, economics or literature.
Massachusetts On Craigslist – local classifieds and forums for jobs, housing, for sale, personals, services, local community, and events.
Reviews from Customers in Massachusetts
A couple months ago, while on a vacation to Massachusetts, I finally found a car I was looking for. It took me over a year to find it, but after speaking to the seller and 20 minutes of negotiating, it was finally mine.
Now, I just had to get it back home to New York. Easier said than done. Fortunately, after searching the web for an hour, I found A1 Auto Transport, a reputable company who seemed to be what I was looking for.
Dealing with them was surprisingly easy. I spoke to Joe and got an estimate quite fast. I had a million questions, ranging from the reasonable, like “How much does it cost” to a few that pushed the limit, like “is the driver an alcoholic.” Joe was patient enough to ease my worries.
One of his trucks was schedule to drop by Massachusetts in a couple of days, and it was there at the agreed upon time. I barraged the driver with a dozen more questions, to which he replied calmly, though a bit surprised. He took a spin around my brand new car, checked for any scratches and was surprised to not find any. I gave him a wink and told him to take special care of it.
This he did. When I met him to pick the car up, it was exactly as I saw it when it boarded the truck. You have my gratitude!- Joseph D.
The arrangements and schedules in A1 Auto Transport were synchronized. My Subaru Impreza was shipped out on time and came sooner than expected. I was able to track the status of the shipment while it was on its way to Massachusetts.
Overall, I can say the price is worth it. The staff is experienced and knows how to treat its customers. And there were no problems with the transport at all. They kept my car safe.- Sam D.
Auto Transport Services in Massachusetts
- Barnstable County
- Berkshire County
- Bristol County
- Dukes County
- Essex County
- Fall River
- Franklin County
- Hampden County
- Hampshire County
- Middlesex County
- Nantucket County
- New Bedford
- Norfolk County
- Plymouth County
- Port of Boston
- Port Of Fall River
- Port Of Marblehead
- Port Of Salem Harbor
- South Boston
- Suffolk County
- Weymouth Town
- Worcester County