Those in need of motorcycle shipping services will have several options available to them. The City of Lancaster provides its residents with such specific services due to the amount of dealerships, manufacturers, buyers, sellers, and other individuals that find them useful.
The most reliable way to get a motorcycle delivered to its destination is to utilize a professional familiar with how the process works. There are a few different methods one could choose from to transport their bike easily and for a low cost. Not everyone has had to transport a motorcycle before so the process is made simple for those equipped with the right tools and experience.
Methods Available for Shipping a Motorcycle.
- Enclosed Shipping - This method of transport is considered to be the safest. This option ensures that the motorcycle is protected from the elements and driving conditions.
- Open Air Shipping - As long as the owner does not mind their motorcycle being slightly exposed to the elements and driving conditions, it is a perfectly secure way to deliver a bike.
- Door to Door - This convenient method of shipping is where the motorcycle is picked up at a specific location and delivered directly to its next destination.
- Terminal to Terminal - This method is very cost effective but not the most convenient. If the customer does not live near the depot where the bike has been delivered to then some traveling may be required.
- Crated Shipping - This method of transport may require some extra preparation. In some cases the customer may be required to remove handlebars and mirrors, disconnect the battery and drain the fluids.
Requirements to Complete Before Shipping a Bike.
- Clean the bike from dirt and deposits.
- Remove any lose objects and accessories.
- Disable the alarm system if the bike has one installed.
- Check fluids, tire pressure and battery.
- Gas reading should be no higher than ¼ tank.
- Document and list any damages to the motorcycle.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.