Finding a credible transport company to ship your vehicle across the nation isn’t difficult when you live in Lake Havasu City. There are many great transporters nearby.
These transport companies specialize in all sorts of auto transports and can safely deliver a wide variety of vehicle types, including motorcycles.
The best way to discover the right transporter for your shipping process is by conducting research on the Internet. Find the transporters in your area that specialize or offer motorcycle shipping services. Check out their websites, gather contact information, and read the reviews left by past clients. Call the companies that appeal to you to ask questions and gather quotes.
Get the Motorcycle Ready for Its Transport.
When the motorcycle is properly prepared for its shipping process, the vehicle and those caring for it will be kept even safer. Every transport company will inform you of their preparation process. They are usually standard tasks and can be completed rather quickly.
- Remove anything that wasn’t a part of the motorcycle when it was manufactured. Motorcycle accessories such as saddlebags should be taken off of the bike. This only adds more weight to the bike and such items may end up lost during the transport.
- Wash the motorcycle completely. Make sure there is no dirt or debris. The bike should be in its best condition.
- Check the fluids. Fill all fluids but the gas. The fuel should read a quarter of a tank full or less.
- Fill the tires with air if they are low.
- Disable the battery and alarm system, if requested. Whether or not the battery will need to be disconnected will depend on the method of shipping you chose for the bike.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.