Classic Car Shipping: Cost
Classic cars are in a category of their own when it comes to shipping. While many of the processes are the same as shipping any other type of car, there are certain things specific to transporting a classic. For one, owners of classic cars take the condition of their vehicle very seriously and it’s important that the shipper understand this.
While it may be fine to haul a Honda Accord accord on the back of an open-air multi-car carrier, it wouldn’t be as suitable for a 69’ Chevy Camaro. Since this is the case, it’s important to work with a shipper that has plenty of experience and expertise when it comes to moving classics.
Most customers that ship a classic car opt for services that may not be required (or necessary) for a daily driver. Using an enclosed carrier that completely protects the vehicle is one of these options and it goes a long way toward keeping a car free from dust and dings over the course of transport. It is highly recommended that you use an enclosed carrier when shipping any vehicle that has a higher value than normal, be it sentimental or otherwise.
If you’d like an estimate on the cost of shipping a classic car or muscle car, send us an email or call us with the type of car, location and destination. With just some basic information, we can quickly put together an accurately priced transport package to any location in the U.S. or abroad. For more information about shipping costs and what they cover, see the section below.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Door-to-door Shipping Prices For Classic Cars
Door-to-door – The most used method of delivery for a classic car is door-to-door transport (as opposed to delivery to a terminal where the customer picks up the vehicle). One advantage of using the smaller enclosed carriers for shipping is that they are much easier to get in and out of tighter spaces that a full size transport truck may not be able to. In addition to the convenience, door-to-door shipping offers point to point protection every step of the way.
Here are some prices for recent door-to-door shipments we’ve made for classic cars:
- San Francisco, CA to Chicago, IL – $1,223
- Miami, FL to Denver, CO – $1,297
- Baltimore, MD to Dallas, TX – $864
- Seattle, WA to Nashville, TN – $1,129
- Atlanta, GA to Los Angeles, CA – $1,310
- Detroit, MI to Tucson, AZ – $1,067
- Denver, CO to Philadelphia, PA – $945
Looking for an affordable way to get your classic from point A to point B? Call us today at the number at the top of the page! We offer a wide variety of services and shipping options that are suitable for any type of car, new or old, running or not! Cost estimates are always FREE!
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?