When people look into motorcycle shipping services, they often try to find a company with low cost rates and timely delivering services. Not only are these important qualities for a transport company to possess, but there are other things that should be expected of skilled transporters as well.
- They should have a DOT approval, state licensing, and proper certification.
- All transport companies should possess insurance coverage to assure the security of the vehicles in their care.
- They will have competitive rates and services geared towards the safe delivery of motorcycles.
- The drivers and transport professionals hired by the company will all be experienced and trained to properly carry out a motorcycle’s shipping process.
- Their website will list all of their current contact information as well as their assortment of services. Explore the company’s “About” page to see if they inform their potential shipping customers of their history in the industry.
- Their customer service will be friendly and able to help you with any inquiries that you might have.
Fortunately, it is easy to find a Harrisburg transport company that possesses all of the right qualities. Make sure that they also have the shipping services you prefer most for your motorcycle’s transport.
What Is the Most Preferred Shipping Method?
Although there are three shipping methods often considered by most motorcycle owners, there is one that’s little more popular than the others. This method of shipping provides a great deal of protection for the bike, yet doesn’t require any extra prep work or a higher shipping cost. Enclosed transport provides shelter from the outdoor elements by securing the motorcycle within a large shipping container. Along with the company’s free insurance coverage, the motorcycle is provided with the ultimate protection.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.