Harley Davidson Shipping Services
Those who own a fine motorcycle such as a Harley Davidson, know that their bike must be handled with care during shipment. Whether you need your motorcycle to ship locally, nationwide or even overseas, we offer reliable Harley shipping services that are safe as well as affordable.
Find out how to get a Great Price on Harley Shipping Services by contacting our professional motorcycle shipping team at 800-452-2880 and we will have your Harley on its way as fast as possible with a reasonable rate and secure services.
Door to Door
The best way to ensure your Harley Davidson has a safe journey is to schedule convenient door to door shipping. Most motorcycle carriers will arrange to pick your bike up right at your door or as close to it as possible when you schedule service.
If there is an issue with the carrier being unable to coordinate a pickup on your road, the driver will work with you to schedule pickup at a location as near your home or office as possible. This will most often be in a nearby parking lot where the truck can easily turn around once the bike has been loaded.
When the Harley is delivered, the driver will again try to deliver to your door or as close as possible if the roadway and circumstances allow delivery at your address. If not, they will again arrange to meet in a nearby parking lot where the motorcycle can be unloaded safely.
Insurance for Your Harley Shipping Services
When you ship a motorcycle, the shipper will offer insurance to cover it during transport. Typically, your personal motorcycle insurance will not cover the bike during shipment. Depending on the overall value of your Harley, you may want to ask for an increase to the minimum insurance coverage offered. You should also verify that the transporter’s insurance is valid. This can be done by contacting the FMCSA with the transporters insurance certificate number and you can verify that the coverage is valid.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Taking Care of Your Harley
A Harley Davidson is not your typical motorcycle. These bikes are fine, handcrafted masterpieces that although rugged and tough on the highway should be handled with the utmost care during shipment. Care doesn’t start when the driver arrives to pick it up, however. It starts at home when you take time to get your Harley ready for transport.
Simple Steps to Prepare Your Harley Davidson for Shipping
- Clean your Harley from top to bottom even it is only shipping across town.
- Take detailed pictures and save the files until delivery has been made.
- Write down any scratches, dents or other cosmetic damage before it is loaded.
- Make sure the battery is charged.
- Check the tire pressure to ensure they are properly inflated.
- Check to see that the fuel level is around a quarter tank for shipment.
- Check for leaks and repair if you find any. Many drivers will not load a bike that has fluid or fuel leaks.
Unless you are shipping internationally, you will most likely ship your Harley on a trailer where it will be strapped down for delivery. For overseas motorcycle shipping, you may want to consider having it crated or placed in a container for shipment to prevent it from damage from contact with other motorcycles, automobiles or even vandals along the way. In cases where the bike must be crated, you will need to drain all fluids and disconnect the battery before it is crated.
For international moves, be sure that your Harley Davidson is in good mechanical condition before it is shipped. It can be difficult, or even impossible, to locate replacement parts for a Harley overseas. Be sure to check into your resources ahead of the move so you will be prepared if you need a part or a repair on the bike once it has been shipped.
When you ship with A1 Auto Transport Harley shipping services, you can rest assured that your bike will be handled with care from start to finish. Be sure to call an agent today at 800-452-2880 for a free, no obligation Haley shipping quote. Need to ship a car or truck? We can help you with any vehicle shipment locally, nationwide or globally.
Motorcycle Shipping: Tips & Frequently Asked Questions
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?