When it comes to transporting motorcycles, a professional shipping company can get the job done safely and in a timely manner. Professional shipping companies in Flagstaff can schedule a transport date with you after they calculate a quote over the phone.
When it comes to the cost of transporting a bike, shipping services will be able to offer a fair cost that will fit into their client’s budgets.
Tips for Transporting a Motorcycle Securely.
When it comes to transporting your cruiser, you might be skeptical about whether or not your property is in the proper care. Transporters are trained extensively on how to overcome many difficult obstacles on the open road and on how to properly care for and secure vehicles. There are certain things you can do to your bike to ensure that it arrives in the same condition that it left in.
- Make sure the motorcycle shipping company offers full-coverage insurance.
- Thoroughly wash your vehicle of any dirt and deposits.
- Only leave about ¾ tank of fuel in the motorcycle.
- Document the condition of the bike and inform the auto shipper of any problems the vehicle might have.
- Disable the security alarm if the bike is equipped with one.
- Remove personal possessions so that they do not cause damages to the interior of the vehicle while in transit.
- Provide reliable contact information to the moving service so that they can call you in the event of a change in schedule.
How Are Motorcycles Transported?
There are various ways a motorcycle can be shipped from one location to the next, but one way that is popular amongst consumers is on an open-air trailer. This method of transport is the most cost effective way to ship a vehicle, but the motorcycle will be exposed to outdoor weather conditions. This type of hauling service has two levels with vehicles secured on both the top and bottom.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.