Douglas, Arizona Professional Automobile Shipping
Douglas is home to around 17,500 people and is one of the few cities in Arizona with a crossing directly into Mexico. The city has an interesting history including being a location where Pancho Villa, a Mexican war leader threatened to attack the United States in 1916 because he blamed the U.S. for his loss at the Second Battle of Agua Prieta. While this never came into play, it is something that the locals still refer to when speaking of the history of the area. Douglas has more than 100 locally owned shopping centers as well as many national retail stores, grocery stores, restaurants and other locations for shopping, dining, and entertainment. The city has been the location for quite a few blockbuster films including The Life and Times of Judge Roy Bean in 1072, Pontiac Moon in 1994 and Terminal Velocity also in 1994.
For more information about Douglas, you can check out the official city website. The site has many links for local employment and housing, city and government services and fun things to do in Douglas.
Click here to learn more about Arizona auto transport.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time In Transit|
|Las Vegas to Douglas||$396||529 miles||2-4 days|
|Colorado Springs to Douglas||$575||767 miles||3-5 days|
|Douglas to Atlanta||$984||1640 miles||5-7 days|
|Chicago to Douglas||$1012||1687 miles||5-7 days|
|Boston to Douglas||$1033||2583 miles||7-9 days|
|Douglas to Milwaukee||$1057||1763 miles||5-7 days|
|Washington, D.C. to Douglas||$1096||2192 miles||6-8 days|
|Douglas to New York||$1172||2344 miles||6-8 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Vehicle Shipping Tips
Ready to have your vehicle shipped to Douglas? You will need to make sure a few things are taken care of with the vehicle once you have booked auto transport and scheduled a date to have the vehicle picked up:
- All vehicles have to be inspected just before they are loaded onto a carrier. To prepare for the inspection the car should be clean inside and out and all personal items should be taken out of the car. Personal items include loose DVD’s, CD’s, radar detectors, detachable stereo faces, loose paperwork and even paperwork in the glovebox.
- Have the gasoline no higher than a quarter tank. Gasoline adds weight to a vehicle and when using auto transport it is best to keep the weight as low as possible to avoid adding cost to services as well as to keep the total weight the driver is carrying to a minimum. Truck drivers must stop at weigh stations and inspection stations and if a load is overweight, the driver may face fines and penalties on a driving record.
- Insurance should be verified and a copy of the proof of insurance should be in your possession prior to the date the vehicle will be picked up. You should also have all fees paid if applicable or have the correct form of payment when the driver picks the vehicle up.
- Disarm the vehicle alarm and be sure to have a spare key ready for the driver. Per federal regulation, all transport drivers must have a key to every vehicle they haul and must be able to start the engine and open the trunk and doors.
Douglas Auto Transport Guide
SARS Auto Transport Services
SARS Auto Transport Services move more than 16,000 vehicles every year and they are fully insured and licensed as well as registered with the US DOT for the transportation of motor vehicles. They work for dealerships, private vehicle owners, corporations and others nationwide and offer reasonable rates for service.
3225 East 48th Street, Tucson, AZ 85713
Estes Express Lines
Estes Express Lines has multiple locations nationwide and they transport a wide array of freight including motor vehicles, heavy machinery and equipment, farm chemicals, office equipment and other freight. They can transport from coast to coast in the United States and all services are completely insured and licensed. Estes Express Lines has long been known as a reputable trucking company that provides fast and secure transport at competitive rates.
285 East Missouri Street, Tucson, AZ 85714
Douglas includes ZIP codes:
85607, 85608, 85655.
Related Information & FAQ
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
🇺🇸 Douglas - Cochise, Arizona (AZ) 85607
Our Services and Information
Car Domestic Destinations
Motorcycle Domestic Destinations
🇺🇸 Sierra Vista - Cochise, Arizona (AZ) 85635
🇺🇸 Sierra Vista - Cochise, Arizona (AZ) 85635
🇺🇸 Sierra Vista - Cochise, Arizona (AZ) 85636
A-1 Auto Transport - Domestic Locations
We Strive to Serve Communities in all 50 States.
- 2019 - December2019 - October2019 - September2019 - August2019 - July2019 - April2019 - March2019 - February2019 - January2018 - December2018 - November2018 - October2018 - September2018 - August2018 - July2018 - June2018 - May2018 - April2018 - March2018 - February2018 - January2017 - December2017 - November2017 - October2017 - September