Shipping a motorcycle is a procedure that needs to be done by a professional. The proper tools and equipment are available for anybody, but without the knowledge or experience, transporting a motorcycle can be a disaster for the average person. Columbus is the most populated city in Ohio. Its complex roadways and dense traffic make it difficult to navigate through the city especially for someone unfamiliar with the area.
Before choosing a shipping service, make sure the company has a good reputation. If manufacturers and dealers trust them, then they are probably a legitimate motorcycle shipping service. A motorcycle transportation company should have a variety of different transportation methods available.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Options for Transport a Motorcycle.
- Enclosed Shipping.
- Open Air Shipping.
- Door to Door.
- Terminal to Terminal.
- Crated Shipping.
A reliable motorcycle transportation service will most likely have these options available for anyone trying to transport their bike to Columbus. Door to door transportation is exactly what it sounds like. The motorcycle is picked up at one specific location and delivered directly to its destination. However, if the township has restrictions against large trucks or narrow streets, the customer may have to meet the carrier at a nearby parking lot.
Required Tasks to Complete Before Transporting a Motorcycle.
- Clean deposits and dirt from the motorcycle.
- Remove any loose items and objects.
- Disable the alarm.
- Check fluids, tire pressure and battery.
- Gas level can be no higher than ¼ tank before transportation.
- Document any damages to the bike.
When the carrier arrives to pick up the motorcycle, they will thoroughly go over the condition of the bike before it is loaded onto the trailer on secured. By completing the tasks required the customer gives their bike the best odds at arriving to Columbus Ohio without incident.
Transport Companies in Columbus, OH to Contact.
740 Waterman Ave.
Grandview Heights, OH 43215.
417 E. Main St.
Columbus, OH 43215.
741 N. High St.
Columbus, OH 43215.
Motorcycle Shipping: Tips & Frequently Asked Questions
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?