- Reliable Auto Transport Chicago Chicago Car Shipping Companies Near Me
- Vehicle Shipping Pricing & Time To Ship Your Vehicle Examples
- Chicago Car Shipping Companies Near Me
- Who Are The Best Car Shipping Companies Chicago Has To Offer?
- Using Chicago Vehicle Transport Companies
- Shipping Luxury And Classic Cars In Chicago
- Vehicle Transport Companies Chicago Il Special Discounts
- Long Distance Car Transport To/From Chicago
- International Shipping To/From Chicago
- Cheap Chicago Car Shipping Options
- Auto Shipping Safety Measures
- Chicago Vehicle Transport Companies Directory
- Lepke Auto Transport
- Chicago Car Shipping
- Auto Driveaway National Office
- U A Vehicle Transport
- Auto Transport Logistics
- United Road Services Hegeswisch
- Danny's Car Transport
- Great American Vehicle Transport
- Progressive Auto Relocation
- Ampm Premium Car Carrier Co
- Ybs Logistics
- Auto Driveway
- Chicago Transportation Resources
Reliable Auto Transport Chicago: Chicago Car Shipping Companies Near Me
Known as “The Windy City,” Chicago is home to about 2.7 million people and is the third most populated city in the country. In the metro area, there are close to 10 million people and similar to New York and Los Angeles, this is an international location. It is situated in the heart of Cook County and is situated also on Lake Michigan, in the Great Lakes. Also known as “Chi-Town,” this is an important city for international commerce and trade and attracts millions of visitors annually. The attractions in this city are plentiful, from Navy Pier on Lake Michigan to the Magnificent Mile on Michigan Avenue for some of the best shopping in the world. There are museums galore and more than enough shops and dining establishments to keep visitors busy for weeks on end. Lake Michigan also offers a rather unusual offering of recreational activities in the city, which is unusual for a city the size of Chicago.
Vehicle Shipping Pricing & Time To Ship Your Vehicle Examples
|Shipping To/From Chicago To:||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time In Transit|
|Indianapolis||$110||184 miles||2 - 3 days|
|Kansas City||$305||509 miles||3 - 5 days|
|Washington, D.C.||$420||700 miles||3 - 5 days|
|New Orleans to Chicago||$555||925 miles||3 - 5 days|
|Miami Beach to Chicago||$829||1381 miles||4 - 6 days|
|Salt Lake City||$838||1396 miles||4 - 6 days|
|Los Angeles||$1046||1744 miles||5 - 7 days|
*Prices and times for Chicago auto transport are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
A-1 Auto Transport can quickly help with any Chicago car shipment, having a local presence and office in the area:
2251 S Michigan Ave #225, Chicago, IL 60616
Chicago Car Shipping Companies Near Me
Who are the best car shipping companies Chicago has to offer?
Looking for auto transport companies near you? The third largest city in the country, Chicago is a metropolitan hub in a largely rural region. It may be its geographical location that has given Chicagoans their reputation for toughness. Though there are plenty of vehicle shipping options within the city limits, travel 10 miles in any direction and you’ll find yourself stranded. The better option is to keep your vehicle on hand, and A-1 Auto Transport has the skills to make that happen.
Using Chicago Vehicle Transport Companies
When you are looking to book shipping services, keep a few key tips in mind:
- Ask about tractor-trailer transport: This method might make it a bit longer to get your car to arrive, but in the end, it is one of the most affordable ways for Chicago car shipping.
- Opt for open-air service: If yours is a traditional vehicle and you don’t mind exposure to the elements, you can save up to 60% or more on open-air SHIPPING. This is a good option for those on a tight budget.
- Find out if car shipping companies offer first-time customers any kind of discount: If this is your first time using a certain shipping firm to transfer a vehicle, they may be ready to offer you a first-timer's discount in the hopes that you would return to them in the future. The company offers these shipping reductions to help customers save money.
For more information, visit the City of Chicago website.
Shipping Luxury and Classic Cars in Chicago
While open carriers are perfect for shipping most vehicles because they’re sitting on an open trailer, flying objects or bad weather can still reach them. If you’re the owner of a luxury or classic automobile, this may not be acceptable.
Because of this, A1 Auto Transport has prepared a series of enclosed trucks to increase the protection offered to our client’s vehicles. Since your exotic car will not only be strapped in place but also protected from outside objects, it will be as safe as in your garage at home.
Vehicle Transport Companies Chicago IL Special Discounts
If you live in Chicago, Illinois, you can get a special discount on all your transport orders by meeting a few criteria. These are disclosed over the phone, so remember to mention them when calling for a free quote for car shipping services. You can also use our online form to get an instant quote from our company.
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Auto Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
Long Distance Car Transport to/from Chicago
Normal costs of driving a car across the country include meal costs, hotel bills, fuel prices, etc. You have to pay for all these if you plan long-distance driving to another state or across longer distances in general.
However, you can share these costs with more than 10 other people by using an auto transport company. Your car will be stationary on a platform along with all the rest, and only the truck that’s transporting them will require fuel.
Also, the driver’s meals will be covered by all the car owners, making the individual price very small. So, even with the little extra the transport company is bound to put on top of their troubles, it’s still more affordable than driving the car yourself.
International Shipping to/from Chicago
Although your car may be close to your heart, we recommend doing a bit of research before deciding to ship it abroad to where you’re moving. Some countries release such high import taxes that shipping a car is a worse investment than actually buying a new one. Hopefully, this is not the case and we’ll be able to proceed with the auto-shipping process.
As for getting your car through customs, preparing all the documentation, and every other part of the shipping process, you can just leave everything to us. We’ll transport your car with one of our shipping carriers if the shipment can be accomplished only on land. If we must pass a mass of water, we’ll use a ship. The alternative, a plane, is far too expensive and difficult to book.
Cheap Chicago Car Shipping Options
The more time you have before the move, the more you can afford to look for cheaper Chicago shipping options. For example, you can browse the internet for better quotes if you’re not in a rush for shipping services.
By booking your shipment long in advance, the cost you settle on will often be lower. If you take the time to talk to an employee from the Chicago shipping company and explain your situation, s/he can sometimes make auto-shipping arrangements that are up to 15% cheaper than the norm.
You can also go through our Chicago auto transport discounts list to see which you can use and when. You may even qualify for 2 or more at a time. We offer military discounts as well.
Auto Shipping Safety Measures
If you’re going to move a car with our autoshipping company, you shouldn’t worry too much about safety. All our trucks are extremely safe. They’re maintained regularly and are driven by professionals. Enclosed trucks offer slightly more protection from outside elements, but open trucks are good in this aspect too. Our car transport trucks provide safe shipping. Customers are requested to remove all personal items before shipping a car.
One of the frequently asked questions from customers is regarding vehicle insurance. In the worst-case scenario, we have you covered your vehicle with an insurance policy. You can also get more insurance if you’re worried about being fully insured for the vehicle. The frequency of road accidents worldwide is high. However, our drivers take every measure possible to avoid them. In case somebody slams into the truck, it will take the brunt of the damage instead of your car.
Chicago Vehicle Transport Companies Directory
Lepke Auto Transport
This national outfit offers vehicle shipping services around the country. Licensed, bonded, and insured nationwide auto shippers with great BBB (Better Business Bureau) accredited customer reviews. Transports vehicles, vans, trucks, SUVs, motorcycles, expensive cars, boats and other heavy equipment with their open and enclosed carriers.
2026 South Washtenaw Avenue #3w
This locally-owned auto shipping company can move cars of all types around the Chicago, Illinois region. Top auto transporter with no hidden fees.
500 North Michigan Avenue #30
Auto Driveaway National Office
This is a national car shipping company with a national scope, offering transport domestically and internationally. Provides door-to-door shipping in all major cities like Las Vegas, San Francisco, Evanston, Illinois, etc.
11 East Adams Street #1402, Chicago, Illinois
U A Vehicle Transport
This auto transport company provides enclosed and container shipping. There is minimal upfront payment and they accept all major credit cards for your auto shipping requirements.
1900 North Austin Avenue, Chicago, Illinois
Auto Transport Logistics
This auto transport company offers shipping of all transport types at an affordable rate. Auto shipping cost to Chicago depends upon the size, door-to-door/terminal-to-terminal shipment service, and distance.
155 North Harbor Drive, Chicago, Illinois
United Road Services: Hegeswisch
United is a national car shipping company that offers international shipping as well. One of the best car transport companies in the south side of Chicago. Transit times for car shipping are less for customers booking enclosed services.
13327 South Torrence Avenue
Danny's Car Transport
Danny’s is a locally owned and operated outfit that provides high rates of customer service for shipping a vehicle. One of the best transport companies to ship vehicles to any residential or business location.
1950 South Racine Avenue
Great American Vehicle Transport
Great American offers shipping for vehicles of all types. Have excellent reviews from customers using their vehicle shipping service. Get a free quote to transport vehicles from one point to another.
401 South LaSalle Street #1600
Progressive Auto Relocation
This auto shipping group offers tractor-trailer shipping, as well as enclosed options to get your car delivered at the door.
5715 North Kimball Avenue #3n
AMPM Premium Car Carrier Co
This national auto shipping company can ship your vehicle around the country. One of the top transport companies in Chicago with door-to-door service.
304 South Halsted Street, Chicago, IL
YBS company offers car transport and other types of shipping services in Jackson as well. Get your cars delivered in a timely manner by the company in Illinois.
141 West Jackson Boulevard #3200, Chicago, IL
This is a national company that can ship around the country for individuals, dealers and fleet orders.
11235 South Cottage Grove Avenue, Chicago, IL
Chicago Transportation Resources
Chicago Wikipedia Page - everything you need to know about the city of Chicago.
University Of Illinois At Chicago - A major research university in the heart of one of the world's greatest cities, UIC provides a world-class education for its students. We are committed to creating and disseminating new knowledge as a university of growing national and international stature.
Chicago On Craigslist - local classifieds and forums for jobs, housing, for sale, personals, services, local community, and events.
Chicago NeighMontclairborhood Areas Our Vehicle Transporting Company Serves
Our car transport services are proud to help with your move in any of the neighborhoods you see below. And if you don't see your neighborhood listed here, don't worry because we can most likely service it.
Car Shipping Chicago To
|Albany Park||Gresham||Peterson Park|
|Altgeld Gardens||Groveland Park||Pill Hill|
|Arcadia Terrace||Hanson Park||Polish Downtown|
|Archer Heights||Heart of Chicago||Polish Village|
|Armour Square||Hegewisch||Portage Park|
|Ashburn||Hermosa||Prairie Avenue Historic District|
|Ashburn Estates||Hollywood Park||Prairie Shores|
|Auburn Gresham||Homan Square||Princeton Park|
|Avalon Park||Humboldt Park||Printer's Row|
|Avondale||Hyde Park||Pulaski Park|
|Avondale Gardens||Illinois Medical District||Pullman|
|Back of the Yards||Irving Park||Ranch Triangle|
|Belmont Central||Irving Woods||Ravenswood|
|Belmont Gardens||The Island||Ravenswood Gardens|
|Belmont Heights||Jackowo||Ravenswood Manor|
|Belmont Terrace||Jackson Park Highlands||River North|
|Beverly||Jefferson Park||River West|
|Beverly View||K-Town||River's Edge|
|Beverly Woods||Kelvyn Park||Riverdale|
|Big Oaks||Kennedy Park||Rogers Park|
|Northalsted "Boystown"||Kensington||Roscoe Village|
|Bridgeport||Lake Meadows||St. Ben's|
|Brighton Park||Lake View||Sauganash|
|Bronzeville||Lakeview (East)||Schorsch Forest View|
|Bucktown||Lakewood / Balmoral||Schorsch Village|
|Budlong Woods||LeClaire Courts||Scottsdale|
|Buena Park||Legends South (Robert Taylor Homes)||Sheffield Neighbors|
|Cabrini–Green||Lincoln Park||Sheridan Station Corridor|
|Calumet Heights||Lincoln Square||Sleepy Hollow|
|Canaryville||Lithuanian Plaza||Smith Park|
|Central Station||Little Italy||South Austin|
|Chatham||Little Village||South Chicago|
|Chicago Lawn||Logan Square||South Commons|
|Chinatown||Longwood Manor||South Deering|
|Chrysler Village||The Loop||South East Ravenswood|
|Clarendon Park||Lower West Side||South Edgebrook|
|Clearing East||Loyola||South Lawndale|
|Clearing West||Magnificent Mile||South Loop|
|Cottage Grove Heights||Margate Park||South Shore|
|Cragin||Marquette Park||Stateway Gardens|
|Crestline||Marshall Square||Stony Island Park|
|Dearborn Park||Mayfair||Talley's Corner|
|Douglas Park||McKinley Park||Tri-Taylor|
|Dunning||Merchant Park||Ukrainian Village|
|East Beverly||Montclare||Union Ridge|
|East Chatham||Morgan Park||University Village|
|East Garfield Park||Mount Greenwood||Uptown|
|East Hyde Park||Museum Campus||The Villa|
|East Pilsen||New Eastside||Vittum Park|
|East Side||Near North Side||Wacławowo|
|East Village||Near West Side||Washington Heights|
|Eden Green||New Chinatown||Washington Park|
|Edgebrook||New City||Wentworth Gardens|
|Edgewater||Noble Square||West Beverly|
|Edgewater Beach||North Austin||West Chatham|
|Edgewater Glen||North Center||West Chesterfield|
|Edison Park||North Halsted||West DePaul, Lincoln Park|
|Englewood||North Kenwood||West Elsdon, West Elsdon|
|Fernwood||North Lawndale||West Englewood, West Englewood|
|Fifth City||North Mayfair||West Garfield Park, West Garfield Park|
|Ford City||North Park||West Humboldt Park|
|Forest Glen||Nortown||Lakeview (West)|
|Fuller Park||Norwood Park East||West Lawn|
|Fulton River District||Norwood Park West||West Loop|
|Gage Park||Oakland||West Morgan Park|
|The Gap||Old Edgebrook||West Ridge|
|Garfield Ridge||Old Irving Park||West Rogers Park|
|Gladstone Park||Old Norwood||West Town|
|Gold Coast||Old Town||West Woodlawn|
|Golden Gate||Old Town Triangle||Wicker Park|
|Goose Island||Oriole Park||Wildwood|
|Graceland West||Palmer Square||Woodlawn|
|Grand Boulevard||Park Manor||Wrightwood|
|Grand Crossing||Park West||Wrightwood Neighbors|
|Greater Grand Crossing||Parkview||Wrigleyville|
Vehicle Shipping Chicago: ZIP codes
60064, 60086, 60088, 60185, 60186, 60411, 60412, 60415, 60475, 60601, 60602, 60603, 60604, 60605, 60606, 60607, 60608, 60609, 60610, 60611, 60612, 60613, 60614, 60615, 60616, 60617, 60618, 60619, 60620, 60621, 60622, 60623, 60624, 60625, 60626, 60628, 60629, 60630, 60631, 60632, 60633, 60634, 60636, 60637, 60638, 60639, 60640, 60641, 60642, 60643, 60644, 60645, 60646, 60647, 60649, 60651, 60652, 60653, 60654, 60655, 60656, 60657, 60659, 60660, 60661, 60664, 60666, 60668, 60669, 60670, 60673, 60674, 60675, 60677, 60678, 60680, 60681, 60682, 60684, 60685, 60686, 60687, 60688, 60689, 60690, 60691, 60693, 60694, 60695, 60696, 60697, 60699, 60701, 60706, 60707, 60803, 60804, 60805, 60827.
Related Information & FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I ship my inoperable car using a transport carrier to or from Chicago, IL?
You can transport your unusable car. Here are three things for you to think about before choosing to do so:
- First, is shipping unusable cars something they do regularly?
- Are they an interstate authorized carrier?
- Third, are they prepared to transport your vehicle?
*NOTE—Be sure to ask the experts how to prepare your vehicle for transport best.
Can I always locate my car while it’s moving to or from Chicago, IL?
- You can use online tracking with some companies. For example, you will have tracking to follow your car.
- Other companies will keep you posted regularly.
- You can ask for an update when you want one.
- A driver may give you their cell number so you can call them.
How do I determine whether the transport company I want to choose in Chicago has met all the insurance requirements?
Federal requirements state that all auto transport companies carry $750,000 minimum insurance.
Check out the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) page, Insurance Filling Requirements, to find out more.
You can also contact your insurance broker to help you think about how much insurance you might need for your comfort level.
How can I trust the quote I get from a transport company when wanting to ship my car to or from Chicago, IL?
Any transport company or broker will give you a quote on transporting your vehicle.
*IMPORTANT NOTE—Don’t give a deposit to any company in exchange for a quote. No company should ask for a deposit. If they do, it’s a sign that they aren’t legitimate.
Most companies or brokers have online calculators that allow you to plug in information about your transporting your vehicle to get an estimate.
We have an online estimator on our website for a free quote. You can also call one of our knowledgeable customer service representatives to answer any questions you may have. They also may be able to give you a more accurate quote after finding out more about your situation.
*NOTE—You will only be able to get an estimate on your transport cost, and it won’t be an actual quote until you are very close to your shipping date. Having to wait for a precise quote is because there are factors to consider when committing to a final quote: gas prices, weather, and route.
How can I register my car in Chicago, IL?
The city of Chicago expects you to display a city vehicle sticker within 30 days of becoming a resident of Chicago. (“New Resident Information for Drivers2 - Chicago”) If you are without a sticker after 30 days, there is a $120.00 fine.
Visit the official website of the City of Chicago to learn more.
What types of auto transport services does Chicago car transport offer?
Chicago Car Transport offers a variety of auto transport services, including:
- Open car transport: This is the most affordable type of auto transport, and it involves shipping your car on an open-air trailer. Open car transport is a good option for most vehicles, but it is important to note that your car will be exposed to the elements during transport.
- Enclosed car transport: Enclosed car transport is a more expensive option, but it provides the most protection for your vehicle. Enclosed car carriers are fully enclosed, so your car will not be exposed to the elements or to road debris. Enclosed car transport is a good option for luxury vehicles, classic cars, and vehicles with sensitive finishes.
- Door-to-door transport: Door-to-door transport is the most convenient type of auto transport, and it involves the carrier picking up your vehicle from your doorstep and delivering it to your desired destination. Door-to-door transport is available for both open and enclosed car transport.
- Expedited shipping: Expedited shipping is available for both open and enclosed car transport, and it guarantees that your vehicle will be delivered within a certain timeframe. Expedited shipping is a good option for customers who need their vehicle delivered quickly.
- International shipping: Chicago Car Transport also offers international shipping services. International shipping can be more complex than domestic shipping, so it is important to work with a reputable carrier that has experience shipping cars internationally.
In addition to these basic services, Chicago Car Transport also offers a variety of other services, such as:
- Vehicle tracking: Chicago Car Transport offers vehicle tracking services so that you can track the location of your vehicle at all times during transport.
- Insurance: Chicago Car Transport offers insurance for all of its shipments. This insurance covers your vehicle in the event of damage or loss during transport.
- Storage: Chicago Car Transport can store your vehicle at either its origin or destination location if needed. This is a good option for customers who are not ready to receive their vehicle immediately upon delivery.
When choosing an auto transport company, it is important to compare prices and services from multiple companies to find the best deal. It is also important to read reviews of different companies to get a sense of their reputation and customer service.
How can I trust the quote I get from a transport company when wanting to ship my car to or from Chicago, IL?
Trusting the quote you receive from an auto transport company when shipping your car to or from Chicago, IL, is essential to ensure you get a fair price and reliable service. Here are some steps to help you assess the trustworthiness of a transport company's quote:
1. Research Multiple Companies: Don't settle for the first quote you receive. Research and obtain quotes from several auto transport companies. This will give you a better idea of the average price for your specific route and needs.
2. Check Reviews and Reputation: Look for reviews and testimonials from previous customers. Websites like the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and online review platforms (e.g., Yelp, Google Reviews) can provide insight into a company's reputation. Pay attention to both positive and negative feedback.
3. Verify Licensing and Insurance: Ensure that the auto transport company is licensed and insured. They should have the necessary permits to operate legally, and their insurance should cover potential damage to your vehicle during transit. You can ask for proof of insurance if necessary.
4. Understand the Services Included: Make sure you understand what is included in the quoted price. Some companies may offer a lower initial quote but have additional fees or exclude certain services. Ask for a detailed breakdown of the quote to avoid surprises.
5. Ask About Guarantees and Policies: Inquire about the company's policies regarding delivery times, delays, and damage claims. A reputable company should be transparent about these aspects and have clear procedures in place.
6. Get a Written Contract: Always get a written contract or agreement that outlines the terms, conditions, and pricing of the auto transport service. Review it carefully and ask questions about anything you don't understand before signing.
7. Beware of Extremely Low Quotes: If a quote seems significantly lower than others you've received, be cautious. Extremely low quotes may be a red flag indicating hidden fees or subpar service quality.
8. Ask for Recommendations: If you know anyone who has recently used an auto transport service, ask for recommendations. Personal referrals can provide valuable insights and peace of mind.
9. Speak to a Representative: Don't hesitate to call the company and speak with a representative. This can help you gauge their professionalism, responsiveness, and willingness to address your concerns.
10. Consider Payment Terms: Be cautious if a company requires a large upfront deposit before scheduling your transport. Reputable companies typically request a deposit of a reasonable amount with the balance due upon delivery.
By taking these steps, you can better evaluate the trustworthiness of the quotes you receive from auto transport companies and make an informed decision about which company to choose for your car shipping needs. Remember that price should not be the sole factor in your decision; reliability, reputation, and customer service are equally important.
How much does it cost to ship a car from Chicago, Illinois to Memphis, Tennessee?
The cost to ship a car from Chicago, Illinois to Memphis, Tennessee varies depending on a number of factors, including the type of car you are shipping, the time of year, and the auto transport company you choose. However, you can expect to pay between $379 and $1,182 for this service.
Here are some of the factors that can affect the cost of shipping a car:
- Type of car: The type of car you are shipping can affect the cost of shipping in a few ways. For example, larger cars and cars with expensive finishes may cost more to ship.
- Time of year: The time of year can also affect the cost of shipping. Shipping rates are typically higher during peak season, which is typically from May to September.
- Auto transport company: The auto transport company you choose can also affect the cost of shipping. Different companies have different rates and fees.
To get the most accurate estimate for shipping your car from Chicago to Memphis, it is best to get quotes from multiple auto transport companies. You can also use a car shipping calculator to get an estimate.
How much does it cost to ship a car from Chicago to California?
The average cost to ship a car from Chicago to California is $722 and $1,127. The cost to ship a car from Chicago to California varies depending on a number of factors, including the type of car you are shipping, the time of year, and the auto transport company you choose.
Can I ship my inoperable car using a transport carrier to or from Chicago, IL?
Yes, you can ship an inoperable car using a transport carrier to or from Chicago, IL, but you will need to inform the auto transport company in advance and make specific arrangements for the shipment of a non-operational vehicle.