- Nc, Charlotte Car Shipping Car Transport Charlotte Near Me
- Nc, Charlotte Vehicle Transport Pricing & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
- Car Transport Car Shipping Services Near Me
- Using Charlotte Car Shipping Companies
- Long Distance Auto Transport To/From Charlotte
- Shipping Luxury And Classic Cars
- Special Discounts For Car Shipping In Charlotte, North Carolina
- Cheap Transportation Options In Charlotte
- Car Transport Industry Safety Measures
- Charlotte Vehicle Car Shipping And Transport Services Directory
- Rite Way Auto Transport, Car Shipping
- Magic Carpet Auto Transport & Car Shipping
- Auto Driveaway – Charlotte
- Southend Transport Auto Shipping
- Charlotte Towing & Transport
- All-Star Towing & Transport
- Quincy's Towing & Auto Shipping
- Direct Automotive Transport
- Auto Truck Transport Usa
- American Dream Vehicle Transport Services
- Other Charlotte Resources
- Services And Information
- Car Transport Service Neighborhood Areas We Serve
- Charlotte Includes Zip Codes
NC, Charlotte Car Shipping: Car Transport Charlotte Near Me
This is the largest city in the state of North Carolina and it is situated in Mecklenburg. There are almost a million people living in this area, making it the 17th largest city in the country. In fact, there are close to two million people living in the metro area.
This city is a huge economic center, with Bank of America and Wells Fargo basing their East Coast operations here. The National Basketball Association, the Charlotte Bobcats, are located here, as are the NFL’s Carolina Panthers. There are a number of other entertainment opportunities in and around Charlotte, drawing many visitors to the area annually. You will also find the NASCAR Hall of Fame in this city.
NC, Charlotte Vehicle Transport Pricing & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From Charlotte||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time In Transit|
|Washington, D.C. to Charlotte||$239||399 miles||3-5 days|
|New York to Charlotte||$374||623 miles||3-5 days|
|Miami to Charlotte||$437||729 miles||3-5 days|
|Charlotte to Dallas||$615||1025 miles||4-6 days|
|Charlotte to San Antonio||$739||1231 miles||4-6 days|
|Colorado Springs to Charlotte||$926||1544 miles||5-7 days|
|Charlotte to San Francisco||$1635||2725 miles||6-8 days|
|Charlotte to San Diego||$1430||2383 miles||6-8 days|
*Prices and times for Charlotte car shipping are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle Transport you are shipping.
Car Transport: Car Shipping Services Near Me
Looking for auto transport companies near you in Charlotte? One visit to Charlotte is all it takes to see why large numbers of people have migrated here in the last decade. A beautiful mix of Southern charm and progressive amenities, Charlotte has something for everyone. The beautiful climate and quickly evolving cultural landscape make Charlotte an ideal place to take on now, but doing so without your own form of transportation may prove tricky. Avoid any feelings of being stranded by enlisting the help of A-1 Auto Transport companies, and check with our directory to see that you’re getting the best possible price for moving your car.
Using Charlotte Car Shipping Companies
Prior to your travels, there are a few things that you might want to keep in mind:
- To compare prices, use a broker website. You can save time and effort by using a service like A1 Auto Transport to compare and contrast multiple auto car shipping and trucking estimates at once. You should spend as little time as possible doing this.
- Rely on word of mouth: Sometimes, this is the best form of marketing an auto company can have and nine times out of ten, you can believe that if the car shipping company is any good, its word of mouth will be as well.
- Attempt to get an auto transport discount: Depending on the type of vehicle transporting service you need, auto transport might be a bit pricier than what you bargained for. If this is the case, seek out bargains for coupons or any other elements that you can find to save a few bucks for getting your vehicle delivered.
Long Distance Auto Transport to/from Charlotte
Long-distance car moving can be covered easily without wearing your car down or adding to its mileage. By keeping it fixed on our carrier, it will be safe from thieves and fully insured. We will use the shortest route possible to deliver it to the destination point.
The less time it spends on the road, the less likely it is for something to happen to your shipment. Also, since the popular routes we use have been tested in the past, our car shipping company knows which neighborhoods and areas are best avoided, in North Carolina. We only make stops in places where our drivers and the vehicles they move are safe.
Shipping Luxury and Classic Cars
One thing both classic and luxury cars have in common is their value and the large amount the owner would have to pay if they needed repairs. Because of this, unless you’re driving your car for your own enjoyment, it may be best to avoid adding mileage and structural strain to it.
If you need to move such a vehicle to a new city or location in NC, you can avoid damaging it on the road by using A1 auto transport. Our car transport services in Charlotte are reasonably priced, and your vehicle will be there much safer. For more details or to get a free quote, call us today.
Special Discounts For Car Shipping in Charlotte, North Carolina
A1 auto transport’s special discount policy applies to students, military people, and seniors. They are designed to make auto transportation easier for those who may have trouble paying the shipping industry’s rates. If you’d like to gather some Charlotte car shipping savings without being part of the groups mentioned above, you may call our staff regarding our seasonal offerings and get a free quote.
Cheap Transportation Options in Charlotte
There are various ways to keep the car shipping prices as low as possible when using auto transport services besides comparing different quotes. In fact, the vehicle shipping quotes can be unreliable, since, without an in-depth discussion regarding what you're going for, the company cannot give you an accurate estimate. For example, if you mention a car pickup location in Queen City but the actual location is far away, then the car shipping prices may change.
Large car transport companies can offer all kinds of services, each with very different prices. If you'd like to know which is cheaper to get your car delivered, simply ask our staff. It's their job to inform you of different vehicle transport options and give details about our vehicle moving booking process. Pick the cheaper ones. You can also receive vehicle shipping discounts in special situations. These are more frequent than you may think.
Car Transport Industry Safety Measures
If you hire A1 auto transport to move your car, there are several levels of safety options you can apply for.
The standard car shipping services will get you an open carrier and an insurance policy. The carrier will prevent your vehicle from moving and give some protection against bad weather and falling/flying objects.
The insurance policy will help you recover some of your losses in case of an accident, though there is a limit. If you'd like your automobile not to be placed on the lower row where oil, various liquids, and dirt from the vehicle above it may fall, you can request it from our staff.
Our white-glove service will get you an enclosed truck, regular updates, and the highest level of car transportation. You'll receive your car much sooner, and it will be protected from all outside forces. The limit on the insurance policy will also be higher, but the overall car transport price for North Carolina will be bigger as well.
Charlotte Vehicle Car Shipping and Transport Services Directory
Rite Way Auto Transport, Car Shipping
This shipping company employs more than 300 trucks and loading resources to help move vehicles across great distances. In addition to individual car shipping, Rite Way also provides specialized programs for dealer-specific fleet transport as well as vehicle moving services geared towards Internet buys. Rite Way also does boat shipping and heavy-duty equipment hauling. These multi-faceted shipping services are part of what sets this national auto transport company apart from others in the auto transport industry.
2015 Ayrsley Town Blvd.
Magic Carpet Auto Transport & Car Shipping
What makes Magic Carpet special is that this Charlotte car shipping company engages in cost matching, which means that it will match or beat the price of competing four and five-star-rated businesses for those consumers trying to compare pricing and services. This auto shipping company also specializes in exotic and customized car shipping, leaning heavily on a proven safety record in North Carolina.
525 N Tryon St #1600
Auto Driveaway – Charlotte
This large vehicle-moving company has about 40 offices strategically positioned around the country and even in Canada. Auto Driveaway even has Fortune 500 organizations as clients, which is a testament to Auto Driveaway’s capabilities. The company has been transporting vehicles in North Carolina since the early 1950s and has an entire program devoted to its corporate clients. They hire only professional truck drivers to pick up and safely deliver your shipment to its destination.
756 Tyvola Rd #112
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Auto Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
Southend Transport Auto Shipping
Southend is a smaller transport operation that operates out of Charlotte but serves the entire state of North Carolina. The company is competitive and reliable in terms of pricing and convenience despite its smaller size. This company can haul or transport vehicles and smaller trucks; boats, motorcycles and smaller operations equipment are also an option for transport through Southend. They also offer door-to-door pickup in the country.
16914 Commons Creek Dr.
Charlotte Towing & Transport
Charlotte Towing & Transport operates as both a traditional transport outfit as well as a towing company. This company provides a great deal of localized shipment service, for those who need a car moved in the immediate Charlotte area.
2338 Lucena St.
All-Star Towing & Transport
This is yet another towing and transport company that offers a wide range of Charlotte car shipping services. It has been in business for a good decade and has since built up a fairly solid reputation for reliable customer service, which can be hard to come by for a company that focuses on hauling and moving vehicles. Staffers are knowledgeable about the shipment process and are often quick to suggest professional advice for the customers' convenience.
786 Cottonwood Park Dr.
Quincy's Towing & Auto Shipping
Quincy’s Towing and Transport has been around for a number of years, serving the Charlotte area for towing and transport needs. The company is affiliated with many different industry associations and prides itself on working with people from around the country, from those moving from the Charlotte area to those shipping to it. Get a free quote to transport cars from this reliable Charlotte car shipping company.
245 Yeoman Rd.
Direct Automotive Transport
An authorized U-Haul dealer, as well as an affiliate for a number of automobile-related businesses, Direct Automotive Transport, handles car transport orders of all types. From enclosed transport to custom car shipping and more, this company makes it easy to get a free quote for whatever service you may be looking for. They provide the service that best works for you as well as transporting that is affordable.
4923 W Highway 74
Auto Truck Transport USA
In Mount Holly, Auto Truck Transport is a small yet efficient transport company. The company solicits some of the best truck drivers in the business and it shows in the safety record the company boasts as well as the reliability shown by the company. In an industry where many don’t show up on time or at all, Auto Truck Transport prides itself on standing out by doing just the opposite.
1801 N Main St.
Mt Holly, NC
American Dream Vehicle Transport Services
American Dream is a top transport company in the nearby city of Statesville. It has 5-star ratings on many of the industry review sites, on which customers point out good customer service, quality in transport, timeliness, reliability and responsibility when moving a personal vehicle to a new location. The company’s motto rests on the ability to ship either one single vehicle or an entire fleet of vehicles, depending on the need. They also provide door-to-door in Queen City, North Carolina.
Other Charlotte Resources
Charlotte Wikipedia Page - everything you need to know about the city of Charlotte.
University Of North Carolina At Charlotte- UNC Charlotte is North Carolina's urban research institution. Our campus is located in the Piedmont of North Carolina, just two hours from the mountains and three hours from the Atlantic Ocean. A large public university with a small college feel, more than 25,000 students consider UNC Charlotte’s 1,000-acre campus their home away from home.
Charlotte On Craigslist - local classifieds and forums for jobs, housing, for sale, personals, services, local community, and events.
Services And Information
Car Transport Service Neighborhood Areas We Serve
Our auto transport services are proud to help with your move into any of the neighborhoods you see below. And if you don't see your neighborhood listed here, don't worry because we can most likely service it.
|Plaza-Midwood||Myers Park||Barclay Downs|
|South End||Charlotte center city||NoDa|
|SouthPark||Freedom Park||Myers Park|
|Plaza Midwood||Dilworth||Sugar Creek|
|Eastover||North Charlotte||Revolution Park|
|Providence Plantation||Montebello||Barclay Downs|
|Villa Heights||Ballantyne East||Piper Glen Estates|
Charlotte includes ZIP codes
28201, 28202, 28203, 28204, 28205, 28206, 28207, 28208, 28209, 28210, 28211, 28212, 28213, 28214, 28215, 28216, 28217, 28218, 28219, 28220, 28221, 28222, 28223, 28224, 28226, 28227, 28228, 28229, 28230, 28231, 28232, 28233, 28234, 28235, 28236, 28237, 28241, 28242, 28243, 28244, 28246, 28247, 28250, 28253, 28254, 28255, 28256, 28258, 28260, 28262, 28263, 28265, 28266, 28269, 28270, 28271, 28272, 28273, 28274, 28275, 28277, 28278, 28280, 28281, 28282, 28284, 28285, 28287, 28288, 28289, 28290, 28296, 28297, 28299.
Frequently Asked Questions
How far in advance should I plan to book my auto transport to or from Charlotte, NC?
All Charlotte car shipping companies will tell you it’s better to book sooner rather than later because they can work to meet your timeframe for delivery the sooner you book.
You can find out more about our safe and secure transport services, along with booking times by calling our toll-free number, 1-888-230-9116.
Does using an open or closed carrier make a difference to ship my vehicle to or from Charlotte, NC?
If you want to ship your car to or from Charlotte, there are two ways of transport (excluding Hawaii):
- Open carrier – If you ship your vehicle this way, it will charge less because more automobiles can fit on the carrier, but it won’t be protected from the elements such as rocks and the weather.
- Closed carrier – If you ship your vehicle this way, it will charge more because fewer automobiles can fit inside the carrier. Therefore your vehicle will be more protected. *NOTE—closed carriers are usually used for luxury and antique cars.
We recommend speaking with your auto transport company or broker and letting them know your concerns. They will help you determine which shipping mode will best take care of your vehicle shipping concerns.
What questions will the vehicle shipping company or brokers ask me to give an estimate to ship my car to or from Charlotte, NC?
Here are some of the questions an auto transport broker may ask you before they ship your car:
- Is there more than one vehicle being transported?
- What kind of transport do I want to use? Open carrier? Enclosed carrier?
- What type of vehicle is being transported?
- What are the locations for pickup and delivery?
- Is the car in working condition or inoperable?
- What is the mileage for the move?
- Do you need door to door OR terminal to terminal service?
- Is there anything challenging for the carrier about where the pickup or delivery location is?
How do I file a complaint against the company I used to transport my vehicle from Charlotte, NC?
First, we always recommend that you try and settle any dispute with the company by speaking with them directly. Filing an official complaint should be your last option.
If you’ve exhausted all other possibilities, you can file a complaint in North Carolina using the below useful links:
- With the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration’s National Consumer Complaint Database (FMCSA)
- With the Better Business Bureau (BBB), if they accredit the company you used.
- Lastly, with the North Carolina Attorney General’s Office Consumer Complaints
Can I track my car while it’s in transit to or from Charlotte, NC?
Yes, you can. Tracking the location of your vehicle is available in one of four ways:
- Receiving an update only if you ask for one
- Getting a periodic call or text from the company with an update
- Using the company’s online tracking system. When you contract with them, they will give you a tracking # that you can use to track the carrier when you want to
- Having a direct line to the driver if it’s a driver operator job.
Are there any special requirements I should know when preparing my vehicle for Charlotte car shipping?
When preparing your vehicle for Charlotte car shipping, there are a few special requirements that you should know:
1. Clean the vehicle: Before shipping your car, ensure it is thoroughly cleaned inside and outside. This is important as it allows for adequately inspecting the vehicle's condition before transportation.
2. Remove personal belongings: Remove all personal belongings from your vehicle, including any loose items or valuables. Car shipping companies typically do not take responsibility for any personal items left in the vehicle during transportation.
3. Document existing damage: Take photos of your vehicle from different angles to document any existing damage before shipping. This will serve as evidence in case any damage occurs during transportation.
4. Check for leaks and mechanical issues: Ensure there are no leaks or mechanical problems with your vehicle. It is recommended to have your car inspected by a mechanic before shipping to avoid any potential issues during transportation.
5. Disable alarms and immobilizers: If your vehicle has any alarms or immobilizers, disable them before shipping. This will prevent any accidental activation during transportation.
6. Check tire pressure and battery: Ensure that your tires are correctly inflated and the battery is fully charged before shipping. This will help load and unload and ensure your vehicle is ready to drive upon arrival.
7. Leave a quarter tank of gas: It is recommended to leave about a quarter tank of gas in your vehicle for transportation. This is enough fuel for loading and unloading purposes without adding unnecessary weight.
By following these special requirements, you can ensure a smooth and hassle-free car shipping experience to Charlotte.
Is there a peak season for Charlotte car shipping that I should avoid?
Yes, there is a peak season for Charlotte car shipping that you should try to avoid. The peak season for car shipping in Charlotte is typically during the summer, specifically from June to August. During this time, there is high demand for car transport services, which can lead to increased prices and longer wait times. Planning your car shipping outside peak season is recommended to secure better rates and faster delivery times.
How do I track my vehicle during the Charlotte car shipping process?
You can contact the car shipping company you hired to track your vehicle during the Charlotte car shipping process. They will provide you with a tracking number or a link to their online tracking system. This will allow you to monitor the progress of your vehicle's transportation and get real-time updates on its location. Some car shipping companies also offer mobile apps or customer portals where you can track your vehicle quickly.
Can I get insurance coverage for potential damages during Charlotte car shipping?
You can typically get insurance coverage for potential damages during Charlotte car shipping. Most car shipping companies offer insurance options to protect your vehicle against any damages that may occur during transportation. You must check with the specific car shipping company you choose to see what insurance options they offer and what their policies cover.
How can I find reliable companies for Charlotte car shipping?
To find reliable companies for Charlotte car shipping, you can follow these steps:
1. Research and gather a list of car shipping companies: Conduct online research and compile a list of car shipping companies operating in Charlotte, NC. Look for companies with positive reviews, a good reputation, and experience in the industry.
2. Check for licenses and certifications: Verify that the car shipping companies you are considering are licensed and insured. This ensures that they meet the legal requirements and have the necessary coverage in case of any damages or accidents during transportation.
3. Read customer reviews and testimonials: Look for reviews and testimonials from previous customers of the car shipping companies. This will give you insights into their level of service, reliability, and customer satisfaction. Websites like Yelp, Google, and the Better Business Bureau can be helpful resources for finding reviews.
4. Request quotes and compare prices: Contact the car shipping companies on your list and request quotes for your specific shipping needs. Compare the prices, services offered, and any additional fees or charges. Remember that the cheapest option may not always be the most reliable, so consider the overall value and reputation of the company.
5. Check for any complaints or issues: Research if there have been any complaints or issues filed against the car shipping companies you are considering. Websites like the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) and the Better Business Bureau can provide information on complaints or violations.
6. Ask for references: Ask the car shipping companies for references from previous customers who have shipped their vehicles to or from Charlotte. Contact these references to get firsthand information about their experiences with the company.
7. Verify the company's experience and expertise: Inquire about the company's experience in handling car shipping to or from Charlotte, NC. Ask about their knowledge of the local regulations, routes, and any specific challenges involved in the transportation process.
By following these steps and conducting thorough research, you can find reliable car shipping companies for your Charlotte car shipping needs.
Are there any specific regulations or guidelines for Charlotte car shipping?
Yes, there are specific regulations and guidelines for Charlotte car shipping. Some of the key rules and guidelines include:
1. Vehicle Registration: Before shipping your vehicle to or from Charlotte, ensure it is registered and has valid license plates.
2. Insurance: Car shipping companies must have insurance coverage for any damages that may occur during transportation. Make sure to check the insurance coverage provided by the company you choose.
3. Weight and Size Restrictions: There may be weight and size restrictions for vehicles transported in and out of Charlotte. Make sure your vehicle meets these restrictions to avoid any issues.
4. Documentation: You must provide certain documents, such as the vehicle's title and registration, to the car shipping company. Make sure to have these documents ready before shipping.
5. Special Permits: If you are shipping a larger or oversized vehicle, you may need special permits. Check with the car shipping company to see if any special permits are required for your vehicle.
6. Safety Inspections: Some states may require safety inspections for transporting vehicles. Make sure your vehicle meets all safety requirements before shipping.
It is essential to consult with the car shipping company and familiarize yourself with the specific regulations and guidelines for Charlotte car shipping to ensure a smooth and compliant transportation process.
How long does it typically take for Charlotte car shipping to deliver across the country?
The typical delivery time for car shipping from Charlotte across the country is 7-10 days. However, several factors can affect the shipping time, such as The distance of the shipment. The type of car shipping service (open or enclosed), The time of year (shipping during peak season can take longer), and The carrier's schedule.
If you need your car delivered sooner, you can choose an expedited shipping service, which typically takes 3-5 days. However, expedited shipping is more expensive.
What precautions should I take before handing my car to a Charlotte auto transport service?
Before handing your car to a Charlotte auto transport service, you should take the following precautions:
1. Remove personal belongings: Remove all personal belongings from your vehicle, including any loose items or valuables. Auto transport companies typically do not take responsibility for any personal items left in the car during transportation.
2. Document existing damage: Take photos of your vehicle from different angles to document any existing damage before handing it over to the auto transport service. This will serve as evidence in case any damage occurs during transportation.
3. Disable alarms and immobilizers: If your vehicle has any alarms or immobilizers, disable them before handing it over to the auto transport service. This will prevent any accidental activation during transportation.
4. Check for leaks and mechanical issues: Ensure there are no leaks or mechanical problems with your vehicle. It is recommended to have your car inspected by a mechanic before handing it over to avoid any potential issues during transportation.
5. Check tire pressure and battery: Ensure that your tires are correctly inflated, and the battery is fully charged before handing your car over to the auto transport service. This will help load and unload and ensure your vehicle is ready to drive upon arrival.
Taking these precautions can help ensure a smooth and hassle-free car shipping experience with a Charlotte auto transport service.