Safe And Reliable York County Motorcycle Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
Ever thought of visiting York County for your honeymoon? There exist amazing places and things to do in the city. After tying the knot, it is time to travel. Your other companion is your bike which you will ride around with your newly wedded spouse. You want to make it memorable for your significant other. Hauling your motorcycle to Virginia is not anxiety-filled while A-1 Auto Transport is up and running. We are that motorcycle shipping service that will make sure you have a blissful honeymoon. Secure and fast shipping, and excellent customer service is our endeavor.
Different methods we can use to ship your motorcycle
Having shipped thousands of motorcycles in a span of 20 years, we have handled all types of bikes including ATVs, Trikes, sports bikes, classics, and cruisers. We are aware that each bike needs a unique method.
- Door-to-door bike transportation – with this method our shippers will drive to your location to pick up the bike. After completing the paperwork, the bike is delivered to the stipulated location.
- Air freight method – some consignments such as racing bikes are urgently needed on the receiving end. Also, if you need your bike in another country within a few days and have the financial muscle, then you can consider this method.
- Open truck option – for quick shipments or deliveries to near locations such as neighboring cities, the open-air means is ideal. The motorcycle is strapped down on a flatbed truck and hauled to the specified location.
How to prepare your motorcycle for shipping
If you want your motorbike transported from York County to your new domicile, you will have to enter into business with a shipping service like A-1 Auto Transport. So as to have your bike shipped seamlessly, it is recommendable to get it ready for the transportation. Here are a few tasks a bike owner should do before the shippers pick the bike for hauling.
- Wash your bike until it’s squeaky clean and dry it. Dust, grime, or mud can conceal dings, or even discolorations. Washing the bike thoroughly will expose the existing damage.
- Disable the GPS and alarm systems.
- Do not gas up. Do not ship the bike with a full tank. Gasoline adds weight and causes risk to the cargo.
- Inspect for leaks. Before the shipper arrives, inspect the entire bike for fluid seepage. In any, get it repaired fast!
- Tire pressure is to be checked. Over-inflating or even under-inflating the tires can damage the tires while in transit. Ensure that there are no slow punctures, fix them if any.
What to look for in a motorcycle shipping company
Before you lose both your money and motorbike, there are a couple of things to consider when choosing a shipping company. Trusting someone with a Harley Davidson can be a stress-inducing situation. Reduce your worries greatly by taking time to research about what motorcycle shipping companies are offering. Afterwards you get to make informed choices.
- DOT certification – before signing a deal with a specific motorcycle hauling service, request for the US Department of Transport and Moto Carrier (MC) granted numbers. Most carriers will have theirs vividly published on their websites, on the trucks, or on the reception chamber in their premises.
- Licensing – the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administrations site is the ideal place to check for active licenses. Unlicensed movers cannot even secure motor carrier insurance. Hiring them means you are on the verge of getting your bike damaged and suffering lots of sleepless nights.
- Insurance coverage – legitimate motorcycle transport companies offer insurance policies that cover the bikes in transit. Ask about what the insurance covers so as to avoid fee surcharges or not getting compensation after a motorbike has been damaged.
Why you should use A-1 Auto Transport for your motorcycle shipping needs
Doing it alone seems attainable. Nevertheless, upon intense thinking, you will understand how useful we are. You will sit down and relax at home while we do the transportation. You don’t get exposed to bad weather or any other risky elements when riding out there unaccompanied.
- Many years’ experience. If eBay sanctions us as their chosen motorcycle transporter, why shouldn’t you? The 2 decades we have been reigning in the industry is sufficient evidence that superiority is incised in our genes.
- Our shipping equipment is durable and of high quality. We only use cutting-edge apparatus to transport your motorbike. The equipment is particularly invented for motorcycle transportation.
- Experienced drivers. Our trailer drivers are responsible for the efficient transportation of your bike from pickup to delivery.
Our York County motorcycle shipping services
Are you trapped at the plan staging of moving or going for holiday? A-1 Auto Transport is willing to give you a hand. Our expertise in the motorbike shipping business is second to none. Our consummate services include:
- Enclosed shipping.
- Open-air transportation.
- Door-to-door shipping.
- Crated transport services.
- Terminal-to-terminal shipping.
Talk to us!
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.