Deliver Your Car Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Wyoming
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call: 1-800-452-2880
Safe And Reliable Wyoming Car Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
Outdoor recreation is a common theme in Wyoming as well, where the views of the mountains and vast expanses of ranch lands make up much of the topography here. It is, in fact, the 2nd least densely populated state in the country, with much of it devoted to natural preserves and mountain lands. The foothills of the eastern Rockies are here, while the upper half of the state consists of the High Plains area that extends into the Dakotas. Visiting this state offers a chance to experience Yellowstone National Park, which is arguably the most popular national park, as well as Grand Teton National Park. For those looking to get outdoors, Wyoming is the place to do it. You can fish, hike, take guided tours, go horseback riding and much more in this state. It should also be noted that almost half of the entire state is owned by the federal government, which the U.S. directly controlling roughly 30 million acres of the state. Much of this is found in the state parks, but some of the land is simply preserved in its natural state, necessitating the need for the government to do so to avoid further development of some of these more pristine lands. This is part of why you can see some of the most beautiful wildlife in the country in this state. Refugees found in this state include Seedskadee National Wildlife Refuge, Saratoga Fish Hatchery, Jackson National Fish Hatchery and the National Elk Refuge.
There is also a significant Native American presence here, making it a culturally-interesting state as well. Many people travel to Wyoming to spend time on a dude ranch for a fun vacation experience. However, you will need a vehicle to from one place to the next, which is where Wyoming auto transport comes in handy and ensures that you can fully experience all that this state has to offer.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time In Transit|
|Cheyenne to Casper||$179||179 miles||1 – 2 days|
|Colorado to Wyoming||$394||394 miles||2 – 4 days|
|Cheyenne to Las Vegas NV||$629||839 miles||3 – 5 days|
|Texas to Wyoming||$630||1050 miles||4 – 6 days|
|Cheyenne to Los Angeles CA||$664||1106 miles||4 – 6 days|
|Portland OR to Cheyenne||$699||1165 miles||4 – 6 days|
|Wyoming to Nashville TN||$824||1373 miles||4 – 6 days|
|Ohio to Wyoming||$867||1445 miles||4 – 6 days|
|Wyoming to New York NY||$1156||1927 miles||5 – 7 days|
|Massachusetts to Wyoming||$1049||2098 miles||6 – 8 days|
|Miami FL to Cheyenne||$1050||2099 miles||6 – 8 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Using Wyoming Car Transport Companies
When you are looking to book Wyoming car transport services, keep a few key tips in mind.
- Prep your car for transport: Inspect your car carefully before handing over the keys to your vehicle and make sure you’ve taken out anything valuable from the vehicle before the transport begins.
- Choose your transport option depending on your car type: Most cars are fine with the more affordable open-air transport, but if you have a custom car, for example, then you might opt for enclosed transport or even a container option for temperature control. Ask about these options when booking your transport.
- Consider the weight of the vehicle: In some instances, the price of shipping is dependent on the weight of your vehicle at the time of transport. Not only should you take out as many of your personal effects as possible to make it light, but you might consider leaving just a little gas in the tank to make your car lighter as well.
Visit the Wyoming Department of Transportation website for more information on Wyoming and the plentiful opportunities in which it can offer those visiting or relocating to the state.
Services And Information
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Wyoming Auto Transport Companies Directory
Epic Auto Transport
Epic Auto Transport provides services in the Pine Bluffs area, as well as the greater Wyoming region.
927 East 10th Street, Pine Bluffs, WY
Hartz E&F Towing Recovery and Transport
This company provides both towing and transport services, depending on the need. Licensed, bonded and insured nationwide auto shippers with great BBB accredited customer reviews. Transports automobiles, vans, trucks, SUVs, motorcycles, boats and other heavy hauling with their open and enclosed auto transport carriers.
400 East 1st Street #203, Casper, WY
Vehicle Registration Procedures in Wyoming
In Wyoming, you should personally have your vehicle registered at your local treasurer’s office. Submit your car title, car insurance certificate, and pay the registration fees.
The additional registration requirements are listed below. They are applicable only for vehicles that are leased, bought from a car dealership, new to Wyoming, and vehicles that weigh more than the weight of a standard car.
All drivers are required by the WY DOT to have their vehicles registered and to drive them with a registration certificate in their possession. The registration of vehicle must be done personally at the local treasurer’s office. Registration by mail, by phone, or online is not allowed.
New WY resident?
The state requires new Wyoming residents to have their vehicles registered immediately after they have established their residency. You are a resident in WY if one of the listed requirements below are met:
- You’re employed in the state and rent or own a house.
- If you have a current fishing or a resident hunting license.
- If you filed for a homestead exemption.
- If you filed for an active duty military exemption.
- If you live in the state for 4 months or more.
You can visit the treasurer’s office for the registration of your vehicle once you have fulfilled the WY residency requirements. Refer to the “Car Registration in Wyoming” section below for more information.
Temporary Registration for Workers
You must get a temporary vehicle registration if you are working in the state for no more than 4 months. Application for registration with the WY treasurer’s office must be done in person.
The fee for a temporary registration is $50 and it is accessible on a monthly basis.
Exemptions for temporary permits
An application for a temporary permit is not required if:
- You are commuting to work in WY but live in a nearby state.
- You are attending a college or university in WY on a full time basis.
Still, you must maintain your own state vehicle registration valid and current.
The WY DOT provides in transit permits valid for 2 days. This permit allows you to have your vehicle transported from another state to Wyoming. You should present your car insurance certificate and other paperwork to the local treasurer’s office.
Car Registration in Wyoming
Go to your local treasurer’s office for the registration of your vehicle and present the following:
- A photocopy of your car title/title number.
- Your current home state vehicle registration (if required).
- Car insurance certificate.
- VIN (for financed or leased vehicles).
- A photocopy of the proof of purchase from the dealer, if your car was purchased from a car dealership.
- Your vehicle lease agreement (when needed).
- A completed MV-300A Form.
- A vehicle weight slip, for the registration of the following vehicles:
- Trailers, living quarters horse trailers or tow behind campers.
- Motor homes.
- Pick-up trucks.
- You must pay the taxes and fees required by the state and county.
Vehicle Registration for Non-Residents and Military Members
Military members are contingent on different procedures based on their residency, whether the member is a WY resident or from another state.
- Military members (Wyoming residents): If you are a Wyoming military resident based in the state, you can register your vehicle with the DMV. Refer to the “Car Registration in Wyoming” section above for the steps.
- Military members (non-residents): The registration of vehicles in WY for military members from outside of the state based in WY is not necessary. However, they must maintain their home state vehicle registration and insurance current and valid.
You may be exempted of your taxes if you:
- Follow the methods mentioned above, in the “Car Registration in Wyoming”
- Provide your current LES.
- Fill out a PT-471 Form.
Fees for the Registration of Vehicles
For vehicle registrations, both a state and a county fee is charged by the WY Department of Motor Vehicles.
- 60%: 1st
- 50%: 2nd
- 40%: 3rd
- 30%: 4th
- 20%: 5th
- 15%: 6th
Car registration fees in WY are the following:
- $30 for passenger vehicles.
- $2 up to $60 for trailers and trucks.
- $25 for motorcycles.
- $30 fro campers.
- $50/month fee for temporary car registration.
Get in touch with your local treasurer’s office for specific fee information.
Other Wyoming Resources
Wyoming.gov – official government website for the state of Wyoming.
Wyoming Wikipedia Page – everything you need to know about the state of Wyoming.
University Of Wyoming – Nestled between two mountain ranges in southeastern Wyoming, UW offers varied academic and lifestyle opportunities including year-round cultural and recreational activities. Located in Laramie, a town of more than 30,800 with a unique blend of sophistication and western hospitality, UW draws over 13,000 students from all 50 states and more than 90 countries. Recognized as 5th in America’s Best College Buys, UW offers 197 areas of study, a small student /faculty ratio, and renowned faculty, and is among the nation’s top universities ranked by U.S. News & World Report and Forbes. As a nationally recognized research institution, UW’s global impact begins at our very own doorstep with innovative undergraduate and graduate research opportunities. UW provides an environment for success.
Wyoming On Craigslist – local classifieds and forums for jobs, housing, for sale, personals, services, local community, and events.
Reviews from Customers in Wyoming
A1 Auto Transport is a very customer centered company. They spare no effort for their clients.
I called them a couple months ago to pick up my car from Wyoming and deliver it in Washington. Joe was very reassuring and patient. He listened to my every request and answered all my questions.
When I asked for the pickup to happen between 1 and 3 pm during a weekday, since I was caught up in work otherwise, he gave it some thought, told me to wait a few minutes while he checked if it was possible, then found a way and made it happen. Excellent!!
If you’re looking for a smooth, professional, service to ship your car, then A1 Auto Transport is what you’re looking for.- Jessie C.
How to start? A1 Auto Transport is a blessing! Joe is a gentleman!
A couple days ago, I was getting ready to move to Wyoming. I looked everywhere for a good auto transport company, but their reviews were just terrible. It felt like I was going nowhere and would be stuck driving the car myself or having to sell it.
Finally and thankfully, I came across A1 Auto Transport. Most reviews were very positive, so I took a chance on them. Joe spent half an hour explaining the whole shipping process, to the point where I truly understood what to expect and what I needed to do. He covered the legal aspects and the quotes, and whenever I didn’t understand something, he took the time to explain and clarify it.
On a Wednesday, the truck arrived at a location nearby (where it would fit), and I sent my car on its way. The driver inspected it and took several photographs. He made it feel like standard procedure, so I simply observed. He took note of the eventual dents and scratches, in case I’d try to sue the company for damages he didn’t cause (not that I planned to).
The time estimate for my vehicle’s arrival was 7 to 10 days. It arrived on the 8th in the exact same condition it left. Thank you A1 Auto Transport for a job well done! You’ve kept your promise, and I couldn’t be happier. If anybody I know ever needs to ship a car, I’ll refer you immediately, and I hope this review helps you get many more clients.- Alex R.
Auto Transport Services in Wyoming
- Albany County
- Big Horn County
- Campbell County
- Carbon County
- Converse County
- Fremont County
- Goshen County
- Green River
- Laramie County
- Lincoln County
- Natrona County
- Park County
- Rock Springs
- Sheridan County
- Sublette County
- Sweetwater County
- Teton County
- Uinta County