Anyone planning a trip to California should consider putting Ukiah on the bucket list. It is a perfect getaway for snowbirds owing to a constant supply of sunshine throughout the year. You can add all that to a special blend of culture, hospitality, and economic opportunity to complete reasons why you should pay this region a visit. For permanent or extended stays, A-1 Auto Transport will give you affordable options for shipping cars to or from Ukiah.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time In Transit|
|Ukiah to Los Angeles||$489||489 miles||2 - 4 days|
|Ukiah to Helena||$655||1092 miles||4 - 6 days|
|Denver to Ukiah||$765||1275 miles||4 - 6 days|
|Chicago to Ukiah||$1077||2155 miles||6 - 8 days|
|Ukiah to Kansas City||$1097||1829 miles||5 - 7 days|
|Ukiah to San Antonio||$1104||1840 miles||5 - 7 days|
|New York to Ukiah||$1174||2936 miles||7 - 9 days|
|Miami Beach to Ukiah||$1290||3226 miles||7 - 9 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Areas covered in Ukiah
Our presence cuts across every region in the U.S. We can deliver vehicles from anywhere in the world to any part of the city and back.
Transport services offered in Ukiah
We have plane and boat transport options, which you can choose to send your vehicle to any overseas destination. We usually reserve air transport for expensive cars due to the high costs. The cost to ship might vary depending on the handling standards.
- The roll-on/roll-off (RoRo) standard is one of the most affordable options. Rolling describes the method used to load and unload the vehicles, which involves driving those that can run as we wheel the rest on special trolleys.
- Containerized shipping and cratedtransport help in securing high-end automobiles and motorcycles. You can opt for a shared or dedicated container.
The enclosed shipping option offers added safety for vehicles that travel through unpredictable weather and other roadside hazards. Our trucks include other special features like hydraulic lift gates and air-compressed suspension systems to secure the transit and handling processes.
Considered one of the cheapest ways of shipping cars to or from Ukiah, open-air transport offers the quickest means to receive your vehicle. We will place it on one of our exposed trucks, which cuts down the costs by carrying as many as 8-10 vehicles at once.
You can choose any delivery mode that you find convenient from the following options:
- When you opt for door-to-door shipping, we will fetch and deliver the vehicle to your home or office.
- When you choose terminal shipping, we will work out the nearest drop-off or collection depot in your state.
Types of cars that we ship
At A-1 Auto Transport, we will give you the right moving solution regardless of the shape, size, or type of automobile that you have. The following are some of the vehicles that we move regularly.
- Classic and antique cars
- Boats and yachts
- Electric cars & hybrids
- Freight equipment
- Golf carts
- Salvage and inoperable vehicles
How to prepare a car for shipping
- Try to keep the vehicle in running shape by doing proper maintenance on the battery, tire pressure, and fluid systems. Report any mechanical problems in advance so that the transporter can prepare the right equipment.
- Wash the vehicle to expose the hidden imperfections. Run a pre-shipping inspection, noting down the chips, dents, and scratches on the body.
- Take dated photographs of all sides of the vehicle and keep them as part of the inspection report. You transporter should acknowledge the records on the Bill of Lading.
- Federal regulations demand that you remove all the personal and household goods kept in the vehicle. The list also includes custom stereos, GPS, DVD players, parking passes, and radar detectors.
- Run down the gas to about 1/4 of the tank to keep down the weight level and increase vehicle safety.
- Detach or cover any loose parts on the exterior. Spoilers, roof racks, and other custom fittings should not travel as part of the car. Fold in the side view mirrors and retract the antenna.
- Disable the alarm system. Leave instructions on how the driver can turn it off if you fail to disable it.
- Deactivate the toll tags to stop them from running unnecessary charges as the vehicle travels across the highway.
- Find the relevant regulations on shipping cars to or from Ukiah from the local chapter of the Department of Transportation (DOT).
About A-1 Auto Transport
We have one of the largest car shipping services in the region. Our networks run through extensive parts of the U.S. and many worldwide destinations. Here are some of the things that keep us going after more than 20 years of inception.
- Our customers: Your feedback means a lot to us, which is why we always strive to meet and exceed your expectations
- Our team: We are a team of brilliant and dedicated professionals covering every aspect of our service, from the back office to those who go behind the wheel
Get free shipping quotes!
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.