Whether you’re moving, purchased the car from an online auto auction or dealer, or are sending it to a friend, there are many reasons why you may choose to transport your car to another state. However, since you won’t be physically driving it yourself, it can be a bit more complicated, especially if you have never hired an auto transport company before. Don’t stress though. It’s actually quite an easy process to have your car transported without any issues. A-1 Auto Transport has a wealth of experience in doing so.
Keep these guidelines in mind:
- Make sure to shop around and chose a reputable auto transport broker or carrier. Visit the Better Business Bureau’s website at www.bbb.org to see if the company provides good service or not.
- Contact the company directly and obtain a shipping quote. Many auto transport companies can provide you with an instant quote online. While this quote is derived from a special algorithm based on the information that you provide, it should only serve as a rough guide. The better solution is to always contact the company directly and to speak with a representative.
- Provide the company with the pick-up and drop-off addresses and chose whether you want door-to-door delivery or terminal-to-terminal delivery. Where you live and the type of delivery service that you want will all affect the price. You should include all of your details, including any special requests that you may have.
- Make sure to prepare your vehicle properly so that there aren’t any delays or extra fees incurred during the shipping process. Ask the auto transport company for guidelines on how to prepare your car.
- Only after you are completely satisfied and have reviewed everything should you send them any form of payment. Always pay through credit card or debit card, rather than providing them with any bank details.
- Acquire the details and confirmation from the auto transport company, including the information about the driver and the tracking information so that you can track your car in real time almost.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Stay in Contact
Once your car has been picked up from an agreed upon location, you should be able to get in contact with the driver or the auto transport company at any time to see where your vehicle is. Many companies also offer tracking services that allow you to log-on online and view how far it has traveled, as well as see an updated arrival time.
Your driver should contact you at least an hour before the original pick-up of your car takes place. He or she will provide you with an inspection report and a copy of all of the necessary documents.
Just as with the pick-up, at least an hour before delivery, the driver should get in contact with you to inform you about its impending arrival. When the vehicle is delivered, another inspection should incur for insurance purposes, in which all of the relevant forms will then be filled out completely and any final payments are made.
*For insurance purposes, always remember to fully document your car’s appearance during the pick-up and the delivery stages. You want to have visual documentation as well, so take plenty of photos. Don’t rely just on the driver to make the inspection.
So there you have it. To transport your car to another state, give A-1 Auto Transport a call, and we can get you started right away!
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory