How to Ship Scissor Lifts
Since scissor lifts are deemed as heavy equipment due to their large size and heavier weight, they are too difficult to ship by any means other than the proper transport equipment and haulers.
Hiring a transport company to ship your scissor lift isn’t a process that should be rushed, especially if you must use these shipping services often to get your scissor lift from work site to work site. You’ll want to make sure you hire a trust worthy shipping company with heavy equipment shipping experience and all of the right tools.
Scissor Lift Hauling & Shipping
Whether you’re in the construction industry, the utility industry, oil & gas or any other industry that regularly requires you to work with scissor lifts, A-1 Auto Transport is here to help you simplify the logistics of shipping your lifts to new job sites, warehouses, industrial plants and other such destinations.
If you’ve been Googling and searching website for “scissor lift haulers and shippers near me,” you’ve come to the right place. We handle construction equipment and heavy machinery of all sizes, types and styles – including scissor lifts.
With reasonable prices, partial load shipping options and guaranteed delivery dates, we make it easy to ship scissor lifts all throughout the United States. You can trust A-1 Auto Transport whether you want to send your scissor lift to the neighboring county or state, or across the entire country.
Scissor Lift Haulers And Shippers Near You
Wondering why you should choose A-1 Auto Transport if you’ve been looking for “Scissor lift haulers and shippers near me?” There are a few reasons that we’re the best choice for shipping your essential construction and maintenance equipment, such as scissor lifts.
First and foremost, we’re dedicated to guaranteed delivery dates. We know that the timely delivery of heavy equipment such as scissor lifts is essential for you to meet your project deadlines, and ensure that your business can operate smoothly. By eliminating shipment delays and guaranteeing delivery dates, we give you peace of mind – allowing you to focus on your business.
We’re also experienced in the shipping and hauling of heavy equipment of all shapes and sizes. We don’t just haul scissor lifts, but also have experience hauling forklifts, skid loaders, cranes and so much more – you name it, and we’ve shipped it. You can trust us to take care of your equipment.
Finally, we offer reasonable rates for our transportation services – and even offer partial load shipping to help you save even more when shipping scissor lifts.
How Much Will It Cost To Ship Scissor Lifts?
There are a number of different things that impact the cost of shipping a scissor lift. Here are a few of the factors that will influence the price of shipping your lift.
- Dimensions & size – The larger and bulkier your scissor lift is, the more it will cost to ship due to heavier weight, complexity when securing the load, and other such factors. In contrast, smaller scissor lifts can be shipped for a lower rate.
- Weight – During shipping, weight influences fuel consumption, the difficulty of loading and unloading your scissor lift, and a number of other things. The heavier your load is, the more expensive it will be to transport.
- Full or partial load – For larger scissor lifts, you may need full-load shipping. In other words, your scissor lift will be the only object we’re transporting. Naturally, this is more expensive. However, some scissor lifts may be small and light enough to send them as partial loads. We’ll load our truck with your scissor lift and some other equipment that’s being sent near your destination. By combining shipments with other companies using our partial truckload shipping, you can save a lot of money.
- Required delivery date – The sooner you need your scissor lift shipped, the more you’ll pay. Rush delivery fees and other costs are common when you need rapid shipping for your equipment – so we recommend planning in advance to avoid these costs.
- Total shipping distance – As you may expect, the cost of shipping a scissor lift from coast-to-coast is much higher than the cost of shipping it to a local job site or your neighboring state. Counter-intuitively, though, the price-per-mile of long-haul shipping is lower, compared to short-haul shipping, due to economies of scale.
- Open-air or container shipping – Open-air shipping is the cheapest way to ship your scissor lift. It will be loaded onto a flatbed trailer, secured in place, and then sent to its destination – but it will be exposed to the elements. Container shipping is usually a bit more expensive. Your scissor lift will be loaded into a standard 40-foot trailer, which will protect it from the elements while it’s in transit.
If you’d like to learn more about the cost of shipping a scissor lift or are ready to get a quote, you can contact the team at A-1 Auto Transport now.
The Advantages of Hiring a Professional Transport Company
- Believe it or not- you’ll save money by hiring professionals for the transport especially if you’re a frequent customer
- Experienced, reputable transporters have the latest shipping equipment and technology to assure a safer, less risky delivery
- By law, licensed transport companies are required to carry the minimum amount of insurance coverage
- The process of delivery is much faster and efficient
- You’re presented to more shipping options and services such as door to door delivery and expedited services
- Free satellite tracking services can be accessed through any Wi-Fi enabled device to let you keep track of your scissor lift’s whereabouts during the delivery process
- If shipping overseas, the transport company will help you comply with the foreign import policies so that the vehicle is approved by Customs
- Customer service reps and transport professionals will be at your side throughout the entire process of shipping if you have any concerns
There are many benefits to hiring shipping services through professional transporters for the delivery of your scissor lift. They will take great care of it, ensuring its safety and getting it delivered in a time efficient manner.
Contact A-1 Auto Transport For Scissor Lift Hauling And Shipping Nationwide
Whether you’re shipping a single scissor lift to a nearby job site, or you need to haul multiple large scissor lifts across the country, A-1 Auto Transport is always here to help. No job is too big or too small – so contact us online now to get a quote, or give us a call at (800) 452-2880 to get started.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - firstname.lastname@example.org