- How To Ship Scissor Lifts
- Scissor Lift Hauling & Shipping
- Scissor Lift Haulers And Shippers Near You
- How Much Will It Cost To Ship Scissor Lifts?
- The Advantages Of Hiring A Professional Transport Company
- Contact A-1 Auto Transport For Scissor Lift Hauling And Shipping Nationwide
How to Ship Scissor Lifts
Since scissor lifts are deemed as heavy equipment due to their large size and heavier weight, they are too difficult to ship by any means other than the proper transport equipment and haulers.
Hiring a transport company to ship your scissors lift isn't a process that should be rushed, especially if you must use these shipping services often to get your scissor lift from work site to work site. You'll want to make sure you hire a trustworthy shipping company with heavy equipment shipping experience and all of the right tools.
Scissor Lift Hauling & Shipping
Whether you're in the construction industry, the utility industry, oil & gas or any other industry that regularly requires you to work with scissor lifts, A-1 Auto Transport is here to help you simplify the logistics of shipping your lifts to new job sites, warehouses, industrial plants, and other such destinations.
If you've been Googling and searching website for “scissor lift haulers and shippers near me,” you've come to the right place. As one of the best towing services out there, we've handled construction equipment and heavy machinery of all sizes, types, and styles – including scissor lifts.
With reasonable prices, partial load shipping options, and guaranteed delivery dates, we make it easy to ship scissor lifts all throughout the United States. You can trust A-1 Auto Transport whether you want to send your scissor lift to the neighboring county or state, or across the entire country.
Scissor Lift Haulers And Shippers Near You
Wondering why you should choose A-1 Auto Transport if you've been looking for “Scissor lift haulers and shippers near me?” There are a few reasons that we're the best choice for shipping your essential construction and maintenance equipment, such as scissor lifts.
First and foremost, we're dedicated to guaranteed delivery dates. We know that the timely delivery of heavy equipment such as scissor lifts is essential for you to meet your project deadlines, and ensure that your business can operate smoothly. By eliminating shipment delays and guaranteeing delivery dates, we give you peace of mind – allowing you to focus on your business.
We're also experienced in the shipping and hauling of heavy equipment of all shapes and sizes. We don't just haul scissor lifts, but also have experience hauling forklifts, skid loaders, cranes and so much more – you name it, and we've shipped it. You can trust us to take care of your equipment.
Finally, we offer reasonable rates for our transportation services – and even offer partial load shipping to help you save even more when shipping scissor lifts.
How Much Will It Cost To Ship Scissor Lifts?
There are a number of different things that impact the cost of shipping a scissor lift. Here are a few of the factors that will influence the price of shipping your lift.
- Dimensions & size – The larger and bulkier your scissor lift is, the more it will cost to ship due to heavier weight, complexity when securing the load, and other such factors. In contrast, smaller scissor lifts can be shipped for a lower rate.
- Weight – During shipping, weight influences fuel consumption, the difficulty of loading and unloading your scissor lift, and a number of other things. The heavier your load is, the more expensive it will be to transport. Every shipping equipment has a max weight of load they allow so the weight of your equipment will determine the best trailer suited to haul it.
- Full or partial load – For larger scissor lifts, you may need full-load shipping. In other words, your scissor lift will be the only object we're transporting. Naturally, this is more expensive. However, some scissor lifts may be small and light enough to send them as partial loads. We'll load our truck with your scissor lift and some other equipment that's being sent near your destination. By combining shipments with other companies using our partial truckload shipping, you can save a lot of money.
- Required delivery date – The sooner you need your scissor lift shipped, the more you'll pay. Rush delivery fees and other costs are common when you need rapid shipping for your equipment – so we recommend planning in advance to avoid these costs.
- Total shipping distance – As you may expect, the cost of shipping a scissor lift from coast-to-coast is much higher than the cost of shipping it to a local job site or your neighboring state. Counter-intuitively, though, the price-per-mile of long-haul shipping is lower, compared to short-haul shipping, due to economies of scale.
- Open-air or container shipping – Open-air shipping is the cheapest way to ship your scissor lift. It will be loaded onto a flatbed trailer, secured in place, and then sent to its destination – but it will be exposed to the elements. Container shipping is usually a bit more expensive. Your scissor lift will be loaded into a standard 40-foot trailer, which will protect it from the elements while it's in transit.
If you'd like to learn more about the cost of shipping a scissor lift or are ready to get a quote, you can contact the team at A-1 Auto Transport now.
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Heavy Equipment Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
The Advantages of Hiring a Professional Transport Company
- Believe it or not- you'll save money by hiring professionals for the transport especially if you're a frequent customer
- Experienced, reputable transporters have the latest shipping equipment and technology to assure a safer, less risky delivery
- By law, licensed transport companies are required to carry the minimum amount of insurance coverage
- The process of delivery is much faster and efficient
- You're presented to more shipping options and services such as door to door delivery and expedited services
- Free satellite tracking services can be accessed through any Wi-Fi enabled device to let you keep track of your scissor lift's whereabouts during the delivery process
- If shipping overseas, the transport company will help you comply with the foreign import policies so that the vehicle is approved by Customs
- Customer service reps and transport professionals will be at your side throughout the entire process of shipping if you have any concerns
There are many benefits to hiring shipping services through professional transporters for the delivery of your scissor lift. They will take great care of it, ensuring its safety and getting it delivered in a time efficient manner.
Contact A-1 Auto Transport For Scissor Lift Hauling And Shipping Nationwide
Whether you're shipping a single scissor lift to a nearby job site, or you need to haul multiple large scissor lifts across the country, A-1 Auto Transport is always here to help. No job is too big or too small – so contact us online now to get a quote, or give us a call at (888) 230-9116 to get started.
Frequently Asked Questions
Transportation expenses increase with increasing distance. The cost per mile, which might be high or low depending on the region and roads, also affects the pricing.
The amount of fuel a truck uses is also important because you will be charged more if it uses more fuel due to traffic. The truck's fuel consumption is the second most important component and impacts many smaller factors.
The distance is another factor in addition to fuel. Both are included when a business determines the price per mile. It could be as much as $5 or just $1.
A scissor lift can weigh as little as 1600 pounds or 18,000 pounds. This means that the best option is a simple flatbed trailer. It might seem like these are overused, but it's because of how easy they are to navigate.
A flatbed trailer has no boundaries, which eliminates the problem of having to accommodate the trailer, but a scissor lift also has perfect dimensions that won’t hinder the transportation process. The weight is well under the limit for oversized loads, which is 46,000 pounds.
A flatbed trailer that can take 20,000 pounds is usually 25 feet long, while the scissor lift is around 19 feet long, which means the length isn't an issue either. All in all, the process is quite simple.
Although distance plays a significant role in how long it takes to transport a package, a business must also consider other considerations.
The first is that the area will affect how long it takes a company to deliver your mower to you, even if the distance between the two locations is similar. This is because the machinery will get to you faster on better, wider roads.
On the other hand, poor or congested roads force the driver to travel more slowly, which inevitably lengthens the time it takes for him to get to you. As a result, the entire shipment time is considerably impacted by the roads.
Naturally, you may also pay for quicker shipping, in which case the transport company will modify its timetable to suit your needs. Still, expedited shipping is worth it in a pinch.
It isn't possible to drive a scissor lift to a new location since it's designed to take people up, not across. But people might want to rent a trailer and try to drive it themselves. We’re here to tell you that it's always better if you hire a proper transport company instead.
The first reason is that the process might seem simple, but there are small steps that a company is more equipped to handle than a layperson. For instance, it's simply impossible to load, secure and drive the carrier with the scissor lift perfectly unless you have experience.
Just remember to choose your company carefully because while it’s not an extremely heavy piece of equipment, it’s still something that must be handled with care.
Hiring a shipping company may seem like an easy task for some. But getting scammed is commonplace in these situations.
Most people would automatically go for the top companies offering services; while this is an effective method, it is far from foolproof.
If you want to ensure the safety of your scissor, lift then remember to go through the reviews and testimonies of their previous customers. This helps you weigh the pros and cons of each company and tells you what to consider.
Also, if the reviews bring up any questions, you can ask them ahead of time rather than inconveniencing everyone involved if you realize you don't like a part of their services after hiring them.
If you want to transport your scissor lift over long distances on land rather than shipping it, you have two main options; terminal-to-terminal shipping and door-to-door shipping.
Despite being much cheaper terminal-to-terminal shipping is relatively less popular. This is because the company will transport your scissor lift to a terminal, and from there, it's your responsibility to pick it up, meaning you will have to hire a trailer and driver all over again.
As indicated in its name, door-to-door brings your equipment straight to your doorstep or your specified destination if you have provided any to your shipping company.
Though it's a bit more expensive than the other option, if we consider the final cost, there isn't too much difference, and this method is much more convenient.
It will be pretty expensive. The overall cost is hard to specify as it depends on multiple factors.
First and foremost, the lighter your lift, the less the transportation will cost. This is because weight affects fuel efficiency, and heavier objects add up the maximum weight a driver can haul.
Size also affects the overall cost because more oversized objects take up more space. As a result, the carriers won't be able to take up more customers and hence will need to account for the deficit somehow.
The most important factor is distance. The further you need your lift transported, the more it will cost.
If you're transporting your scissor lift long distances, you should consider open transport. This method is ideal for the transportation of equipment. It involves loading the scissors lift onto a flatbed trailer and securing it. Flatbeds are extremely common in open transport as they quickly load on and off. They can also carry large weights efficiently and take the cargo to its destination as soon as possible.
If you want your scissor lift transported overseas, container shipping is another option. It may be safer than open air, but the cost is also much higher.
In container shipping, the loaders place equipment in a large shipping trailer. This protects it from weather and debris and ensures it avoids contact with people.