How to Ship Cars Overseas from the USA
There is absolutely no doubt about it, overseas car shipping services out of the U.S. is beneficial and cost effective. In actuality, shipping a car through auto transport professionals is the only way to get a car from the coast of the U.S., into another nation. The experts will care for your car as if it were their own using the right equipment and safety precautions learned, as long as you hire the most dependable car shipping services around. Luckily, it is easy to find a reliable transporter when you use the Internet to find international car shipping services near you.
What You Can Expect with International Car Shipping Companies
- The mileage and condition of your vehicle is protected by the highest quality shipping equipment and the care of trained employees.
- All cars are protected by insurance coverage offered through the transporter. State law requires that transporters provide at least the minimal amount of protection as set by the state itself. If you want more coverage, ask to purchase additional insurance through the auto carrier.
- You will have a variety of shipping options and the carrier’s customer service reps should have the ability to customize your transport services.
- International transport companies are familiar with foreign import policies, tax rates and how to comply with all the requirements for a lawful overseas transport out of the U.S.
- Shipping services are cost effective and reasonably priced.
- You can ship your car and other belongings through a transporter with their enclosed transport services.
- There is less risk involved with the delivery if you hire qualified transport specialists.
- Better prepare for the relocation and use your time more freely when you let a transport company deal with the car’s overseas shipping process.
Perhaps the greatest advantage of hiring an overseas auto carrier is their knowledge of foreign import laws and their ability to comply. Dealing with other foreign laws is extremely confusing and often too time consuming for most customers. The auto carrier will see you through the entire process of the vehicle’s relocation. Call the embassy for the country before the shipping process begins. This will help you learn more of the foreign import policy in place at that time. They can also provide you with the right tax and duty percentage rates.
Preparing for Your Car’s Transport out of the USA
- Contact the embassy right after you schedule the transport to take place.
- Gather all documents that are required as proof by Customs. Your license, passport, proof of paid tariffs, vehicle title and registration, and proof of residency are all common forms demanded by a foreign country. It doesn’t usually end there.
- Before the scheduled transport, start preparing the car. To ensure the safety of the vehicle and those caring for its transport, the car must be cleaned, inspected, emptied and maintained properly. This includes checking the vehicle’s fluids. The fuel tank should read less than ¼ full.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.