- Mini Excavator Transport Services
- Cost Shipping Factors For Mini Excavator
- What To Look For In A Heavy Equipment Shipping Company
- Preparing Your Mini Excavator For Shipping
- Let Us Handle Your Mini Excavator Shipping
Mini Excavator Transport Services
The cost of shipping a Mini Excavator depends on various factors such as size and dimension, total distance, weight, shipping deadline, and transportation method.
At A-1 Auto Transport, we're the best choice if you're looking for “mini excavator shippers near me.” We've been in business for decades and are experts at handling and shipping all heavy-duty machinery and equipment, including mini excavators.
Cost Shipping Factors for Mini Excavator
Since every mini excavator shipping and hauling operation is unique, we can only provide you with an exact quote once we know more about the size of the mini excavator being delivered, its destination, the shipment deadline, and other relevant information. However, a few factors typically have the most impact on the price of shipping your mini excavator.
- Size (Dimension): The size of the heavy-duty mini excavator or compact excavator you are planning to transport to another location affects the shipping cost. Shipping large mini excavators cost more than when you are transporting a smaller one. For instance, the cost of shipping a heavy-duty mini excavator or hydraulic excavator will be a bit higher because it qualifies as an oversized load.
- Weight: The cost of shipping mini excavators will also depend on the item's weight. Lightweight equipment is easier to secure, load, and transport than heavier equipment like mini excavators, which may need to be disassembled into smaller sections and may require many trucks to ship.
- Distance: Since shipping costs are often calculated per mile traveled, transporting mini excavators over long distances will cost significantly more than transporting them over short distances. However, even though the cost would be far cheaper overall, you will pay more per mile for short distances than long ones.
- Domestic or Overseas: Mini excavators must be transported on a cargo ship , and transporting them overseas is far more complex and challenging than shipping them domestically. As a result, the total process of shipping abroad is considerably more expensive.
- Delivery Deadline: If you need expedited shipping for your mini excavator, the cost will be higher than it would be if there were no time constraints. Planning ahead can help you get the best price and give your equipment plenty of time to arrive.
What to Look for in a Heavy Equipment Shipping Company
Here are some of the qualities to consider when finding the best shipping services.
- They must have a track record of success in the transportation sector.
- They should have skilled and licensed personnel.
- They should be covered by at least the bare minimum of insurance available.
- BBB approval and DOT certification are requirements for the company.
- They should offer a range of shipping options and features to satisfy your expectations.
Preparing Your Mini Excavator for Shipping
There are preparation criteria that must be met. Unfortunately, these requirements often stay the same.
- Make sure to clean the mini excavator before delivering it thoroughly.
- Remove any hazardous material from the mini excavator. Among them are fuel, oil, etc.
- Make a list of any damages your mini excavator has experienced. Before the transport, take pictures of the inside and outside to document the condition.
- All required paperwork should be available.
Let Us Handle Your Mini Excavator Shipping
In terms of shipping mini excavators and hydraulic excavators, we are the best. Call us at (888) 230-9116 or message us on our website to learn more about our shipping services.
Frequently Asked Questions
Apart from apparent tips like scams, you must pay attention to reviews on third-party sites to check if the company is legitimate. Unfortunately , it's easy to fake a website these days.
You should also check that the company has the necessary equipment to transport your load safely.
Finally, check their customer service to ensure you feel comfortable with their representatives, and you can ask them questions whenever an issue arises.
A flatbed trailer is perfect for transporting the excavator because it's built to carry average weights and can easily accommodate different shapes. In addition, an excavator has a simple, square shape that's easy for loaders to handle.
Since a flatbed trailer also has a simple shape , loading most equipment onto it is easy.
The company can load it onto the flatbed with a ramp, and since it's not too wide, personnel don't need to pay special attention to balance. The main chassis is then secured using chains, and the number they use depends on the size. They'll utilize at least six of them if it's longer.
Professionals use a mini excavator in places where it gathers a lot of dirt and grime, so the preparation stage is crucial. You'll need to hire a professional cleaning team to clean the excavator inside, ensuring no marks are left on it.
This step is crucial if you're transporting your excavator overseas because of the sensitive environments some countries, like New Zealand, maintain. If Customs finds anything on the excavator during the inspection, they'll send it to a cleaning facility, and you'll have to pay extra charges.
You must also empty the excavator's fuel tank until it's at least 1/4th capacity and unplug any wires or batteries it might have so it doesn't turn on during the journey.
Usually, yes, because it doesn't go over any regulations set by states in the USA. Most states have different numbers, but the minimum limits are usually 8.5 feet for width, 48 to 53 feet for length, and 13.5 feet for height. So, anything over 46000 pounds is an oversized load.
However, a mini excavator, similar to a compact excavator (often the same thing), only weighs an average of 13000 pounds. And since it's a maximum of 6 feet wide, it isn't considered a wide load.
These dimensions simplify transporting a mini excavator since no permits are involved. If you select a suitable company, you'll only need to submit basic documents and relax.