All aboard! Many people don’t know that they have another option when shipping their car or motorcycle—trains. Though it’s more expensive than traditional auto transport, trains offer a number of significant advantages.
- Shipping A Car By Rail is Quicker - Trains often have a more direct path, and fewer obstructions, than roads do. This can allow for significantly quicker transport of your vehicle to your new home or event. Car shipping trucks are extremely large and therefore are restricted to very specific paths on interstates, which can increase the amount of time spent on the road. If you ship your car by rail, these problems are alleviated.
- Train Auto Transport Is Safer - Train accidents are extremely rare, so if you are a risk-averse person, shipping your car by rail may be the method for you. Car shipping companies pay a lot for insurance, simply because of the high-frequency of auto accidents.
- Vehicle Transport By Rail is Easier - Auto shipping companies love shipping car by rail because there are really only two significant chunks of work—loading the car, and off-loading the car. Other than that, you can rest assured that your car or motorcycle is safe and secure.
If you’re considering shipping your car by rail, we can help! Get your free quote today.
Related Information & FAQ
- Shipping your car via Amtrak
- Transporting a vehicle by train with professional shipping companies
- Can I ship my car by train? (Readers question answered)
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.