Shipping your vehicle via Amtrak is quite a unique method of transport, but far from unheard of. It is usually utilized by those on the east coast (most often by snowbirds) because the Amtrak Auto Train has a good network over there.
In terms of convenience, as long as your starting point and destination are both along the route, it can’t be beaten. However, if your stops are not located along the path of the Auto Train, it may not be a feasible option for you.
If you do find that Amtrak car transport, or Auto Train, would be a good fit, there are several great benefits you can utilize.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Unlike standard car carriers, Amtrak is still very much a people mover, so you are able to ride the train the entire distance with your vehicle. This allows for you to drive your vehicle right up to the station for pick-up, and meet your vehicle at the exact time it arrives at your final destination. Traditional auto transport companies will often offer door to door transport, but that leaves you with the responsibility of finding your own ride to the train station or airport. This is obviously not an issue when using the Amtrak Auto Train.
Rather than a long, stressful road trip behind the wheel, putting so much wear and tear and countless miles on your vehicle, the Amtrak transport provides a relaxing journey from point A to point B. Not only do you receive world-renowned Amtrak treatment, you have your choice of accommodations, free wi-fi, and all meals automatically included. Imagine sitting back, relaxing, or working, or sleeping, all while in motion, avoiding traffic to get you and your vehicle safely to your final destination.
If you so choose, you can upgrade to business class when using Amtrak Auto Train, and enjoy all the additional amenities provided by this higher level service. Certain additional benefits include:
- Ability to cancel free of charge up until departure.
- Point bonus for rewards members.
- Complimentary water and comfort kit.
- Meal delivery.
- Much, much more.
Auto Train also has another upgrade option which allows you priority boarding and offloading, so your vehicle can be one of the first to be offloaded from the train. This is a major time saver and definitely an option to explore if you can afford it.
Amtrak Auto Train is really a great option for car transport, as long as you have a standard size vehicle, truck, or SUV, AND your starting and ending points fall conveniently along the route (from Washington D.C. to Florida). However, if this does not work out for your personal situation, there are plenty of reputable auto transport companies willing to help you out and get you and your vehicle where you want to go.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory