Are you looking to transport your motorcycle to Costa Rica from the USA? It is a straightforward task that is also affordable. If you ship to a port in Florida, you could ship for as little as $1,000 or as much as $3,000. You will also need to factor in how much import taxes are going to cost you when shipping your motorcycle to Costa Rica, which can sometimes cost as much as the shipping cost itself.
You will need to prepare before you plan to Ship My Motorcycle to Costa Rica, otherwise, you may run into a few challenges along the way. That is one reason why it’s important that you hire A1 Auto Transport Company to ship your motorcycle from the United States to Costa Rica for you. You will need time to prepare your motorcycle for importation in order to avoid any hitches that can slow the process down.
Costa Rica has breath-taking views and two main shipping ports; Puerto Caldera and Puerto Limon. These two ports are able to receive motorcycle imports but, customs will need to know where the motorcycle is coming from and the destination once it’s cleared in the country. This will help you opt for the best port to ship to. Costa Rica does require emissions tests and inspections for all vehicles coming into Costa Rica and this test will need to be performed within two months of your vehicle’s shipping date.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Shipping Options to Costa Rica.
You will need to choose which shipping option will be best for your motorcycle import; permanent or temporary import. Both importing options still require the emissions testing, however, there are a few differences in other procedures performed based on the one you choose.
Import on Temporary Basis.
If you want to ship my motorcycle to Costa Rica or any vehicle brought into the country by a non-resident for less than three months will not be subject to paying customs taxes. In order to ship on a temporary basis, you will need to provide the original and a copy of the following:
- Registration of the vehicle.
- Driver’s license – make copies of both sides of the license.
- Title to the motorcycle you are importing.
- You must have a letter notarized and certified by the Costa Rican Consulate from the owner of the motorcycle giving you permission to bring it to Costa Rica if you are not the owner.
How to Request Shipment to Costa Rica.
- You will need to fill out an application for temporary import. This form can be found at Customs of Costa Rica.
- When you submit your temporary import permit application, have a copy of all information and the originals with you to verify and validate your request. Double check to make sure that your passport displays duration date seeking temporary import status.
- If you are a citizen of Costa Rica, you will need to provide proof of residency
- Pay your fees for a temporary import permit, and the National Insurance Institute of Costa Rica.
If you plan on ship my motorcycle to Costa Rica, for a period longer than three months, you will need to file for a permanent import. You will need to contact the Costa Rican Customs official before you begin so you will ensure that you are following the correct procedure for importing. You will need all the documents listed in the temporary important and the following:
- Purchase invoice of the vehicle.
- Bill of Lading.
- Proof of identity.
You will also be responsible for paying import taxes in Costa Rica, and it’s important to note that they do run higher than other countries but you may still find that the cost is not so outrageous that you can’t ship your vehicle. You will also need to determine the value of your motorcycle in order to determine how much tax you will pay. IT’s best to always use the higher value when calculating the value. The value of your vehicle can be determined.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?