Having a Vehicle Shipped to Zambia, South Africa From The United States
Shipping A Car To Zambia
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- It generally costs between $3,500 and $6,800 to have a car shipped from the United States to Zambia.
- Because of the distance and lack of available seaports in the area, shipping costs are a little higher than to some other African countries.
If relocating to Zambia, consider having a personal vehicle exported. It will make local travel easier and it can help to avoid language barriers and currency issues. Zambia isn’t thriving when it comes to public transportation so getting to places on time or in a quick manner can be difficult without the use of a personal vehicle.
With 5 major roads located in Zambia, there aren’t many roadways to cover. There are more roadways, but many of aren’t in great condition. However, the roads can lead to nearly every possible destination throughout the country, as well as to all surrounding countries. Since the main form of public transportation in the country is the railway, having a vehicle at your disposal will be beneficial.
Having a vehicle transported to anywhere in South Africa will prove to be a difficult feat. They have strict laws in regards to vehicle importing and a Letter of Authority and an Import Permit will be needed. Contacting SABS will be the way to go about obtaining such documentation and approval.
Popular Shipping Destinations
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Methods of Shipping a Vehicle
- Air shipping is a costly method of shipping a vehicle to the country of Zambia. This is usually too expensive for most people, but it is an option.
- RO/RO shipping is the roll on, roll off method that requires the vehicle to roll onto the ship, as well as roll off. The vehicle must be empty with the exception of a spare tire, a car jack, and floor mats.
- Container shipping is slightly more costly than RO/RO shipping. However, it allows for the vehicle to be filled with property allowed in Zambia. The container can also be filled with property or it can be split with another person. This will help reduce the cost.
All of these methods are possible ways to import a vehicle from the U.S. to Zambia. Considering that there are no seaports in the landlocked country, a person will need to prepare a ride to the place of importation when the vehicle is due for arrival.
South Africa is a country that has their own car manufacturers. Seeing as this is the case, they do not allow used vehicles to be shipped unless they are over 25 years old and considered to be a classic vehicle. With this being said, if a personal vehicle needs to be shipped, certain documentation that will be needed.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Zambia
- Invoice of Vehicle Purchase
- Proof of Ownership
- Title and Registration
- Proof of Insurance
- Import Permit
- Letter of Authority
- Customs Release Notification form
- Bill of lading
- Letter of transfer
- Certificate of non-sale
- Registration card
Related Information & FAQs
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?