Deliver Your Car Stress Free
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Lusaka
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers ready to serve
- RORO, container & air freight transport overseas
- BBB A+ rated award winning service, always on time
- Get an instant quote using our form, or call: 1-800-518-8708
Lusaka is known to be one of the rapidly developing cities in entire South Africa and it’s the acting capital of the country of Zambia. It is also the center of the commerce as well as the government of Zambia. If you are planning to relocate to Lusaka, you might want to consider exporting your car.
It is going to make traveling through Zambia a lot more convenient and would help you to get past the language barriers. The public transport is also not that accessible and thus having your own car in the country could be quite advantageous.
The truth is that Zambia has 5 major roads and there really isn’t a lot of roadways to dive on. A lot of the other roads aren’t in perfect condition but they could lead you to almost any destination in the country. Currently, the railway is the main public transportation form and thus, having a personal car could be very beneficial.
However, shipping a car to Zambia is going to be rather difficult. This is due to the fact that they have rather strict laws regulating the import and the export of vehicles. You’d need to present a Letter of Authority as well as a Permit for Import. You can do this through contacting the South African Bureau of Standards. You should take at least 20 days to make preparations, if you are a diplomat and you want to get a free entry in the country. It is also highly recommended that you are present to get your car and it will help you save money off storage charges and to speed up the process.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Required Documentation and Additional Information.
You won’t be allowed to ship a car which is over 25 years old and/or is considered to be a classic. The documentation that you’d need to ship your car includes:
- Ownership proof.
- Registration and Title.
- Permit of Import.
- Insurance proof.
- Invoice of purchase.
- Import Permit.
- Letter of Authority and custom notification form for release.
Left hand motor vehicles are prohibited from being imported in the country. You are only allowed to import one car and if the value is more than $5,000 you’d have to pay taxes accordingly. The mileage of your car is also taken into consideration for tax formation. In any case, you should expect to pay about 25% of the declared value of your vehicle and an additional 17.5% VAT. You’d also have to provide an invoice.
- Air shipping is one of the ways to go but it’s incredibly expensive. It’s also the fastest way.
- RO/RO shipping would require you to roll on your vehicle on its wheels onto a shipping deck. You have to completely empty the car and leave nothing in but the spare tire, car jack and the floor mats.
- Container shipping would allow you to ship additional items along with our vehicles. You are going to pay a bit more but you get a lot of value in return
If you have any other questions it’s highly advisable to seek the help of officials from the Embassy of Zambia in Washington, DC.