Information you should know when shipping your car from the United States to Yemen
Shipping A Car To Yemen
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- The cost of shipping a vehicle from the U.S. to Yemen most often falls between $3,500 and $7,000.
- There is a wide range of prices because costs can vary based on several things, chiefly the distance and weight involved in shipping the vehicle.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Yemen
|New York, NY to (New York port) to Hodeidah||$275||$2,000||5+27|
|Los Angeles to (California port) to Hodeidah||$350||$2,400||5+48|
|Boston, MA to (New York port) to Aden||$400||$2,000||5+27|
|Portland, OR to (California port) to Aden||$475||$2,400||6+48|
|Phoenix, AZ to (California port) to Hodeidah||$550||$2,400||6+48|
|Detroit, MI to (New York port) to Aden||$575||$2,000||6+27|
|Atlanta, GA to (New York port) to Hodeidah||$700||$2,000||6+27|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Aden||$775||$2,400||7+48|
|Memphis, TN to (New York port) to Hodeidah||$800||$2,000||6+27|
|Dallas, TX to (California port) to Hodeidah||$1,025||$2,400||7+48|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
The Republic of Yemen is a country situated at the southern tip of the Arabian Peninsula, with Saudi Arabia to its north, Oman to the east, and bordered to the west and south by the waters of the Red Sea, the Gulf of Aden, and the Arabian Sea. The Gulf of Aden is the body of water where Yemen’s main seagoing port, Aden, does commerce with the rest of the world. The ideal characteristics of the Gulf and the surrounding terrain allow Aden to be considered one of the best natural ports in the world.
When you’re importing your vehicle to Yemen, it’s important to choose an international shipper well-versed in the intricacies of shipping cargo to that area of the world, because the requirements tend to be fairly stringent. A company that has often dealt with the port authority there would be a good choice to handle your shipment because the authorities will have had some prior working relationship and some trust built up.
After having selected a shipper with good knowledge of Middle Eastern shipping requirements, the next things to decide are how you will get your vehicle to the departure port in the U.S. and how you want your vehicle shipped while in transit.
Your choices on how to get the vehicle to port are pretty simple – either you can drive it to the port yourself or you can have the vehicle picked up by your shipper. If you’re driving the vehicle to port, you’ll have to know ahead of time which ports your shipper has departures from in your area of the U.S.
Having figured all that out, you then need to arrange with your shipper for a method of shipping, which involves how your vehicle will be secured onboard the ship for the ocean-going part of the journey. The most common shipping methods are RORO (Roll-on/Roll-off) and container shipping.
RORO shipping means that your vehicle will be driven on and off the ship by means of a ramp, and then secured to an upper or lower deck for the trip. Container shipping will have your vehicle placed inside a closed container of either 20-ft or 40-ft in length and anchored securely inside the container.
Of the two, RORO shipping is the less expensive because the charges to you basically are contingent upon how much space your vehicle takes up onboard. Container shipping provides an extra layer of protection for your vehicle but does consume at least 20-ft of valuable shipboard space.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Yemen
- Bill of lading.
- Certificate of origin.
- Certificate of manufacturing (with date)
- Work permit.
General Requirements for exporting
In order to export a vehicle from the U.S., you will be required to demonstrate to domestic authorities that you are the legal owner of the vehicle, that you have a valid driver license, and that there are no liens against the vehicle.
This means you will have to provide proof of a bill of sale for the car, and a title showing no liens or if there is a lien, a certified document from the lienholder indicating approval for shipment. Your vehicle must have nothing inside it except for one set of keys for driving on and off the ship, and for that, it must have less than ¼ tank of gas.
At the destination port, your vehicle will have to go through Yemeni Customs, which will involve an inspection to see if it meets emission standards, so in order to avoid hang-ups, it will be advisable to have the vehicle in excellent running condition.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Yemen
Shipping oversized cargo and heavy equipment to another nation such as Yemen isn’t easy to do without anything you need. This may include things such as haulers or the right shipping materials and equipment. Not to mention, you’ll need to tolerate the foreign import policies of the nation which isn’t typically that easy for any persons without prior understanding and knowledge. Luckily, A1 Auto Transport can help oversee the cargo’s delivery regardless of what it is or where it must go.
Any cargo that cannot fit into a 40ft shipping container is considered as oversized through A1. However, if your cargo fits into a shipping container yet exceeds the standard weight limitations, it may also be considered heavy equipment. Here are a few examples of the heavy and oversized equipment we’re able to have shipped to Yemen and any other nation (lawfully permitting):
- Tractors, combines & other farm equipment
- Backhoes and excavators
- RVs and motorhomes
- Industrial equipment
- Bulldozers, dump trucks and forklifts
- Hydraulic equipment
- Oversized engines
- Pile drivers
- Large trucks & heavy vehicles
- Engineering & agricultural equipment
At A1 Auto Transport, we ensure a safe transport of your heavy equipment from the United States to Yemen. Throughout the entire shipping process you will benefit from our guidance while having the ability to monitor your cargo’s whereabouts through satellite tracking services. Your cargo is also protected by partial insurance coverage during its transport.
The Shipping Options We Have Available
Depending on the equipment you need to ship and the route that must be taken to carry out the delivery successfully, there are several shipping methods that we have available. Some of these options offer more security than others and some of them are much less expensive than others. Here is what we have to offer our customers...
- LoLo Shipping or Lift On/Lift Off- Using a crane, we will safely lift your cargo onto the ship. Once the cargo reaches the port closest to or in Yemen, it will be lifted off the ship in the same manner. This shipping service applies primarily to non-op vehicles and crated heavy equipment.
- RoRo Shipping or Roll On/Roll Off- This method of transport is the cheapest option one available. With this shipping method, the motorized piece of equipment or operable vehicle is rolled onto and off of the ship using a ramp.
- Container Shipping- This method tends to cost a bit more yet it isn’t available to all those shipping heavy equipment. If your heavy cargo fits into the container than you’re likely able to request this method of transport. The walls and ceiling of the container provide the ultimate protection during your cargo’s travels.
- Flat Rack Shipping- This shipping method uses what appears to be the frame of a shipping container. Lacking walls or a ceiling, your cargo is secured to the frame for its transport. The frame with your cargo secured, is placed atop the ship for its delivery. Depending on the weather, your cargo may be shielded by shrink wrap or plastic sheeting.
Related Information & FAQs.
- Stay organized while preparing your car for its shipping process from the USA to Yemen
- If I use open air services - how much does it cost to ship a car to Yemen?
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
🇾🇪 Yemen, (YE)
Our Services and Information
Car International Destinations
Car International FAQ
🇾🇪 Yemen, (YE)
A-1 Auto Transport Worldwide Locations
We Strive to Serve Countries around the World.
- Car Shipping To Or From Port of Ponce, Puerto RicoCar Shipping To Or From Port Of San JuanLexingtonShip Car To AalborgShip Car To AarhusShip Car To AbbotsfordShip Car To AbéchéShip Car To AberdeenShip Car To AbhaShip Car To AbidjanShip Car To AboboShip Car To Abomey-CalaviShip Car To AbovyanShip Car To Abu DhabiShip Car To Abū GhuraybShip Car To AcapulcoShip Car To AccraShip Car To AcharnesShip Car To AdamaShip Car To AdanaShip Car To Adda-DoueniShip Car To Addis AbabaShip Car To AdelaideShip Car To AdenShip Car To Afghanistan
- What A Pet Mover Does“Uber” for Kids?$500 Auto Transport | Finding Affordable Shippers10 Important Areas You Need To Know Around Your Neighborhood10 Questions To Ask An Auto Transport Company2016 Sturgis Motorcycle Rally2016 Utah International Auto Expo25 Years Old Cars: Import into the U.S.3 Tips for Getting Discount Auto Transport3 Tips For Moving Back To School3 Tips When Shipping Your Motorcycle5 Free Auto Shipping Quotes5 Great Additions You Can Add To Your Home’s Outdoors 5 Major Issues That Could Turn Your Move Upside Down5 Things You Never Knew About American Auto Transport5 Tips For Buying a Used Car5 Tips On How To Put Your Used Packing Materials To Good Use5 Ways to Ensure Your Car Delivery Is A Pleasant One5 Ways to Find a Real Professional Auto Transport Company5 ways to tell that your new house is now organized5 Worst Pickup Trucks of All Time6 Different Ways To Meet Your New Neighbors6 Gift Ideas For Your New Neighbors6 Great Ways To Get Involved In Your New Community6 Reasons Why You Should Keep Your House Organized
- 2019 - December2019 - October2019 - September2019 - August2019 - July2019 - April2019 - March2019 - February2019 - January2018 - December2018 - November2018 - October2018 - September2018 - August2018 - July2018 - June2018 - May2018 - April2018 - March2018 - February2018 - January2017 - December2017 - November2017 - October2017 - September