Information you should know when shipping your car from the United States to Yemen.
Shipping A Car To Yemen.
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- The cost of shipping a vehicle from the U.S. to Yemen most often falls between $3,500 and $7,000.
- There is a wide range of prices because costs can vary based on several things, chiefly the distance and weight involved in shipping the vehicle.
The Republic of Yemen is a country situated at the southern tip of the Arabian Peninsula, with Saudi Arabia to its north, Oman to the east, and bordered to the west and south by the waters of the Red Sea, the Gulf of Aden, and the Arabian Sea. The Gulf of Aden is the body of water where Yemen’s main seagoing port, Aden, does commerce with the rest of the world. The ideal characteristics of the Gulf and the surrounding terrain allow Aden to be considered one of the best natural ports in the world.
When you’re importing your vehicle to Yemen, it’s important to choose an international shipper well-versed in the intricacies of shipping cargo to that area of the world, because the requirements tend to be fairly stringent. A company that has often dealt with the port authority there would be a good choice to handle your shipment because the authorities will have had some prior working relationship and some trust built up.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
After having selected a shipper with good knowledge of Middle Eastern shipping requirements, the next things to decide are how you will get your vehicle to the departure port in the U.S. and how you want your vehicle shipped while in transit.
Your choices on how to get the vehicle to port are pretty simple – either you can drive it to the port yourself or you can have the vehicle picked up by your shipper. If you’re driving the vehicle to port, you’ll have to know ahead of time which ports your shipper has departures from in your area of the U.S.
Having figured all that out, you then need to arrange with your shipper for a method of shipping, which involves how your vehicle will be secured onboard the ship for the ocean-going part of the journey. The most common shipping methods are RORO (Roll-on/Roll-off) and container shipping.
RORO shipping means that your vehicle will be driven on and off the ship by means of a ramp, and then secured to an upper or lower deck for the trip. Container shipping will have your vehicle placed inside a closed container of either 20-ft or 40-ft in length and anchored securely inside the container.
Of the two, RORO shipping is the less expensive because the charges to you basically are contingent upon how much space your vehicle takes up onboard. Container shipping provides an extra layer of protection for your vehicle but does consume at least 20-ft of valuable shipboard space.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Yemen.
- Bill of lading.
- Certificate of origin.
- Certificate of manufacturing (with date)
- Work permit.
General Requirements for exporting.
In order to export a vehicle from the U.S., you will be required to demonstrate to domestic authorities that you are the legal owner of the vehicle, that you have a valid driver license, and that there are no liens against the vehicle.
This means you will have to provide proof of a bill of sale for the car, and a title showing no liens or if there is a lien, a certified document from the lienholder indicating approval for shipment. Your vehicle must have nothing inside it except for one set of keys for driving on and off the ship, and for that, it must have less than ¼ tank of gas.
At the destination port, your vehicle will have to go through Yemeni Customs, which will involve an inspection to see if it meets emission standards, so in order to avoid hang-ups, it will be advisable to have the vehicle in excellent running condition.
Related Information & FAQs.
- Stay organized while preparing your car for its shipping process from the USA to Yemen
- If I use open air services – how much does it cost to ship a car to Yemen?
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory