Ship Your Car To Or From Uganda
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Car shipping costs to Uganda from the Untied States generally fall between $3,800 and $7,100 for more vehicles.
- The cheapest rates are for normal sized cars that fit into a shipping container, whereas those that do not fit will cost more.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Uganda
|New York, NY to (New York port) to Kampala||$275||$8,400||5+35|
|Los Angeles to (California port) to Kampala||$350||$8,300||5+46|
|Las Vegas, NV to (California port) to Kampala||$450||$8,300||5+46|
|Portland, OR to (California port) to Kampala||$475||$8,300||6+46|
|Phoenix, AZ to (California port) to Kampala||$550||$8,300||6+46|
|Columbus, OH to (New York port) to Kampala||$550||$8,400||5+35|
|Charlotte, NC to (New York port) to Kampala||$575||$8,400||6+35|
|Chicago, IL to (New York port) to Kampala||$675||$8,400||6+35|
|Miami, FL to (New York port) to Kampala||$925||$8,400||7+35|
|Dallas, TX to (California port) to Kampala||$1,025||$8,300||7+46|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
As the country of Uganda develops, many of its citizens want to purchase a car. They find that the easiest and most cost effective way to do that is to have the car imported from another country as opposed to buying it in Uganda.
In general, there are very few restrictions placed on the cars being imported. The car can be new or used, though regulations have been put into place to manage this process. There is no age limit, and both left and right hand drive vehicles are permitted. However, before the car is imported into the country, there are a few guidelines that should be followed.
Popular Shipping Destinations
Cars Imported from Japan
Most of the cars imported into Uganda come from Japan because there are little to no restrictions on cars that come from Japan. New cars can be imported as is, but used cars will have to undergo more scrutiny before they can be accepted.
Before it can be imported into Uganda, a used car must pass the “Road Worthiness Inspection” conducted by the Japanese Export Vehicle Inspection Center (JEVIC). This test ensures that the vehicle have genuine readings and that the car is in good condition before it arrives in Uganda. Additionally, the test ensures that the car is not hostile to the environment with its emissions.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Note: All of the inspections mentioned above are to be performed by the country of export of the vehicle. Most vehicles that arrive in Uganda come from Japan, but other countries will have to follow similar guidelines when importing into the country.
Tax, Tariffs, and Duties
The value of the duty instilled on the importing of a used car is determined by the General Agreement on Trade and Tariffs (GATT) method of evaluation. The taxes include an import duty of 15%; value added tax (VAT) of 17% of the VAT value; 2% import commission of dutiable value; withholding tax of 6% of dutiable value; and an excise duty of 10% in select cases.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Uganda
- Original bills of lading (that is, shipping permissions)
- Inventory in triplicate (that is, a written report of inventory)
- The consignee’s original passport.
- An invoice for the car.
- Car’s original logbook.
- Certificate of Roadworthiness.
- Tax ID number.
Because Uganda is a land-locked country, it will be necessary to use ports nearest to it. You may use either the Port of Mombasa in Kenya or Dar-Es-Salaam in Tanzania in order to import your vehicle to Uganda. There is no cost difference and is merely the importer’s preference.
For more information about the process of importing vehicles into Uganda, please visit The Uganda Revenue Authority’s website.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Uganda
The process of shipping cargo from the United States to another country far away is one that only professionals should take on. It takes careful planning, durable shipping equipment, comprehension of foreign import policies, the latest transport technologies, and more to ensure a safe and steadfast transport of heavy equipment and oversized cargo to the country of Uganda. Here at A1 Auto Transport, we have everything we need which is why we have been helping people ship their cargo all over the world for decades.
Examples of Oversized Cargo and Heavy Equipment We’re Able to Ship
- Tractors, harvesters, combines & other farm equipment
- Backhoes & excavators
- Yachts & pontoon boats
- Industrial equipment
- Bulldozers, dump trucks and forklifts
- Hydraulic equipment
- Oversized engines
- Pile drivers
- Asphalt pavers & road rollers
- Large trucks & heavy vehicles
- Engineering equipment
- Mining equipment
- Agricultural equipment
Shipping Methods Available to Those Shipping Heavy Equipment through A1
The kind of heavy or oversized equipment you have will ultimately determine which transport methods are available for your particular shipping needs. When you describe your equipment to our representatives over the phone when you call to inquire and schedule, we will inform you of your options and what we feel is best for your cargo’s transport to Uganda. Read below if you want some insight as to what our overseas shipping services are.
- LoLo or Lift On/Lift Off Transport- With a crane we safely lift your heavy equipment onto the ship using a crane. The cargo is lifted off the ship with a crane once it reaches port in or near Uganda.
- RoRo or Roll On/Roll Off Transport- Not every port accepts cargo shipped through this method of transport so ground transport methods may also be necessary to complete the delivery. However, this is the cheapest shipping method and it is only offered to those with operable equipment and vehicles.
- Container Shipping- As the most expensive of your options, this method offers the most protection as long as your heavy cargo fits in a 40ft shipping container.
- Flat Rack Shipping- This open air service secures your cargo to a metal frame before it is placed on the ship for its shipping process to Uganda.
Related Information & FAQs.
- How can You benefit from shipping your car to Uganda from the USA with an overseas transport company?
- What determines the cost of shipping a car to Uganda through professionals?
- How much does it cost to ship a car to Uganda through RO/RO transport services?
- Why is it wise to ship my car to Uganda through professionals
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - email@example.com