Ship Your Car To Or From Uganda.
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Car shipping costs to Uganda from the Untied States generally fall between $3,800 and $7,100 for more vehicles.
- The cheapest rates are for normal sized cars that fit into a shipping container, whereas those that do not fit will cost more.
As the country of Uganda develops, many of its citizens want to purchase a car. They find that the easiest and most cost effective way to do that is to have the car imported from another country as opposed to buying it in Uganda.
In general, there are very few restrictions placed on the cars being imported. The car can be new or used, though regulations have been put into place to manage this process. There is no age limit, and both left and right hand drive vehicles are permitted. However, before the car is imported into the country, there are a few guidelines that should be followed.
Popular Shipping Destinations.
Cars Imported from Japan.
Most of the cars imported into Uganda come from Japan because there are little to no restrictions on cars that come from Japan. New cars can be imported as is, but used cars will have to undergo more scrutiny before they can be accepted.
Before it can be imported into Uganda, a used car must pass the “Road Worthiness Inspection” conducted by the Japanese Export Vehicle Inspection Center (JEVIC). This test ensures that the vehicle have genuine readings and that the car is in good condition before it arrives in Uganda. Additionally, the test ensures that the car is not hostile to the environment with its emissions.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Note: All of the inspections mentioned above are to be performed by the country of export of the vehicle. Most vehicles that arrive in Uganda come from Japan, but other countries will have to follow similar guidelines when importing into the country.
Tax, Tariffs, and Duties.
The value of the duty instilled on the importing of a used car is determined by the General Agreement on Trade and Tariffs (GATT) method of evaluation. The taxes include an import duty of 15%; value added tax (VAT) of 17% of the VAT value; 2% import commission of dutiable value; withholding tax of 6% of dutiable value; and an excise duty of 10% in select cases.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Uganda.
- Original bills of lading (that is, shipping permissions)
- Inventory in triplicate (that is, a written report of inventory)
- The consignee’s original passport.
- An invoice for the car.
- Car’s original logbook.
- Certificate of Roadworthiness.
- Tax ID number.
Because Uganda is a land-locked country, it will be necessary to use ports nearest to it. You may use either the Port of Mombasa in Kenya or Dar-Es-Salaam in Tanzania in order to import your vehicle to Uganda. There is no cost difference and is merely the importer’s preference.
For more information about the process of importing vehicles into Uganda, please visit The Uganda Revenue Authority’s website.
Related Information & FAQs.
- How can You benefit from shipping your car to Uganda from the USA with an overseas transport company?
- What determines the cost of shipping a car to Uganda through professionals?
- How much does it cost to ship a car to Uganda through RO/RO transport services?
- Why is it wise to ship my car to Uganda through professionals
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory