Ship Your Car To Or From Tunisia
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Shipping a car to Tunisia from the United States usually costs from $1,200 to $3,800 for most regular sized vehicles.
- Oversize cars, trucks, and larger vehicle types like SUVs and RVs can still be shipped to the area, but the costs generally run slightly higher than the numbers above.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Tunisia
|San Jose, CA to (California port) to Tunis||$200||$4,200||5+39|
|Las Vegas, NV to (California port) to Tunis||$450||$4,200||5+39|
|Portland, OR to (California port) to Tunis||$475||$4,200||6+39|
|Seattle, WA to (California port) to Tunis||$550||$4,200||6+39|
|Columbus, OH to (New York port) to Tunis||$550||$3,100||5+27|
|Charlotte, NC to (New York port) to Tunis||$575||$3,100||6+27|
|Chicago, IL to (New York port) to Tunis||$675||$3,100||6+27|
|Atlanta, GA to (New York port) to Tunis||$700||$3,100||6+27|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Tunis||$775||$4,200||7+39|
|Houston, TX to (New York port) to Tunis||$1,075||$3,100||7+27|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Tunisia is located at the northern most part of Africa. It is surrounded by the Mediterranean Sea, Algeria and Libya, making it culturally diverse. Over 10 million people reside in the country which consists largely of the Sahara Desert and the Atlas Mountains.
Tunisia is well-known for oil production, large-scale energy plants, and upcoming nuclear plants. Many come here for study and work from all over the world. France has partnered with Tunisia to further the effort of advancing technology in Tunisia.
Popular Shipping Destinations
Why Transporting a Vehicle to North Africa is Beneficial
Public transportation in North Africa isn't as accessible as it is in he U.S. and other countries. While there are means of public transportation, finding sources isn't as easy and could become a nuisance if time is a concern. Language barriers and currency differences could also be a struggle to overcome.
Having a personal vehicle is a benefit that will allow a person to travel more freely. Some suggest that shipping a Toyota would be the best option considering Toyota parts are more reachable in Africa, in case vehicle maintenance is needed. With the harsh climate, vehicles can be subject to higher wear.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Tunisia
- Proof of Ownership
- Title and Vehicle Registration
- Make, Model and Serial Number of the Vehicle
- Proof of Insurance
- License, Picture I.D., and Passport
- Bill of lading
There will also be other necessary steps:
- The vehicle must pass an inspection at the time of arrival into North Africa.
- The owner must be present at Customs at the time of the vehicle's arrival.
- Only one vehicle can be shipped. After 6 months of residency, another vehicle can be imported.
- After three months of being in Tunisia, the vehicle must be imported.
Ports in Tunisia
There is a total of eight ports in Tunisia. All of these are on the border of the Mediterran Sea. These ports consist of:
- Port of Bizerte
- Port of Menzel Bourguiba
- Port of Rades
- Port of La Goulette
- Port of Sousse
- Port of Sfax
- Port of Gabes
- Port of Zarzis
Be certain of the port in which the vehicle is to arrive. It is crucial that the owner is present at the time of the vehicle's arrival.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Tunisia
Individuals, dealers and manufacturers all over the planet take advantage of overseas heavy equipment and oversized cargo shipping services regularly. To do this, they go through professional transport companies with experience in foreign import policies. If you wish to transport such cargo out of the United States and to Tunisia, consider calling A1 Auto Transport. We have everything we need to confirm with certainty, a safe, easy and affordable transport to another nation. We are so certain of our services that we even offer free insurance coverage and satellite tracking services.
At A1 Auto Transport, we have been delivering all kinds of heavy equipment and oversized cargo outside of the U.S. for decades. The types of equipment we can deliver is endless but to give you an idea of what we mean when we say “heavy” or “oversized,” here is a small list...
- Farm Equipment
- Construction Equipment
- Industrial Machinery and Equipment
- Large Vehicles and Dump Trucks
What Types of International Transport Methods Are Available?
As previously stated, the type of cargo you’re shipping to Tunisia will dictate what transport methods are offered to you. Nonetheless, there are four international transport methods available through A1 overall.
- RoRo Shipping (Roll On/ Roll Off)- this is the cheapest, most desired and simplest way to transport oversized cargo overseas. Not all sea ports accept this transport method but we will ship to the nearest allowing port and have means of ground transport ready to take your cargo from there.
- LoLo Shipping (Lift On/Lift Off)- using a crane to lift your cargo onto and off of the ship, this method is suggested to those with inoperable vehicles and crated cargo.
- Flat Rack- this transport service secures your heavy cargo to a metal rack before it is placed on the ship.
- Container Shipping- only individuals trying to transport heavy equipment that can fit into a 40ft shipping container are able to use this more expensive shipping method. This is the safest shipping method offered.
Related Information & FAQs
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.