Tunisia Vehicle Importation from the United States
Shipping A Car To Tunisia
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Shipping a car to Tunisia from the United States usually costs from $1,200 to $3,800 for most regular sized vehicles.
- Oversize cars, trucks, and larger vehicle types like SUVs and RVs can still be shipped to the area, but the costs generally run slightly higher than the numbers above.
Tunisia is located at the northern most part of Africa. It is surrounded by the Mediterranean Sea, Algeria and Libya, making it culturally diverse. Over 10 million people reside in the country which consists largely of the Sahara Desert and the Atlas Mountains.
Tunisia is well-known for oil production, large scale energy plants, and up-coming nuclear plants. Many come here for study and work from all over the world. France has partnered with Tunisia to further the effort of advancing technology in Tunisia.
Why Transporting a Vehicle to North Africa is Beneficial
Public transportation in North Africa isn’t as accessible as it is in he U.S. and other countries. While there are means of public transportation, finding sources isn’t as easy and could become a nuisance if time is a concern. Language barriers and currency differences could also be a struggle to overcome.
Having a personal vehicle is a benefit that will allow a person to travel more freely. Some suggest that shipping a Toyota would be the best option considering Toyota parts are more reachable in Africa, in case vehicle maintenance is needed. With the harsh climate, vehicles can be subject to higher wear.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Tunisia
- Proof of Ownership
- Title and Vehicle Registration
- Make, Model and Serial Number of the Vehicle
- Proof of Insurance
- License, Picture I.D., and Passport
- Bill of lading
There will also be other necessary steps:
- The vehicle must pass an inspection at the time of arrival into North Africa.
- Owner must be present at Customs at the time of the vehicle’s arrival.
- Only one vehicle can be shipped. After 6 months of residency, another vehicle can be imported.
- After three months of being in Tunisia, the vehicle must be imported.
Ports in Tunisia
There are a total of eight ports in Tunisia. All of these are on the border of the Mediterran Sea. These ports consist of:
- Port of Bizerte
- Port of Menzel Bourguiba
- Port of Rades
- Port of La Goulette
- Port of Sousse
- Port of Sfax
- Port of Gabes
- Port of Zarzis
Be certain of the port in which the vehicle is to arrive. It is crucial that the owner is present at the time of the vehicle’s arrival.
Related Information & FAQs
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?
Ship Your Vehicle With A-1 Auto TodayGet an Instant Free Quote Now
Or Call us today at 1-800-452-2880 and speak to directly to our sales team!