Deliver Your Car Stress Free
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Tunis
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers ready to serve
- RORO, container & air freight transport overseas
- BBB A+ rated award winning service, always on time
- Get an instant quote using our form, or call: 1-800-518-8708
Even though travelers can utilize public transportation, language barriers and currency issues can prove to be a problem for foreigners who’ve never been to Tunis, Tunisia before. Having your own vehicle accessible to you in Tunis is beneficial since public transportation is scarce. Whether you are a diplomat or a foreigner, you will need to follow specific and crucial guidelines to avoid any problems.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
How to Inspect a Car for Overseas Transportation.
It is within the shippers’ best interests to thoroughly inspect their vehicle and document any scratches or dents. Take notes as well as pictures to compare its condition after it has been delivered to Tunis. The customer will be subject to extra charges if the car leaks coolant, battery fluid or oil. There are other ways to prepare your vehicle for overseas transportation which include:
- Rid of flammable fluids in the expansion tank.
- Disable anti-theft devices.
- Seal tears and other openings.
- Wash the car of dirt and other deposits.
- Take away the battery.
- Fold back mirrors and remove other protruding objects.
Reasons Why Preparing a Vehicle for Transportation is Beneficial.
- Prevents delays in the shipping and receiving process.
- Reduces the risk of damages.
- Helps avoid a discrepancy between the shipper and the shipping service.
How to Save Money on Vehicle Shipping.
The best way to make sure you are paying as little as possible for overseas shipping is to be flexible with dates and times. Jobs that require a deadline are often more costly because shipping services may encounter delays which can affect the timeline. If your vehicle is older or less valuable, consider transporting the vehicle on an open carrier.
Documents that Need to be Prepared for Overseas Auto Shipping.
- Driver’s License.
- Passport and Visa.
- Title and Registration.
- Seaway and Airway Bill.
- Proof of Insurance.
- Make, Model and Serial Number of the Vehicle.
Different Methods Used to Transport a Vehicle Overseas.
- Roll On, Roll Off Method- This method of transportation is the most convenient type of transportation and most cost effective. The vehicle must have a full battery charge so customs agents can roll the vehicles on and off of the vessel. Shippers must remove any household items including cell phones, laptops and fax machines.
- Container Shipping- This option is more expensive, but it is much safer because it is protected against the elements. Shippers are permitted to load other household items with the car, but they must produce a legible packing list and follow a packing order. The car and all other items must be secure to avoid damages while the container is in transit.