Shipping A Car To Tanzania
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Though there are costs beyond just the shipping, most care shipped to Tanzania from the U.S. are shipped for $3,800 to $7,000.
- Other things that may affect the total cost are the size, dimensions and weight of the vehicle, import taxes, and licensing and registration fees.
Import a personal vehicle internationally when relocating to Tanzania from the United States. Having the freedom to travel Tanzania’s mountainous regions, wildlife and forests will be beneficial for anyone there that is trying to see the country at its fullest or that may be there for study.
Vehicle exporting methods to Tanzania include container shipping and RO/RO shipping. Both are applicable ways of shipping automobiles to the country. RO/RO is the cheaper of the two methods and the vehicle will need to be empty with the exception of floor mats, a car jack and a spare tire. Container shipping will allow other belongings to be sent along with the vehicle. It is all up to a person’s preference.
Popular Shipping Destinations
Tanzania and Its Road Network
Tanzania has a large network of roads. It is easy to travel the country and its surrounding regions. With international highways and many paved roads, travel to anywhere within the beautiful country is possible. There are methods of public transportation but to avoid currency differences and language barriers, traveling alone might be best.
Transportation in Tanzania should be possible for anyone with employment in the country or there for study. With how simple it is to transport a vehicle to Tanzania, one should really consider vehicle shipping from the U.S.
Tanzania ports are bountiful. There are many ports that accept vehicle export/import and the vehicle owner will need to be certain of which port their vehicle will be shipped to. It is crucial that the owner is present on the day of the vehicle’s due arrival. Here are list of Tanzania’s ports:
- Port of Bukoba
- Port of Mwanza
- Port of Tanga
- Port of Pangani
- Port of Wete
- Port of Mkoani
- Port of Chake Chake
- Port of Zanzibar
- Port of Dar es Salaam
- Port of Kilwa Kivinje
- Port of Kilwa Masoko
- Port of Lindi
- Port of Mtwara
These ports range in size and not all of them might except RO/RO shipping or vehicle shipping at all. By contacting Tanzania Customs, one can find out the correct ports for vehicle shipment as well as the documentation needed.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Tanzania
- Valid passport
- Registration card/proof of ownership
- Bill of lading
- Safety certificate
- Certificate of non-sale
- Exemption certificate
- Tax ID number
Related Information & FAQs
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?
Ship Your Vehicle With A-1 Auto TodayGet an Instant Free Quote Now
Or Call us today at 1-800-452-2880 and speak to directly to our sales team!