Car Shipping Tanzania
Shipping A Car To Tanzania
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Though there are costs beyond just the shipping, most care shipped to Tanzania from the U.S. are shipped for $3,800 to $7,000.
- Other things that may affect the total cost are the size, dimensions, and weight of the vehicle, import taxes, and licensing and registration fees.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Tanzania
|San Jose, CA to (California port) to Dar es Salaam||$200||$3,800||5+50|
|New York, NY to (New York port) to Dar es Salaam||$275||$3,800||5+56|
|Las Vegas, NV to (California port) to Dar es Salaam||$450||$3,800||5+50|
|Portland, OR to (California port) to Dar es Salaam||$475||$3,800||6+50|
|Phoenix, AZ to (California port) to Dar es Salaam||$550||$3,800||6+50|
|Columbus, OH to (New York port) to Dar es Salaam||$550||$3,800||5+56|
|Charlotte, NC to (New York port) to Dar es Salaam||$575||$3,800||6+56|
|Chicago, IL to (New York port) to Dar es Salaam||$675||$3,800||6+56|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Dar es Salaam||$775||$3,800||7+50|
|Houston, TX to (New York port) to Dar es Salaam||$1,075||$3,800||7+56|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Import a personal vehicle internationally when relocating to Tanzania from the United States. Having the freedom to travel Tanzania's mountainous regions, wildlife and forests will be beneficial for anyone there that is trying to see the country at its fullest or that may be there for study.
Vehicle exporting methods to Tanzania include container shipping and RO/RO shipping. Both are applicable ways of shipping automobiles to the country. RO/RO is the cheaper of the two methods and the vehicle will need to be empty with the exception of floor mats, a car jack, and a spare tire. Container shipping will allow other belongings to be sent along with the vehicle. It is all up to a person's preference.
Popular Shipping Destinations
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Auto Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
Tanzania and Its Road Network
Tanzania has a large network of roads. It is easy to travel the country and its surrounding regions. With international highways and many paved roads, travel to anywhere within the beautiful country is possible. There are methods of public transportation but to avoid currency differences and language barriers, traveling alone might be best.
Transportation in Tanzania should be possible for anyone with employment in the country or there for study. With how simple it is to transport a vehicle to Tanzania, one should really consider vehicle shipping from the U.S.
Tanzania ports are bountiful. There are many ports that accept vehicle export/import and the vehicle owner will need to be certain of which port their vehicle will be shipped to. It is crucial that the owner is present on the day of the vehicle's due arrival. Here are list of Tanzania's ports:
- Port of Bukoba
- Port of Mwanza
- Port of Tanga
- Port of Pangani
- Port of Wete
- Port of Mkoani
- Port of Chake Chake
- Port of Zanzibar
- Port of Dar es Salaam
- Port of Kilwa Kivinje
- Port of Kilwa Masoko
- Port of Lindi
- Port of Mtwara
These ports range in size and not all of them might except RO/RO shipping or vehicle shipping at all. By contacting Tanzania Customs, one can find out the correct ports for vehicle shipment as well as the documentation needed.
Click here to learn more about vehicle registration process in Tanzania.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Tanzania
- Valid passport
- Registration card/proof of ownership
- Bill of lading
- Safety certificate
- Certificate of non-sale
- Exemption certificate
- Tax ID number
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Tanzania
Shipping oversized cargo and heavy equipment from the United States to Tanzania isn’t simple to do without all the right components accessible. For instance, it takes durable haulers, the greatest shipping materials and equipment, an understanding of foreign import policies and much more to safely carry out an overseas transport. Luckily, A1 Auto Transport can help any individual looking to ship their heavy equipment or oversized cargo to another country.
Hypothetically, any cargo that cannot fit into a 40ft shipping container is considered as over-sized. However, there are a wide variety of equipment and oversized cargo we can ship using our open air services. Some examples of the heavy and oversized equipment we’re able to have shipped overseas include but are not limited to...
- Tractors, combines & other farm equipment
- Backhoes and excavators
- RVs and motorhomes
- Industrial equipment
- Bulldozers, dump trucks and forklifts
- Hydraulic equipment
- Oversized engines
- Pile drivers
- Large trucks & heavy vehicles
- Engineering equipment
- Agricultural equipment
- Mining equipment
The Shipping Options We Have Available at A1 Auto Transport
Reliant on the type of oversized or heavy cargo you are shipping and the directions that must be taken to carry out the delivery to Tanzania, there are several shipping methods available through A1. Some of these options offer more security than others which raises the their cost slightly more. Our specialists can help you decide what method to use but before they do, here’s a little more information regarding our transport method options first…
- LoLo Shipping or Lift On/Lift Off- With a crane, we will safely lift your cargo onto the ship. Once it reaches Tanzania, it will be lifted off the ship with the crane once again. This shipping service applies primarily to construction materials, non-op vehicles and crated heavy equipment.
- RoRo Shipping or Roll On/Roll Off- This is the least expensive ship shipping option available since it is an open air service that requires your vehicle or equipment drive on and off of the ship using a ramp.
- Container Shipping- This enclosed shipping service isn’t available to all those shipping heavy equipment overseas. If your heavy cargo fits into the container than you’re likely able to purchase this method of transport.
- Flat Rack Shipping- This open air shipping method uses a large metal frame to assure your cargo’s support and security during its transport. Contingent on the weather conditions, your cargo may be wrapped and protected by shrink wrap.