International Vehicle Shipping to Tajikistan From the United States
Shipping A Car To Tajikistan
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Cars shipped to Tajikistan from the United States generally costs from $2,200 to $6,100 to ship.
- When considering the total cost, be sure to familiarize yourself with the applicable taxes and licensing fees when your vehicle arrives.
Shipping a vehicle internationally seems like a daunting task to anyone needing to ship their vehicle. This isn’t necessarily a strenuous process as long as all facets are addressed. Importing a vehicle to Tajikistan is always in a person’s best interest if they are uncertain of the means of public transportation and will be needing to travel within Central Asia often.
Popular Shipping Destinations
The Concerns of Public Transportation in Tajikistan
The public transportation system in Tajikistan isn’t nearly what it once was. The lack of investment in public transit has caused for the country to suffer greatly. With that being said, there are only a few ways to safely travel. Some of the means of public transportation in the country include:
- Mini Buses
While all of these options may seem useful, they are lacking. The railways only cover so much ground and the taxi services can be quite intimidating when it comes to language barriers or the lack of knowledge necessary. All of these can concerns can be avoided when transporting a personal vehicle to Tajikistan. Nearly 90% of Tajikistan’s travel is through personal vehicle use. As of recently, Tajikistan highways and tunnels have been renovated.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Tajikistan
- Vehicle’s purchasing contract or original documentation
- Power of attorney to authorize move
- Copy of passport or long-term visa
- Vehicle’s title and technical manual
- The vehicle will need to undergo an inspection
- The automobile must be over 6 months old, but less than 10 years old
- Confirmation of employment
- Proforma invoice
- Bill of lading
All of these matters and proper documentation will need to be handled and approved through Customs.
RO/RO Shipping Versus Container Shipping
Transporting a car to Tajikistan can be done in several ways. The most common methods would be container shipping or RO/RO. These are the easiest ways of transporting any vehicle internationally. Unfortunately, there aren’t any ports directly to Tajikistan so the vehicle will have to be directed to the nearest port.
RO/RO shipping is a method of shipping that requires the vehicle to roll on and roll off the ship. The vehicle must be completely empty with the exception of floor mats, a car jack and a spare tire. There mustn’t be anything else in the vehicle. This method of shipping is usually the cheapest option.
Container shipping allows the vehicle to be kept in a container. The container is large enough to fit other possessions in and the person can even fill their car with other belongings. Container shipping can be more costly, but it gives you the option of sharing the container space and splitting the costs with someone else.
Related Information & FAQs
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?
Ship Your Vehicle With A-1 Auto TodayGet an Instant Free Quote Now
Or Call us today at 1-800-452-2880 and speak to directly to our sales team!