One of the largest and most populated urban zones in Norway, Stavanger is the administrative hub of Rogaland County. As it is often called the capital city of oil production industry, the city employs people from all over the world. If you are moving to Stavanger, it is important to know more about the weather conditions and import regulations of Norway.
To ensure that EU requirements are met, there are stringent shipping and emission rules to meet under all circumstances.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Documentations pertaining to shipping.
Make sure that you have all of the documents in place before you ship your vehicle. The Customs department of Norway requires all of the documents to be submitted for verification before the vehicle can clear the Customs and Transport authority. These documents are:
- USA registration of the vehicle.
- Proof of ownership.
- Car title deed.
- Insurance certificates.
- Residency/work permit from Norwegian government.
You need to know more about the limitations tax and duties that are applicable by browsing information at the Norway Custom department. It is best to remove all accessories and personal belongings from within vehicle before you ship to Stavanger. Non adherence to the import laws can lead to delays in delivery. Additionally, as per EU rules, emissions standards differ and you might have to get your vehicle modified in US to meet the emission standards.
Driving in Stavanger.
When you take the delivery of the vehicle in Stavanger, there are additional formalities to complete including:
- Pay the shipment fees, custom duties and taxes.
- testing modification of the vehicle.
- Clearing the emission standards.
- Norwegian Transport Authority approval for registration plate ID.
It is important that you work with a reliable auto shipping service, such as A1 Auto Transport service as they have experience in transporting cars, SUVs and other vehicles to Norway. It is best to steam clean the vehicle, before you ship your vehicle. Additionally, you will need to remove all accessories and personal items if you are shipping by RORO. However, if you are shipping by Container shipping, you are allowed to bring in household items, along with the car and only those items are not allowed that are illegal in Norway. It is best to contact the Embassy of Norway. Vehicles that flout the norm are put into quarantine.
It is necessary that the air condition gas has been removed as there are no flammable liquids or gases that can cause an accident. To know the eligibility of the vehicle, you can refer to Title 19 with US Federal Regulations Code. You will need to drive down your car to the port or can ask A1 Auto Transport service, for ‘door-to-port’ service. Freight shipping options vary but the most common and popular methods include RORO and container shipping. You can talk with us about the requirements and eligibility about these methods. We will help you plan, transport and ship your vehicle from USA to Stavanger, Norway with ease.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?