Located in Canada, St. Johns’ is the largest city in Newfoundland and Labrador and is also the capital of these two cities. St. Johns’ was incorporated in 1888 and is considered one of the older cities in North America that was founded by the English.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
You can find St. Johns located on the eastern tip of the Avalon Peninsula on the Newfoundland Island.
If you want to ship a vehicle to St John’s, you will want to hire a reputable transport agency, like A1 Auto Transport Service. When you hire an automobile transport company to assist you in transporting your vehicle from the United States to St John’s, you will have a less stressful experience. Before you begin the importing process, you will first need to make sure that you have all the information together to send in with your application. Some of the more important information you will need includes:
- A copy of the vehicle title.
- Social Security Card.
- Driver’s License.
- Signed Power of Attorney.
A1 Auto Transport service is aware of the many different rules and regulations for shipping around the world. They can work with you to assist you in preparing your vehicle for the transport. Some of the rules include:
- No security systems on the vehicle can be enabled.
- Vacuum and clean your vehicle both inside and outside.
- Personal items from the inside must be removed.
- Any item on the exterior that is removable needs to be removed.
- Leave only one-fourth tank of fuel inside the gas tank.
- Charge the battery to your vehicle.
- Fill all fluids under the hood of your vehicle before transporting.
It’s very important that you clean your vehicle thoroughly in order for it to pass any pre-shipping inspection and to check the vehicle for any visible signs of dents and damage that may not have otherwise been noticed.
When shipping a vehicle from the United States to Canada, you will find that it is not that expensive. The cost will depend on factors such as where you will be shipping the vehicle out of and where you will be importing to in Canada. Most transports will average $700 to $2,500, with the higher price being those that are traveling further away.
If your vehicle is able to be transported from the United States to Canada and all rules and regulations are followed from Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA), you will need to pay:
- Duty and Excise tax.
- Good and Service tax of 5%.
- Sales tax or Provincial tax must be paid as well.
- Harmonized sales Tax of 8% when you transport from the United States and your vehicle is licensed.
Transporting Options to St. Johns.
When you are ready to transport your vehicle, you will have two transportation options to choose from; Roll On/ Roll Off and Container or enclosed carrier.
Open Car Carrier or Roll On/ Roll Off method is a convenient way to ship your vehicle from the United States to Canada. With this method of transportation, several vehicles are hauled at one time. The vehicles are loaded one by one onto the deck of the ship and then parked in a designated parking space. This is the most affordable way to ship a vehicle because you only pay for the spot the vehicle occupies.
Container shipping or enclosed carriers are another options for those who have a luxury vehicle or to avoid the potential of theft and vandalism while the ship may be in transport or at a dock. The container can protect the vehicle from being exposed to all the weather elements. This method of shipping is more expensive than the Roll On/ Roll Off method of shipping.
Air Freight is another option that is not commonly chosen due to the high rates associated with this method however, if you want or need your vehicle shipped; this is the quickest way to do it.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?