The largest city, Skopje is the capital of Macedonia and is located close to the Vardar River. It is the economic, educational, cultural and political center and that is the reason that most expatriates and diplomats call it home away from home. If you are planning to move to Skopje, you might be interested in importing your vehicle here. However, that would require planning and adherence to the Macedonian laws and regulations.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
There are specific regulations set by the Macedonian government and these are applicable to all motor vehicles playing on the roads in Skopje. You need to adhere to these regulations:
- Need to have a valid passport or copy of the passport.
- USA issued international driver’s license.
- Clear title deed and vehicle registration documents, license plate.
- Compulsory to register with the police department in Skopje within 48 hours after receiving the vehicle.
- Payment of entry tax that is maximum of 14.5% but varies depending on the value of the car.
As per automobile regulations under Ministry of Transport and Communications, there are additional documents that you need to submit which includes:
- Original purchase voucher/Bill of Sale with pertinent details about VIN, engine and chassis number and make/model/year of the automobile
- As used vehicles can be imported, you need to have the original title deed and registration documents
- Current and valid U.S driving license
- If the car is new, you need government-issued import license
- Insurance certificate
- Bill of Lading
As Macedonia is a landlocked country you will need to ship your vehicle to Port of Thessaloniki in Greece and then drive it across to Skopje or authorize the shipping service to deliver it after taking the vehicle delivery in Greece.
Before the car is exported from USA.
The process of shipping starts by finalizing the shipping service; get a written estimate on the cost and then prepping the car for shipping especially, if you are using the RORO method. The total cost of shipping includes the shipping service fees, container shipping or RORO method that you select, custom duties that you will pay to Macedonia Customs Administration.
If you choose container shipping, prepping the car won’t take long as there are no specific regulations to adhere to. All that you need to do is hire a container that is 20 feet or 40 feet and put the car and secure it. Along with it, you are allowed to add other goods inside it and seal it at the US port. However, when you pick the cheaper method, which is RORO, you have to adhere to some of the regulations. This includes:
- Removing all personal belongings and car accessories before shipping.
- Fuel and flammable material including air conditioning gas has to be removed.
- Steam cleaning of the vehicle to avoid quarantine at the Greek port.
You can discuss this in detail with your shopping service and ensure that your car is shipped with ease. Additionally to update information on the latest regulation on import of vehicles, you can browse the Embassy of the Republic of Macedonia in Washington.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?