Deliver Your Car Stress Free
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Russia
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers ready to serve
- RORO, container & air freight transport overseas
- BBB A+ rated award winning service, always on time
- Get an instant quote using our form, or call: 1-800-518-8708
Importing A Car To Russia | Taxes, Fees & Documents
Shipping A Car To Russia.
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- The cost of shipping a car to Russia from the U.S. can be as little as $2,200 for shorter distances and up to $7,000 for transport to more remote parts of the country.
- Where the vehicle is originally shipped from in the United States has a large effect on the price, depending on the distance involved.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Russia
|San Jose, CA to|
(California port) to Vladivostok
|Boston, MA to|
(New York port) to Perm
|Las Vegas, NV to|
(California port) to Moscow
|Phoenix, AZ to|
(California port) to Vladivostok
|Columbus, OH to|
(New York port) to Moscow
|Charlotte, NC to|
(New York port) to Vladivostok
|Denver, CO to|
(California port) to Perm
|Memphis, TN to (New York port)|
to Saint Petersburg
|Miami, FL to|
(New York port) to Vladivostok
|Dallas, TX to (California port) to|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
The import tax for a motor vehicle in Russia is roughly 25% of the vehicle value, in addition to the value added tax (VAT) of 18%. You can start to see how the costs can add up quickly when shipping a car to Russia–there’s also an annual vehicle tax, which is based on the engine output of the car. Cars with a lot of horsepowers will be much more expensive to maintain on a year-to-year basis because of the tiered vehicle tax.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Russia
- VAT invoice or exemption form, if applicable (see below)
- Bill of lading or cargo documentation.
- Personal identification, passport, and visa.
- Original title and valid registration.
- Purchase invoice or proof of ownership.
- Certified import documentation from customs.
- Certificate of conformity, which is explained here.
- Employment letter.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Popular Shipping Destinations
- Nizhny Novgorod
- Saint Petersburg
Call us today or fill out the online request form for FREE access to the cheapest prices on the market for shipping a vehicle to Russia. All estimates are given in real time by a licensed auto carrier and require NO OBLIGATION or commitment on your part!
Russia Auto Shipping | Driving & Registering A Vehicle
Driving anywhere you’re unfamiliar with can be tricky and it helps to do some learning before you get there, especially in Russia. If you’ve never been, study up; if you have, these resources will help re-familiarize you with the road signs and licensing information in Russia.
Getting A License In Russia – For Americans importing a car into Russia, this helpful information will clarify the process of getting a local license.
Understanding Road Signs In Russia – A nice, no-frills visual representation of the most common street signs you’ll encounter while driving an automobile in Russia.
- Registering a car in Russia is not as difficult or time-consuming as it can be some other foreign countries. Russia does offer temporary vehicle registration, which is valid for three months but can be extended up to a full year in some cases. Learn more about the vehicle registration process in Russia here.
- Tax-free auto imports are limited to certain vehicles and most personal or commercial auto shipping to Russia do not meet the criteria. Tax-free car transport to Russia is only for foreign diplomats and vehicles that will be used for official business (for example, construction projects, medical services, etc.)
As of 2014, Russia does not charge a duty for the import of electric vehicles, though the value added tax does still apply. There is discussion that Russia may also eliminate the VAT for electric vehicles in the near future.
Need help figuring out how to deliver a car, truck or motorcycle to Russia? Call us for a FREE phone consultation or use the online booking form and get a FREE price quote and an additional 25% off!
Resources For Auto Transport To Russia
U.S. Embassy In Russia – Services, and information for U.S. citizens in Russia, from the U.S. Embassy located in Moscow. Included is information about taxes, law, finances, importing and traveling.
Russian Road Police (In Russian) – For locations of local traffic offices, understanding driving rules and resolving tickets or fines, the Russian Road Police is the agency you should contact.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Russia
Like most things in life, when you hire a company to do a service for you, you want it done right the first time. Especially when shipping internationally from the U.S. to Russia, proper planning and working with a reputable shipping company goes a long way. At A-1 Auto Transport, we have a commitment to deliver and have the industry experience to do it. We not only ship heavy trucks or large vehicles, for we can accommodate any oversized and heavy shipping need. In recent months we have worked with folks and organizations who have needed to transport the following items overseas:
Mowers Crawler Loaders
Log Loaders Scissor Lifts
Pontoon Boats Skidders
Tractors Boom Lifts
And much more!
Each and every piece of freight that leaves the U.S. has a unique shipping circumstance that impacts its cost, vessel type and method of transport. At A-1, we have numerous options to get your oversized and/or heavy cargo to Russia.
Options in Shipping Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Russia
- Container Shipping- Shipping via a container is one of the safest and most common ways to ship cargo internationally. Being limited to 40ft, container shipping isn’t always suitable for larger cargo and another option may be more ideal.
- Flat Rack Shipping- Flat racks are essentially shipping containers without walls and a roof. This setup allows them to fit the most unusual types of cargo that couldn’t be crated otherwise. Freight does typically get exposed to the elements with this type of shipping due flat racks being unstackable and stored on top of the ship during transport. Shrink wrapping is an option for extra protection if necessary.
- LoLo Shipping- LoLo is short for Lift On/Lift Off and its purpose is to lift inoperable freight from the dock to the vessel and back again at port. Very useful in shipping oversized items that wouldn’t otherwise fit into a container.
- RoRo Shipping- RoRo is short for Roll On/Roll Off and is the cheapest, most convenient method of shipping to overseas. As long as your cargo is self propelled and able to move from the dock to the ship’s hull, then RoRo is an option for you. Secured to the deck within the ship’s hull, transporting with this method is the usually the least expensive.