Importing A Car To Russia | Taxes, Fees & Documents.
Shipping A Car To Russia.
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- The cost of shipping a car to Russia from the U.S. can be as little as $2,200 for shorter distances and up to $7,000 for transport to more remote parts of the country.
- Where the vehicle is originally shipped from in the United States has a large effect on the price, depending on the distance involved.
The import tax for a motor vehicle in Russia is roughly 25% of the vehicle value, in addition to the value added tax (VAT) of 18%. You can start to see how the costs can add up quickly when shipping a car to Russia–there’s also an annual vehicle tax, which is based on the engine output of the car. Cars with a lot of horsepowers will be much more expensive to maintain on a year-to-year basis because of the tiered vehicle tax.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Russia.
- VAT invoice or exemption form, if applicable (see below)
- Bill of lading or cargo documentation.
- Personal identification, passport, and visa.
- Original title and valid registration.
- Purchase invoice or proof of ownership.
- Certified import documentation from customs.
- Certificate of conformity, which is explained here.
- Employment letter.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Popular Shipping Destinations:
- Nizhny Novgorod
- Saint Petersburg
Call us today or fill out the online request form for FREE access to the cheapest prices on the market for shipping a vehicle to Russia. All estimates are given in real time by a licensed auto carrier and require NO OBLIGATION or commitment on your part!
Russia Auto Shipping | Driving & Registering A Vehicle.
Driving anywhere you’re unfamiliar with can be tricky and it helps to do some learning before you get there, especially in Russia. If you’ve never been, study up; if you have, these resources will help re-familiarize you with the road signs and licensing information in Russia.
Getting A License In Russia – For Americans importing a car into Russia, this helpful information will clarify the process of getting a local license.
Understanding Road Signs In Russia – A nice, no-frills visual representation of the most common street signs you’ll encounter while driving an automobile in Russia.
Registering a car in Russia is not as difficult or time-consuming as it can be some other foreign countries. Russia does offer temporary vehicle registration, which is valid for three months but can be extended up to a full year in some cases. Learn more about the vehicle registration process in Russia here.
Tax-free auto imports are limited to certain vehicles and most personal or commercial auto shipping to Russia do not meet the criteria. Tax-free car transport to Russia is only for foreign diplomats and vehicles that will be used for official business (for example, construction projects, medical services, etc.)
As of 2014, Russia does not charge a duty for the import of electric vehicles, though the value added tax does still apply. There is discussion that Russia may also eliminate the VAT for electric vehicles in the near future.
Need help figuring out how to deliver a car, truck or motorcycle to Russia? Call us for a FREE phone consultation or use the online booking form and get a FREE price quote and an additional 25% off!
Resources For Auto Transport To Russia.
U.S. Embassy In Russia – Services, and information for U.S. citizens in Russia, from the U.S. Embassy located in Moscow. Included is information about taxes, law, finances, importing and traveling.
Russian Road Police (In Russian) – For locations of local traffic offices, understanding driving rules and resolving tickets or fines, the Russian Road Police is the agency you should contact.
Related Information & FAQs.
- Use container shipping to get your car from the USA to Russia safely
- Can I afford to transport my car to Russia from USA – What is the cost of shipping?
- What is the cost of shipping a car to Russia using an open-air service?
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory