Densely populated city and capital of Norway, Oslo is a governmental and economical centre. Hub of Norwegian industry, banking, shipping and trading, it is also a significant maritime industry in Europe. Home to several maritime companies, it is also the main city of the European Commission and Council of Europe. In 2008, it was ranked as ‘Beta World City’ by World Cities Study Group and Network. With plenty of opportunities for working and study, students and expatriates look forward to short or long stay in Oslo. That is why having your own vehicle can be an asset. Thus, if you intend living here for some time, it is important that you import your vehicle from USA. However, before shipping or exporting your vehicle, you must know about the weather patterns in order to avoid the shipping delays. Since the city is known for tourism, they have efficient laws and customs relating to import of vehicles.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Steps to transport the Vehicle.
As with any import/export, there are associated fees and documentation that needs to be completed. When you are importing your vehicle to Oslo, you will be required to submit these documents at the US port and at the port of entry in Norway and at the Norway Customs .
- Registration documents.
- Purchase Invoice.
- Bill of Lading.
- Passport of the owner.
- Insurance documents.
- Residence Permit.
- Ownership Proof.
Any non-permanent or external parts of the vehicle must be removed before shipping since they may delay the delivery. At A1 Auto transport service, we have been in business for over 20 years and we understand all aspects of the Norwegian laws and regulations. For a speedy customs clearance, it is essential that you get the vehicle steam cleaned, remove all personal belongings and adhere to the rules especially, if you are sending the car by RORO transport service. Moreover, ensure that you steam clean the vehicle before shipping to avoid quarantine. Additionally, make sure that you remove all the air conditioning gas from your car.
Methods to transport automobiles.
It is essential to understand that any vehicle has to be transported to the local American port, before it gets shipped to Oslo. If you are allowed to drive your car to the port, you can save on local expenses or you can ask the shipping service to pick up the vehicle from your door and deliver it at the US port of departure. Additionally, the most common two methods of freight shipping to Oslo in Norway include:
- RORO: Your car is driven on the deck at the local US port and driven off at the port of Oslo. For safe transit, it is secured on the deck along with other vehicles. This is the more affordable option.
- Enclosed container shipping: This is the more exclusive, secure and expensive method as your car is ensconced and secured within the container. You can put your other household good along with the car and then it is sealed. This is perfect for vintage and luxury models of vehicles.
Arrival in Norway.
Once your vehicle has entered Norway, certain procedures must be taken care of. These procedures are ensure that your car enter the country safely.
- You must pay the taxes, fees and custom duty associated with shipment.
- Apply and test modification if necessary.
- Get approval from government and apply for plate registration identification.
Driving in Norway.
You must acquire knowledge about driving rules and traffic laws as soon as possible. The infrastructure and conditions of the roads is excellent. However, because of extreme weather conditions, some roads may be shut down during winters. Moreover, many Norway roads are up and down, steep and travel through mountains and winding hills.
Permission to drive in the country will be given on the basis of photo ID. Besides, it is also recommended that you apply for International Driver’s License. For more information about shipping your vehicle, contact the U.S. Embassy in Norway.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?