Oran is the second largest city in Algeria and one of the major cities on Mediterranean coast. It is about 268 miles from Algiers. It is a prominent port as well as an educational, commercial, and industrial hub but means of transportation are limited.
To strengthen the economy, the Algerian government has put into action new regulations and as a part of this plan, importing vehicles to Algeria has become more expensive with time. Additionally, there is a limitation on the number of cars that can be important under all categories. Thus, it is important check with the Algerian embassy in case you plan on moving to Oran in the near future. Additionally, you will need to comply with the stringent official regulations to enjoy driving your car here.
All associated rules and regulations are available online at Ministry of Transport. Before you think of such import endeavors, it is better to engage the services of auto shipping internal agencies having the right experience in handling the related complexities. With professionals at the helm, A1 Auto Transport services, has over 20 years in freight and auto shipping, dealing with all the associated steps like clearance from U.S. Customs, transport authority and the Algerian customs. We will ensure that the complete process is seamless and you will have your car at Oran.
Call us today to get all the related information about the associated shipping costs, taxes and duties on importing vehicles to the country. It's significantly high, approximately 15% taxes for cars along with additional VAT of 17% on vehicle import. We will work with you to ensure that total cost of shipping your car from US to Oran, Algeria is cost effective.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Oran
|New York, NY to (New York port) to Oran||$275||$2600||5+16 days|
|Oran to (California port) to Los Angeles||$350||$3400||5+30 days|
|Boston, MA to (New York port) to Oran||$400||$2600||5+16 days|
|Oran to (California port) to Las Vegas, NV||$450||$3400||5+30 days|
|Seattle, WA to (California port) to Oran||$550||$3400||6+30 days|
|Detroit, MI to (New York port) to Oran||$575||$2600||6+16 days|
|Chicago, IL to (New York port) to Oran||$675||$2600||6+16 days|
|Oran to (California port) to Denver, CO||$775||$3400||7+30 days|
|Memphis, TN to (New York port) to Oran||$800||$2600||6+16 days|
|Oran to (California port) to Dallas, TX||$1,025||$3400||7+30 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
The shipping process begins at the closest port near your city, clearing U.S. Customs with our company filing necessary documentation. These documents include:
- Declaration for vehicle export
- Expert declaration from shipping agency
- Vehicle title copy
- Details and copy of owner’s passport
Make sure to show the original documents on ownership, vehicle documents and are with you to become eligible to take the car delivery in Oran. The documents that you will need to show include:
- Original registration need, vehicle title
- Purchase invoice of the vehicle
- Import license (for non-citizens)
- US custom clearance
It is essential that the vehicle is cleaned and germ-free, emission and safety parameters are gauged at the Oran dock before the delivery is sanctioned. You can import the car as private citizens to Algeria, only if you are a war veteran or a migrant worker returning home. Besides, people shouldn't accept cash in lieu of the vehicle as this is against law. For foreigners the import process is guided by a separate set of rules. These include higher import duties and taxes applicable for all vehicles below 3 years manufacturing age.
When it comes to actual transportation, you have the choice of sending your personal car through container shipping. This is more secure but expensive method. Your car will be put within 20 feet or 40 feet containers that are locked. The other method is RORO or Roll on/Roll-off method. The car is driven on the ship using ramps and secured. At the destination port, it is rolled off. This is less expensive. For more information regarding shipping car to Oran, get the details at Algerian Embassy.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
🇩🇿 Algeria, (DZ)
Our Services and Information
Car International Destinations
Car International FAQ
🇩🇿 Algeria, (DZ)
Motorcycle International Destinations
🇩🇿 Algeria, (DZ)
🇩🇿 Algeria, (DZ)
A-1 Auto Transport Worldwide Locations
We Strive to Serve Countries around the World.
- Car Shipping To Or From Port of Ponce, Puerto RicoShip Car To AalborgShip Car To AarhusShip Car To AbbotsfordShip Car To AbéchéShip Car To AberdeenShip Car To AbhaShip Car To AbidjanShip Car To AboboShip Car To Abomey-CalaviShip Car To AbovyanShip Car To Abu DhabiShip Car To Abū GhuraybShip Car To AcapulcoShip Car To AccraShip Car To AcharnesShip Car To AdamaShip Car To AdanaShip Car To Adda-DoueniShip Car To Addis AbabaShip Car To AdelaideShip Car To AdenShip Car To AfghanistanShip Car To AgadezShip Car To Aguascalientes
- What A Pet Mover Does“Uber” for Kids?$500 Auto Transport | Finding Affordable Shippers10 Important Areas You Need To Know Around Your Neighborhood10 Questions To Ask An Auto Transport Company2016 Sturgis Motorcycle Rally2016 Utah International Auto Expo25 Years Old Cars: Import into the U.S.3 Tips for Getting Discount Auto Transport3 Tips For Moving Back To School3 Tips When Shipping Your Motorcycle5 Free Auto Shipping Quotes5 Great Additions You Can Add To Your Home’s Outdoors 5 Major Issues That Could Turn Your Move Upside Down5 Things You Never Knew About American Auto Transport5 Tips For Buying a Used Car5 Tips On How To Put Your Used Packing Materials To Good Use5 Ways to Ensure Your Car Delivery Is A Pleasant One5 Ways to Find a Real Professional Auto Transport Company5 ways to tell that your new house is now organized5 Worst Pickup Trucks of All Time6 Different Ways To Meet Your New Neighbors6 Gift Ideas For Your New Neighbors6 Great Ways To Get Involved In Your New Community6 Reasons Why You Should Keep Your House Organized
- 2019 - October2019 - September2019 - August2019 - July2019 - April2019 - March2019 - February2019 - January2018 - December2018 - November2018 - October2018 - September2018 - August2018 - July2018 - June2018 - May2018 - April2018 - March2018 - February2018 - January2017 - December2017 - November2017 - October2017 - September2017 - August