Oran is the second largest city in Algeria and one of the major cities on Mediterranean coast. It is about 268 miles from Algiers. It is a prominent port as well as an educational, commercial, and industrial hub but means of transportation are limited.
To strengthen the economy, the Algerian government has put into action new regulations and as a part of this plan, importing vehicles to Algeria has become more expensive with time. Additionally, there is a limitation on the number of cars that can be important under all categories. Thus, it is important check with the Algerian embassy in case you plan on moving to Oran in the near future. Additionally, you will need to comply with the stringent official regulations to enjoy driving your car here.
All associated rules and regulations are available online at Ministry of Transport. Before you think of such import endeavors, it is better to engage the services of auto shipping internal agencies having the right experience in handling the related complexities. With professionals at the helm, A1 Auto Transport services, has over 20 years in freight and auto shipping, dealing with all the associated steps like clearance from U.S. Customs, transport authority and the Algerian customs. We will ensure that the complete process is seamless and you will have your car at Oran.
Call us today to get all the related information about the associated shipping costs, taxes and duties on importing vehicles to the country. It’s significantly high, approximately 15% taxes for cars along with additional VAT of 17% on vehicle import. We will work with you to ensure that total cost of shipping your car from US to Oran, Algeria is cost effective.
The shipping process begins at the closest port near your city, clearing U.S. Customs with our company filing necessary documentation. These documents include:
- Declaration for vehicle export
- Expert declaration from shipping agency
- Vehicle title copy
- Details and copy of owner’s passport
Make sure to show the original documents on ownership, vehicle documents and are with you to become eligible to take the car delivery in Oran. The documents that you will need to show include:
- Original registration need, vehicle title
- Purchase invoice of the vehicle
- Import license (for non-citizens)
- US custom clearance
It is essential that the vehicle is cleaned and germ-free, emission and safety parameters are gauged at the Oran dock before the delivery is sanctioned. You can import the car as private citizens to Algeria, only if you are a war veteran or a migrant worker returning home. Besides, people shouldn’t accept cash in lieu of the vehicle as this is against law. For foreigners the import process is guided by a separate set of rules. These include higher import duties and taxes applicable for all vehicles below 3 years manufacturing age.
When it comes to actual transportation, you have the choice of sending your personal car through container shipping. This is more secure but expensive method. Your car will be put within 20 feet or 40 feet containers that are locked. The other method is RORO or Roll on/Roll-off method. The car is driven on the ship using ramps and secured. At the destination port, it is rolled off. This is less expensive. For more information regarding shipping car to Oran, get the details at Algerian Embassy.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?